Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More!

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More!

Thursday, May 1st, 2014 2:36PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 27,742

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertron.com Energon Pub users GuyIncognito and Uncontrolable_myosin have spotted not only the Optimus Prime and Grimlock pre-order listings that we reported the other day, but a whole slew of Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon listings. Ranging from Generations Deluxe Crosshairs to Dino Sparkers, Construct-Bots, One-Step, Flip and Change and more, head here for the listings. Still unsure if you're interested in these? Why not check out the Seibertron.com galleries for the Age of Extinction toys so far to see if anything catches your fancy first!

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More!
Credit(s): Amazon
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570499)
Posted by TimothyR on May 1st, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:I'm not sure why I bothered reading any of that. Va'al, at least was quick and simple. Beast wars is my favorite TV series, but in terms of what it had, which was good comedy and good action with fresh characters, the comics have delivered just the same and are generally more mature. Also beast wars toys were not that great. The series did not make that much of a deep mark on me.

I guess this is another reason to why I kind of have a great deal of inner hatred for this entire fandom. You all have a tendency to obsess over characters or specific altmodes, regardless of what series they are in or how genuinely good a figure is. You also have a tendency to desire MOAR regardless of the circumstances or what it is you're actually getting. Like I said, some of you guys just collect anything. Granted them dinobots look pretty good, I just don't want them because they're part of something that disgusts me deeply, and I have plenty of good toys already.

Seriously I don't care if all we get is a trickle. The few figures we've gotten during this time are frigging amazing. I'd rather be able to save money for my other hobbies anyway. At least that way things are planned and stores actually bother to order stuff that I want. After the hype is over there will be a disgusting amount of shelf warming for years to come.

Also no. It's literally impossible for this movie to bomb. I know how this works. It may have bombed if it didn't have dinobots in it, but it has dinobots in it. I know how you guys work and I know how kids work. It will be a hit. It is logical.


so why are you here?.. why bother even looking at movie related news? .. i don't understand.

also.. i'm excited for this line.. but not as excited as i've been for previous lines. and there certainly aren't any figures that jump out at me as being awesome like there have in previous movie lines.

also.. this thing (the movies) that disgusts you so much is also providing valuable cash flow for hasbro to produce the stuff that you want.. so maybe show just a little respect to the movies.. you don't have to like them, just acknowledge what they've done for the franchise.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570508)
Posted by william-james88 on May 1st, 2014 @ 2:51pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:
also.. i'm excited for this line.. but not as excited as i've been for previous lines. and there certainly aren't any figures that jump out at me as being awesome like there have in previous movie lines.


Not even autobot Drift?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570528)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 1st, 2014 @ 4:00pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:so why are you here?.. why bother even looking at movie related news? .. i don't understand.
I've really heard this argument too many times. Movie toy news is my concern because once the movie toys start rolling in it results in other announced toys being impossible to find or some waves even being cancelled. This just doesn't bother anyone other than me I guess. At this point I see it being those horrible constructbots ruining my days for the next three years. Also there's some obligatory BB and primes on the way as well. Good times ahead.

Also a lot of you are on about all the good complex toys brought to the table by previous movies, when an awful lot of the stuff shown so far really doesn't look as good to me, and I did pick up some movie toys in the past because of how good they were. The Dinobots do look good but really not enough so for me to buy them, like with Bludgeon and Mindwipe.

william-james88 wrote:Not even autobot Drift?
An ugly butchering of a fan character that was originally made up by a guy who really doesn't like the movies in the first place. Maybe I'll pick it up because of how completely laughable it is. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570530)
Posted by mtma on May 1st, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
Sooo. Amazon is listing A Grimlock and Optimus set... should I assume it is te Platinum set?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570532)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 1st, 2014 @ 4:14pm CDT
First of all, this is not the best looking Optimus Prime in the movies. The blue is too overwhelming. Second, the toys are simple, it should not take you 20-25 minutes to transform a Transformer. Maybe you should play with the One-Step Changers first before you tamper with the Leader Class toys.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570543)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:09pm CDT
I added the construct bots and simple figures to my wish list. Not sure what I'll be able to grab release day.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570548)
Posted by MutantDinosaur on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
Hey folks!

