Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail

Thursday, August 14th, 2014 9:59AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 24,696

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron at it again! This time to report sightings of the the Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-packs at the Rolling Meadows, Il Walmart. Revealed awhile back and priced at $14.99 each, these two-packs features Cyberverse figures paired with repaints of Scout/Basic figures from past toy lines. Optimus Prime is paired with Grimlock which is an Energon Cruellock repaint. Stinger a Cyberverse Bumblebee repaint comes with Slug which is a Beast Wars Neo Guiledart repaint. and Finally Bumblebee comes with Strafe which is a Beast Wars Basic Terrorsaur repaint. Check out the pictures we've provided below. And make sure to post up any of your own sightings in the appropriate section and forums, too!

Transformers News: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599234)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
GIMME THOSE 2-PACKS!
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599237)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 14th, 2014 @ 10:10am CDT
Hiboman wrote:Rippersnapper being recolored as Grimlock just might work. What do the rest of you think?

That's the one I want most. Not as Grimlock, though, but as Abominus fodder. Oh how I wish they'd repaint those figures more... or rather more widely release the repaints they did make...

Terrorsaur-Strafe is interesting, if just for the novelty of a BW figure getting a re-release nearly 20 years later. But of course they had to put a Bumblebee in it.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599240)
Posted by crossblades on August 14th, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
these are also appearing in UK Asda's (which i think are owned by walmart) not to keen on them though, look very plastic and just not to my tastes

http://direct.asda.com/Transformers-MV4 ... tml?dual=0
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599244)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 14th, 2014 @ 10:26am CDT
Hiboman wrote:Rippersnapper being recolored as Grimlock just might work. What do the rest of you think?

This has me hoping that they redo Windrazor as Strafe. With all the TFP Terrorcon repaints out there, I think there's a certain amount of customizing to be had in regards to what the combined form looks like. Almost replaces scramble combining, in a way.

I'm all for more TFP terrorcons repaints :D Though I've still got a long way to go before getting all them.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599246)
Posted by william-james88 on August 14th, 2014 @ 10:34am CDT
Getting the Slug/Stinger 2 pack might prove interesting in terms of value since you are getting a deluxe there and not a basic
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599255)
Posted by omega666 on August 14th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
Sorry, with all the crap that Hasbro has released for the AOE line, I have only bought 5 figures for my own collection. Voyager Optimus and Hound (which just feel like large deluxes), and deluxes Crossairs, Drift, and Strafe. I don't think I will be keeping Strafe either since the Dinobots were barely characters in the movie. And non of these figures felt like I got my money's worth. I haven't even seen voyager Galvatron anywhere. Just a lot of these clogging up shelves.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599258)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
These were released in the UK over a week ago, maybe longer. Why are there never any news posts about when these things get released at UK retail?
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599259)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:10am CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:These were released in the UK over a week ago, maybe longer. Why are there never any news posts about when these things get released at UK retail?


It did get posted.

And remember that even though we get fans from all over the world, the site is still US-centric.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599262)
Posted by william-james88 on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:14am CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:These were released in the UK over a week ago, maybe longer. Why are there never any news posts about when these things get released at UK retail?


Whicha re you referring to? If you are referring to the 2 packs, yes there was news about it on this very site
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599263)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
must be nice having a wal-mart that will actually carry something other than Dino Sparklers :(
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599269)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:28am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:must be nice having a wal-mart that will actually carry something other than Dino Sparklers :(

Must be good having a shop that has something more than Wave 1. Seriously, we're stuck at Wave 1 in this shithole. "Best" part is that there are NO Generations figures here.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599271)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:34am CDT
Also, that 3-pack with Strafe Bumblebee and STinger has just been released, also as an ASDA exclusive.





As well as wave 2 of the Construct-Bots Dinobot(s) riders.


Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599273)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:37am CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:Also, that 3-pack with Strafe Bumblebee and STinger has just been released, also as an ASDA exclusive.





As well as wave 2 of the Construct-Bots Dinobot(s) riders.



