Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise

Saturday, February 1st, 2014 5:05AM CST

Categories: Company News, Media, Movie News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,635

In the long way to the actual showing of the very very short teaser trailer during the Superbowl event, both Hasbro and director Michael Bay have decided to amp up the hype surrounding this first actual preview of what's to come for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Hasbro posted, on both the official Transformers Facebook page and their own Twitter that on Sunday something is going to 'Roll Out'.

Michael Bay, on the other hand, has teased a surprise coming up during the Superbowl on his own Instagram account. Is this going to be something other than the teaser trailer? Speculate away in the Energon Pub, and make sure you keep your optics tuned on Seibertron.com for the trailer itself shortly after it airs on Sunday!

Credit(s): Hasbro, Michael Bay
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546923)
Posted by njb902 on February 1st, 2014 @ 6:01am CST
Is there any idea around what time the blip will air?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546924)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 6:04am CST
I believe DotM aired during the second ..quarter, is it called? :-?

But no, no news as yet.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546927)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 1st, 2014 @ 6:19am CST
Maybe it won't have anything to do with the movie.

Maybe it has to do with this new looking non movie Prime from the cover of the German toy fair or whatever it is.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546928)
Posted by njb902 on February 1st, 2014 @ 6:20am CST
Va'al wrote:I believe DotM aired during the second ..quarter, is it called? :-?

But no, no news as yet.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546987)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 1st, 2014 @ 11:32am CST

njb902 wrote:Quarter is right. Though why it takes an hour to play 15 minutes I'll never understand.

Now don't bash on me on what I'm about to say, since I don't know how the Superbowl works, but I'm going to guess because half-time shows usually drown out the time, as well as the brand new commercials coming on. Like I said, I don't even watch the Superbowl, so I don't really know how everything works. Not much of a football fan, or sports in general. |:|
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546988)
Posted by njb902 on February 1st, 2014 @ 11:36am CST
Mindmaster wrote:I have a feeling that it's just the trailer itself, nothing else. But if it's something else besides the trailer, I'll be pleasantly surprised. :grin:

Oh I'm not talking about just the Super Bowl. 4 hours for a regular season game is an exaggeration, but only by an hour.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546989)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 11:45am CST
njb902 wrote:

Football! Am I (/they) doing it right?

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546993)
Posted by njb902 on February 1st, 2014 @ 12:00pm CST
Va'al wrote:
njb902 wrote:

Football! Am I (/they) doing it right?

They should make an Epic Rap Battles of History for those 2!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1546997)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 12:20pm CST
njb902 wrote:They should make an Epic Rap Battles of History for those 2!

Isn't that what the whole X-Men franchise is about? :D
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547025)
Posted by EagleTron on February 1st, 2014 @ 3:31pm CST
I'm hoping I see a flash of some big bad ugly robot aliens and a gaint sized Godzilla Grimlock or something like that. Lets go Transformers. I wanna be blown away by this hyped up first transformers AOE commercial. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547032)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 3:45pm CST
Ugly robot aliens flashing? :-?

Here ya go: Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547063)
Posted by EagleTron on February 1st, 2014 @ 4:36pm CST
Va'al wrote:Ugly robot aliens flashing? :-?

Here ya go: Image

No, not that kind of mid transformation jumbled up transformers parts flash. I meant something like this
Dotm-dino&hatchet-fim-highway.jpeg
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547067)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 4:44pm CST
Oh, I was going for the hilarious wrecking balls 'flash'. :P

But I have to say, I do like your version more.. here's to Grimlock, hopefully!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547136)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 8:55pm CST
I'll just leave this here.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547157)
Posted by User897 on February 1st, 2014 @ 10:32pm CST
What the hell is a "SURPIRSE?"

Jesus, can't Bay's people do a spell check once in a while?

Anyway....

I don't like the toy of Optimus Prime, which is quite upsetting by itself. However, I think it's going to get worse as we are shown more of this film. For instance, and this is just me thinking aloud after seeing the box art for that ugly ass Prime figure, I don't think the Dinobots are going to go over very well once we find out for sure, and I hope I'm wrong, that they don't have robot modes. I have a terrible feeling that they are going to just transform from vehicles to dinosaurs.

I am excited, but cautious and expecting the worst. You know, like, for any upcoming Bay Transformers film. :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547162)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 1st, 2014 @ 10:49pm CST
User897 wrote:What the hell is a "SURPIRSE?"

Jesus, can't Bay's people do a spell check once in a while?

Anyway....

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547167)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 1st, 2014 @ 11:16pm CST
I always watch the super bowl. And I'm not a sports fan at all. I only watch for commercials and to see who wins. 'Tis family competition.

I never pick the right teams...

Can't wait to see this, though.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547452)
Posted by SpaceSkull on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:30pm CST
Just saw the advert looks cool.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547482)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 7:07pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547579)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 2:15am CST
Va'al wrote:
njb902 wrote:

Football! Am I (/they) doing it right?

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer Hype - Michael Bay and Hasbro Tease Surprise (1547591)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2014 @ 4:28am CST
Autobot032 wrote:They're so awesome, it hurts. I'm betting the camera broke after that picture was taken, knowing it'll never be able to replicate that moment ever again.

They managed to get this in..

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction