Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup!

Transformers News: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup!

Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 2:08PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 14,390

TFormers reports that the latest Transformers cartoon Transformers Animated has finally been pulled from Cartoon Networks programming. This comes to us as no surprise as it was long known that it has been ended with season 3 with all links to season 4 removed.
To read TFormers original article please just click here.

So we all say farewell Animated, it was fun knowing you.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): GuyIncognito, TFormers
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007388)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CDT
Wow I'm surprised as it was certainly not a bad show at all; especially when compared with the other nonsense on tv for kids these days. I wonder what's next?
B-)
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007390)
Posted by Editor on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT

And seeing I'm in the second group can we please get a complete series boxset in widescreen as it was made rather than the Fullscreen episodes currently available.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007391)
Posted by Serpent O - R on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:25pm CDT
And there she goes...

For those of us who hated it, it's party time.

For those of us who loved it, Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Good Looking Chassis.

Rest in Peace, TF-A. One way or the other, you will be missed.

:sad:
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007393)
Posted by Mechastrike on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CDT
it was a great ride for Transformers Animated. too bad we couldn't stay a bit longer.

hopefully Animated isn't the last Transformers cartoon. so long as Transformers keep selling, a cartoon is not far behind.

i guess i'll never know what will happen to Blurr :sad:
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007394)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CDT
A moment of silence please... even from the haters of TF: Animated.

Especially from the haters. Seriously.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007398)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:37pm CDT
Cant say im gonna miss animated but i will say there have been worse TF cartoons out there and animated did have a few good episodes and alot of nods to the fandom.And animated is even giving us a real Arcee figure and a new HotRod so id say it was worth it. So since the death of animated is now official does this mean we'll be getting a new show soon? Lets hope this time around we get normal animation (maybe some CGI) and no humans.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007408)
Posted by Metroplex79 on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:52pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Lets hope this time around we get normal animation (maybe some CGI) and no humans.

We got that already...it was called Beast Machines, and a whole lotta people hated it. :P :lol:

It's like watching the last leaves fall off the tree on your lawn. You know winter's coming, and it's inevitable that all the leaves will fall.

Oh well, time to get the DVDs.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007418)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on October 7th, 2009 @ 3:19pm CDT
:sad:
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007423)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 7th, 2009 @ 3:29pm CDT
Editor wrote:Thus ending what depending on your views was either a utter waste of airtime, or an opus of fanboy love packed into 3 seasons of awesome sauce.

I would buy that immediately.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007426)
Posted by Mirage22 on October 7th, 2009 @ 3:47pm CDT
Aw, that's sad :-( I loved Animated. It will be missed greatly. I realized this, like, yesterday morning. Ever day, I wake up at 6 and have it on when I'm getting ready, and yesterday, they had on somethin' else. Man, and they didn't even finish up the Series, they cut it off at the middle of Season 2. Eh, at least we're getting the figures still :)
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007445)
Posted by justynnbailey on October 7th, 2009 @ 4:45pm CDT
Any word yet on a Season 3 DVD set?
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007447)
Posted by Delicon on October 7th, 2009 @ 4:49pm CDT
I watched Animated but it wasn't "can't miss' for me. I actually foolowed it a lot more before the long lull between seasons 2 and 3 which in my opinion ultimately killed the series and also seriously hurt toy sales.

I mayr my not get some of these DVD"s eventally, we'll see.

Only TF DVD set I will never buy is Beast Machines (what a pile of suck)
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007448)
Posted by Convotron on October 7th, 2009 @ 4:50pm CDT
Well seeing as TFA has been pretty much over for a few months, this isn't so shocking to me. I love TFA but I'm also not too sad to see it go. I think TFA did what it needed to do and while there are some characters I would love to see more of(Oil Slick), I think TFA is a complete show by season 3's end.

The way I look at it is that hopefully the groundwork done in TFA will be built upon in future TF cartoons. By groundwork, I simply mean that this is the first non-Japanese produced TF cartoon for years and I think it has done a great job in standing on its own as an American produced animated show.

If Hasbro decides to produce another cartoon in the near future, I hope they avoid any mistakes made in TFA's production and give us something even better.