I also found AoE figures at my local Kmart today! I picked up Voyager Grimlock, and Deluxe Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and Crosshairs. (If anyone's interested in photos, I will gladly post; just don't want to clog the comments or waste my time if no one's interested.) Grimlock and Strafe rang up just fine, but the other three alerted the cashier to their violation of street date. However, the supervisor on duty didn't get it, so he just had the cashier ring the other three through as additional Strafes, since they appeared similar enough (even though Strafe is in a smaller "Ages 6+" packaging, rather than the slightly larger "Ages 8+" packaging on the other three). No complaints here! :D

Good luck on the hunt everyone!

MutantDinosaur
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570550)
Posted by Caelus on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:40pm CDT
I will always be excited where the Dinobots are concerned. Anything else (Galvatron as a truck?) can go hang itself, but even if AoE Grimlock doesn't look like Grimlock, he's still a Dinobot, and I'm sure I can come up with a fitting name/backstory to justify him standing next to MP Grimlock.

Really most excited by Scorn, though. Slug's swords look cool, too.

I'd prefer G1 colors, but I realize now that I'd end up buying every paint iteration anyway, so I might as well be happy to get these and hope for silver and gold nearer to Christmas.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570558)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 1st, 2014 @ 6:18pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:It took them TWENTY FIVE MINUTES to transform it?! Was that WITH instructions?! They need to play with Transformers more. 8-}


Back when I started collecting, my HFTD Leader OP... It took me 1:30h transforming the damn thing. WITH instructions! What more, there were still a gap on the hood. Only one or two years later did √ČI figured that to remove the gap, you have to rotate the fists just so.

Now, I can transform the thing without instructions in about 15 minutes without instructions. And that include fiddling with the Buster gun.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570561)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 1st, 2014 @ 6:31pm CDT
Forgot to add, after seeing the "review" of Leader Optimus, I will surely get him. Not at full price, mind you, but on a reasonable sale.
Maybe Leader Grimlock too, but onlu if he's on clearance.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570648)
Posted by TimothyR on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:09am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:
TimothyR wrote:so why are you here?.. why bother even looking at movie related news? .. i don't understand.
I've really heard this argument too many times. Movie toy news is my concern because once the movie toys start rolling in it results in other announced toys being impossible to find or some waves even being cancelled. This just doesn't bother anyone other than me I guess. At this point I see it being those horrible constructbots ruining my days for the next three years. Also there's some obligatory BB and primes on the way as well. Good times ahead.

Also a lot of you are on about all the good complex toys brought to the table by previous movies, when an awful lot of the stuff shown so far really doesn't look as good to me, and I did pick up some movie toys in the past because of how good they were. The Dinobots do look good but really not enough so for me to buy them, like with Bludgeon and Mindwipe.

william-james88 wrote:Not even autobot Drift?
An ugly butchering of a fan character that was originally made up by a guy who really doesn't like the movies in the first place. Maybe I'll pick it up because of how completely laughable it is. :lol:


you don't think i'm annoyed that the generations figures have been side tracked all this time leading up to the release of the movie line?.. i am. but i'm not going to go on a thread about reviews and sightings of movie toys and say something.

so.. any toy news is your concern because it pushes generations aside.. and you need to state that opinion every time news or a new thread is started about the movie toys?

maybe i'm alone on this, but i like each line of the toys.. they're new, they're something we haven't seen before, and sometimes it's refreshing to get something new. now, after a long time of these things sitting on the shelves forever, i'll be bored and i'll start wanting something new again.

also, you can't really complain about generations stuff being cancelled, i can't recall many generations figures that have been flat out cancelled or unreleased, but i sure as hell can think of a whole bunch of movie figures, that A LOT of people wanted, being cancelled.

from the sounds of it, the generations figures will be running concurrently with the movie figures.. how many of those will get a wide release and how plentiful they'll be is a mystery as of now. but i'm almost positive they'll be easy to acquire online.

if you're going to complain about anything, you should complain about the figures themselves rather than the affect it has on the generations toys.

with how huge grimlock has appeared in the trailers and how formidable he looks.. his leader toy falls REALLY short of that. it's not huge, hell it's not even as tall as previous leaders. and don't get me started on the t rex mold.. it's literally the worst t rex mode we've ever seen. anyone who looked at it and said "looks great, lets start making them" is an absolute moron. i mean, it looks like he just got done being tortured on a rack. i mean, if they can get the voyager looking relatively normal, how is it that the leader looks ridiculous? i REALLY hope that this thing is under $30 at retail, anything more is criminal. i mean, look at the height and mass compared to previous leader figures.. it's atrocious. they're basically saying goodbye to their established leader scale, downsizing and simplifying. personally, i think it's going to blow up in their faces, and with a $45 price tag, i think there's a good chance of that happening.