The two-pack looks interesting enough. I won't be getting it though. Those Kreos look awful though.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599279)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Also, that 3-pack with Strafe Bumblebee and STinger has just been released, also as an ASDA exclusive.





As well as wave 2 of the Construct-Bots Dinobot(s) riders.



The two-pack looks interesting enough. I won't be getting it though. Those Kreos look awful though.

Which 2-pack are you referring to? Also, they're not Kre-Os, they're Construct-Bots Dinobot riders.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599281)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 14th, 2014 @ 12:02pm CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:must be nice having a wal-mart that will actually carry something other than Dino Sparklers :(

Must be good having a shop that has something more than Wave 1. Seriously, we're stuck at Wave 1 in this shithole. "Best" part is that there are NO Generations figures here.

We do get generations, they're just exclusives to toyrus and we'll be lucky to get wave two. Especially considering that the restocking of the evolution 2-packs is spotty at best.

Also, that stinger...is that a different mold then the other exclusives?
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599285)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 14th, 2014 @ 12:07pm CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:
dalekslayer96 wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Also, that 3-pack with Strafe Bumblebee and STinger has just been released, also as an ASDA exclusive.





As well as wave 2 of the Construct-Bots Dinobot(s) riders.



The two-pack looks interesting enough. I won't be getting it though. Those Kreos look awful though.

Which 2-pack are you referring to? Also, they're not Kre-Os, they're Construct-Bots Dinobot riders.

Sorry, I meant 3-pack. And I don't really know or care about what those Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders are.
ZeroWolf wrote:
dalekslayer96 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:must be nice having a wal-mart that will actually carry something other than Dino Sparklers :(

Must be good having a shop that has something more than Wave 1. Seriously, we're stuck at Wave 1 in this shithole. "Best" part is that there are NO Generations figures here.

We do get generations, they're just exclusives to toyrus and we'll be lucky to get wave two. Especially considering that the restocking of the evolution 2-packs is spotty at best.

Also, that stinger...is that a different mold then the other exclusives?

Wait. Generations is Toys R Us Exclusive? Well shit. Because in this country there is only one Toys R Us. And it's pretty crap.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599287)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 14th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CDT
I know that feeling, my walmart, and I've counted, has got 8 IDW Legends Primes, 1 IDW Legends Starscream, 3 AOE RID Crosshairs, 4 AOE RID Strafes, 3 Leader class AOE Generations Prime, 6 AOE Grimlocks, 2 AOE Hounds, 5 Dino Sparkers, and 10 or so misc AOE Contruct-bots....

God I hate my walmart.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599288)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 14th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CDT
Best bet is to import at this point, that's what I'll be doing once Windblade and co get released.
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599308)
Posted by Flashwave on August 14th, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
Hiboman wrote:Rippersnapper being recolored as Grimlock just might work. What do the rest of you think?

That's the one I want most. Not as Grimlock, though, but as Abominus fodder. Oh how I wish they'd repaint those figures more... or rather more widely release the repaints they did make...

Terrorsaur-Strafe is interesting, if just for the novelty of a BW figure getting a re-release nearly 20 years later. But of course they had to put a Bumblebee in it.


Agreed.

Although, these figures are actually fairly easy to do yourself, if you ever wanted to take a dip into customizing. A micro-head paint brush, Meijer brand craft paints for .94 a bottle, spray them with a rattlecan in a nice basecoat of your choice, and


Doublecross (yeah, wrong faction...)


Bristleback & Birdbrain


Slog with "Art Studio"... Me thinks Birdbrain might object though...
Re: Transformers Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive 2-Packs Sighted At Retail (1599317)
Posted by Mr O on August 14th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Also, that stinger...is that a different mold then the other exclusives?


3 pack Stinger and single pack Stinger are (slightly different) Knockout repaints, Slug 2 pack Stinger is a repaint of ROTF Sideways.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem
Twincast / Podcast #145:
"May Mayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 26th, 2016