Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor

Transformers News: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor

Friday, November 16th, 2007 12:08PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 50,065

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED MOVIE
Cartoon Network has announced the Transformers Animated Movie: Transform and Roll Out! will premiere on Wednesday, Dec. 26 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

The movie kicks off a new animated series based on the Transformers characters.

Here's how the network describes the film:

"Optimus Prime and his small crew of Autobots come into possession of the AllSpark, a powerful Cybertronian artifact that attracts the attention of their long-forgotten enemies the Decepticons and sends them crashing to a strange and distant planet known as Earth.

"Set on Earth in the near future in Detroit, the alien Transformers are thrust into a world populated by humans and automatons. As visitors to Earth, the Transformers -- Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Prowl, Bulkhead and Rathcet-- work in the human world, interacting with the ŒnativesĀ¹ in exciting and humorous ways. Transformers Animaed has been created to showcase the heroic Autobots working together to battle the evil Decepticons and save Earth with kid-relatable plot lines filled with humor, distinctive character personalities, and dynamic action."

We reported earlier that it was a rumor, but it is clearly not any longer.

The old story found here.

And of course, Seibertron has a gallery of Prototype Animated Bulkhead here.
Credit(s): Wheeljack35

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462509)
Posted by Briggs on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:11pm CST
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462518)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:18pm CST
I newsified it, even if it was listed as rumor earlier.

This confirms it, and thanks wj35.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462521)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:20pm CST
Briggs wrote:http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11977

Yes, and as I stated, it was not clear at that time if it was true or not. So I posted this to let people know it is official.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462533)
Posted by Duke of Luns on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:30pm CST
The more I see and hear of animated, the more I'm actually begining to see the possiblities. This will be the deciding factor for me, great news!
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462548)
Posted by City Commander on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:47pm CST
I so hope this is good. Fingers crossed now!
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462549)
Posted by backpack on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:47pm CST
Great news, now when will the toys drop
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462562)
Posted by CMP on November 16th, 2007 @ 12:56pm CST
Interesting. I may watch, if I remember.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462627)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 16th, 2007 @ 1:36pm CST
[quote]kid-relatable plot lines filled with humor, distinctive character personalities, and dynamic action[/quote]

Let's hope this means more personality and less lame, cheesy humor.

Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462662)
Posted by Ploptimus Prime on November 16th, 2007 @ 1:55pm CST
"Let's hope this means more personality and less lame, cheesy humor."

Don't count on it.
This will be FAR cheesier than G1 EVER was. Watch.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462664)
Posted by bookofjunon on November 16th, 2007 @ 1:56pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:[quote]kid-relatable plot lines filled with humor, distinctive character personalities, and dynamic action

Let's hope this means more personality and less lame, cheesy humor.

I guess I'll have to wait until Canada gets it (we don't have Cartoon Network) to check it out... or just look online later after the premiere.[/quote]

That's how I plan to watch it, as soon as I can download it.

Screw the networks.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462686)
Posted by opjet on November 16th, 2007 @ 2:07pm CST
a week after my birthday and a day after
chritmas all in favour this would be a
good late christmas present say here here
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462697)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 16th, 2007 @ 2:13pm CST
Ploptimus Prime wrote:"Let's hope this means more personality and less lame, cheesy humor."

Don't count on it.
This will be FAR cheesier than G1 EVER was. Watch.

You're probably right... but I hope it's better than RiD at least.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462707)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on November 16th, 2007 @ 2:18pm CST

Don't count on it.
This will be FAR cheesier than G1 EVER was. Watch.

Cheesy!?

I guess you never watched Armada,Energon or Cybertron
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462763)
Posted by darkqueen01 on November 16th, 2007 @ 3:03pm CST
Confirmed date!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Another great thing to look forward to this Christmas!

Wheeljack35 wrote:Cheesy!?

I guess you never watched Armada, Energon or Cybertron.

I agree. At the very least this can't be cheesier than Cybertron. Cartoon Network has done some decent cartoon shoes that appeal to adults and kids. Not only will I give them the benefit of the doubt I will put what little faith I have in humanity to the belief that this show.... will at least be entertaining enough to watch. :wink:
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462793)
Posted by cybertronianjedi on November 16th, 2007 @ 3:23pm CST
well, it better be better than the cybertron series.and why do the optimus primes of today have mouthplates???? can'twe go back when optimus had onlay a mouthplate, not a mouth ?
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462796)
Posted by Roll_Out on November 16th, 2007 @ 3:25pm CST
Please be good... please be good.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462797)
Posted by cybertronianjedi on November 16th, 2007 @ 3:27pm CST
i hope this will be a good series.
_ _ _ _
Starscream: owns the most traitorus chin in the universe
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462810)
Posted by Trelve on November 16th, 2007 @ 3:31pm CST
I wish I had Cartoon Network, so I could see it. :-(
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462853)
Posted by bookofjunon on November 16th, 2007 @ 4:03pm CST
Trelve wrote:I wish I had Cartoon Network, so I could see it. :-(

You have a computer dude, download on a bit torrent.
Re: Transformers Animated Debuts Dec 26--Cartoon Network Confirms Previous Rumor (462896)
Posted by Tenkyoen [AKA: WheelBar!] on November 16th, 2007 @ 4:27pm CST
[quote]<b>opjet wrote:</b>
a week after my birthday and a day after
chritmas all in favour this would be a
good late christmas present say here here[/quote]

Here Here! (It's a week after my B-day too!) ^_^