i do think there are some good aspects to most of the figures, even leader grimlock, most of his robot mode looks fairly nice, but those aspects are negated by horrific color choices. the chrome and goldish orange look terrible. and the other toys are worse, the dinobots specifically. it's sad that i'm going to have to paint this entire line myself.

lastly, you speak of the construct bots.. but what's worse is all of these one step changers, or these figures with push button transformations, or the stupid spinning grimlock.. ALL of that crap combined with the construct bots and the mashers are going to sit for so long and with that, i agree with you. it's just simply awful. and to stop making human alliance figures for this other crap has REALLY pissed me off. i mean, the human alliance figures have been some of the best figures we've gotten out of the movies period. but no, they want to produce all of this other crap that's going to sit forever. maybe they thought the human alliance figures weren't selling.. well, lets see, maybe it was because WAVE 1 WAS A REPAINT OF BUMBLEBEE AND SKIDS!!... and those sat for so long, they probably figured that they weren't selling. and then they had the gall to not find a way to release soundwave and mudflap. it's unbelievable.

anyways. i agree with you that the toy line isn't great.. but i disagree about generations and your stance on how your (collecting) life is ruined because of the movie toys and bringing that up here.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570649)
Posted by El Duque on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Courtesy of YouTube's Kraina Bajki we now have the English version of the Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime. We've embedded the commercial below:

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570667)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on May 2nd, 2014 @ 1:18am CDT
...Roll out? Really, did they forget how things with legs move?
Still nice for a toy commercial though, if you don't count the whole "legs do not equal wheels thing."*

*I'm being sarcastic here. Sort of. It is a really bad line...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570701)
Posted by KnightAero on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:00am CDT
Some how couple days ago I was able to add Optimus to my cart. Which it then threw it into a "Save it for later."
Today I was able to add it back to my cart and checkout with it... (Page for the item is 404ing... But the product was still able to be in my cart...)

Says I should have him May 14th. There is no way Leader Class is $26! So huge steal on that...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570718)
Posted by Spleenzorio on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:53am CDT
I took a trip to Walmart yesterday and I saw this.



I asked one of the kind folks who work there and they said they won't be on the shelf until May 17. However since about two weeks ago this tag has been on the actual shelf, not on a peg.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570774)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:24am CDT
If that wasn't Peter Cullen, it's a darn good impression of him.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570817)
Posted by Caelus on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:15pm CDT
So, $16.50 for deluxes at Walmart? I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but somehow actually seeing the tag drives it home.

As much as I love Dinobots, I may have to wait for a sale. I suffer from that horrible condition of being old enough to remember how much I paid for characters like Inferno and Transmetal Megatron during Beast Wars...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570818)
Posted by Spleenzorio on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
Forgot to meantion I'm in Canada, so the above prices will probably be lower in USA.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570847)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Amazon has these with a May 11th street date which is a Sunday and Mother's Day. That makes sense since with Prime 2 day shipping you would get them on Tuesday the 13th official roll out day.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Toy Listings on Amazon.com - Generations, ConstructBots, and More! (1570865)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
MutantDinosaur wrote:Hey folks!

I also found AoE figures at my local Kmart today! I picked up Voyager Grimlock, and Deluxe Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and Crosshairs.

MutantDinosaur



I am surprised they didnt have Bumblebee.
For anyone interested that is near the Montreal (Canada) area, some AoE toys have been available for close to a month now at specialty toy store "Toys on Fire" (you will only find them in store, not on their website). They have the 2 voyagers along with deluxe Slug, Scorn, Crosshairs and Bumblebee.

Along with your confirmation of many of the same characters I would guess that this pretty much makes up the first wave of toys we will get in May. They dont have Strafe but he was under a different code in your store so I do not know if he counts as being part of the same wave.

I guess that means that Hound, Drift, Slash and the Decepticons wont be issued till later. But I can be wrong of course.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers beast wars polar claw - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 54 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Prime Takara AM-01 Arms Micron Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 54 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 9 minutes 49 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 43 minutes 54 seconds
SDCC 2010 Exclusive Hasbro Might Muggs Transformers Prowl - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 13 minutes 49 seconds
HASBRO Transformers G1 Reissue Universe Autobot Beachcomber Legends Class - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 29 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers G1 Stunticons Menasor Vintage 1986 Hasbro Stunticon Combiner Lot - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 15 minutes 45 seconds
Funko Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Megatron Bobble Head - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 3 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test