I'd like to see something different as well. I'd love to see a new TF cartoon with art direction from current TF artists like Figueroa, EJ Su, or Nick Roche. I think they all have a great ability to give their Transformers designs a balance of traditional TF features and more mechanical detail to give the designs a more convincing mechanical appearance.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007523)
Posted by Heckfire on October 7th, 2009 @ 7:26pm CDT
Gotta make room for more live-action shows. Y'know, on Cartoon Network.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007590)
Posted by ClassyNX01 on October 7th, 2009 @ 11:12pm CDT
:sad: Meh....just meh... :sad:

I knew this was coming. I still hate it. Seriously I got nothing left on TV. Oh well here to the future! We loved ya TFA.

*I am secretly holding on to some hope, something will change the fate of TFA! Shhh ...it's secert!*

At any rate I do hope they learned some lessons from TFA as Convotron says.

Classy
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007594)
Posted by ChromiumTHC on October 7th, 2009 @ 11:57pm CDT

ChromiumTHC
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007603)
Posted by Gandalf on October 8th, 2009 @ 12:59am CDT
Why stop airing it? They show everything else ad nauseum, on a constant rotation...so why not keep showing Transformers Animated? Maybe this has something to do with the new Hasbro network?

I think they should keep airing it, just in a new time-slot. I'm not fond of Animated, but I would like to see more of it. I saw very few episodes while it aired in the wee hours of the morning.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007605)
Posted by Convotron on October 8th, 2009 @ 1:31am CDT
ChromiumTHC wrote:If there will be no more TFA then why put out new TFA toys? Also how come we still don't have news about the supposedly new Transformers show that will inevitably be on the new Hasbro/Discovery Kids joint network? Derrick J Wyatt (http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/) has been remarkably mum on all of this.

ChromiumTHC

To answer the first question, I think it comes down to simple business. Just because TFA is over doesn't mean people all of a sudden have no interest in merchandise of the line. Transformers has done very well. The RotF toyline has rolled out an unprecedented amount of figures in this year's waves, as I understand.

TFA is over but it's still present in the minds of many people who enjoyed the show and toys. We're heading to the winter holiday season so the TFA waves are coming out just before or during the holidays. One of the reasons Hasbro is holding off on immediate release of the next TFA wave is to try to make maximum consumer impact, I think.

Currently, the RotF line is still in full swing but not everyone is into it so by the holidays, some people who avoid the RotF toys may perk up at the prospect of redecos such as Freeway Jazz and Electrostatic Soundwave as well as new molds like TFA Voyager Blackout, Cybertron Ratchet, Ironhide, Rodimus, and Arcee. Having two different active(semi-active in TFA's case) toylines during the holidays means potentially more sales.

As for the second question, there are various factors at play. Under normal circumstances, Hasbro is very tight-lipped on info of future projects from what I've seen. Also, with the relatively recent news of TF3 being aimed for 2011, a year earlier than expected, Hasbro may have to re-organize their timetable because they have to work in whatever intermediate series into the new release date for the next live action movie installment. I imagine they want to do something similar to TFA and use the next animated series to keep Transformers momentum going during the wait for the next movie.

With this new timing adjustment, whatever plans Hasbro had for the next animated series are probably either out the window or undergoing significant changes. Hasbro may actually consider renewing TFA for a 4th season instead of trying to rush an entirely new series to fit in the relatively small gap between now and TF3. It's much easier to carry on with an existing production than to develop something new from the ground up.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007610)
Posted by Street-Convoy S0S on October 8th, 2009 @ 1:53am CDT
Can we sign a petition so a 4th season can be made also a movie for a finale? cuss i would like to see devastator, and ultra-magnus to come out in a new look.the same goes the predicons and maximals. is there any hope ?
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007646)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2009 @ 6:56am CDT
Gone... but not forgotten. *Bows in reverence*

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Landcross incomplete Metamorphs SL-660 Multiforce Corps - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 6 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS * THE MOVIE - BETA RARE - 1986 Eric Idle Orson Welles 1st Pressing - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 22 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Mirage Prowl Sunstreaker Ironhide Optimus Prime MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 37 minutes 59 seconds
1986 Transformers G1 Canadian Protectobots Defensor 100% Complete With Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 8 minutes 18 seconds
Vtg 1986 Hasbro Takara G1 Transformers TRYPTICON Dinosaur Big Figure ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 8 minutes 30 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock 2009 Toys R Us Exclusive  New - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 40 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Timelines Collectors Club AIRAZOR NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 29 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds
Website Security Test