Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup!

Transformers News: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup!

Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 2:08PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 12,090

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

TFormers reports that the latest Transformers cartoon Transformers Animated has finally been pulled from Cartoon Networks programming. This comes to us as no surprise as it was long known that it has been ended with season 3 with all links to season 4 removed.
To read TFormers original article please just click here.

So we all say farewell Animated, it was fun knowing you.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): GuyIncognito, TFormers
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007388)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CDT
Wow I'm surprised as it was certainly not a bad show at all; especially when compared with the other nonsense on tv for kids these days. I wonder what's next?
B-)
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007390)
Posted by Editor on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT
Thus ending what depending on your views was either a utter waste of airtime, or an opus of fanboy love packed into 3 seasons of awesome sauce.

And seeing I'm in the second group can we please get a complete series boxset in widescreen as it was made rather than the Fullscreen episodes currently available.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007391)
Posted by Serpent O - R on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:25pm CDT
And there she goes...

For those of us who hated it, it's party time.

For those of us who loved it, Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Good Looking Chassis.

Rest in Peace, TF-A. One way or the other, you will be missed.

:sad:
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007393)
Posted by Mechastrike on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CDT
it was a great ride for Transformers Animated. too bad we couldn't stay a bit longer.

hopefully Animated isn't the last Transformers cartoon. so long as Transformers keep selling, a cartoon is not far behind.

i guess i'll never know what will happen to Blurr :sad:
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007394)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CDT
A moment of silence please... even from the haters of TF: Animated.

Especially from the haters. Seriously.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007398)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:37pm CDT
Cant say im gonna miss animated but i will say there have been worse TF cartoons out there and animated did have a few good episodes and alot of nods to the fandom.And animated is even giving us a real Arcee figure and a new HotRod so id say it was worth it. So since the death of animated is now official does this mean we'll be getting a new show soon? Lets hope this time around we get normal animation (maybe some CGI) and no humans.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007408)
Posted by Metroplex79 on October 7th, 2009 @ 2:52pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Lets hope this time around we get normal animation (maybe some CGI) and no humans.

We got that already...it was called Beast Machines, and a whole lotta people hated it. :P :lol:

It's like watching the last leaves fall off the tree on your lawn. You know winter's coming, and it's inevitable that all the leaves will fall.

Oh well, time to get the DVDs.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007418)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on October 7th, 2009 @ 3:19pm CDT
:sad:
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007423)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 7th, 2009 @ 3:29pm CDT
Editor wrote:Thus ending what depending on your views was either a utter waste of airtime, or an opus of fanboy love packed into 3 seasons of awesome sauce.

And seeing I'm in the second group can we please get a complete series boxset in widescreen as it was made rather than the Fullscreen episodes currently available.


I would buy that immediately.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007426)
Posted by Mirage22 on October 7th, 2009 @ 3:47pm CDT
Aw, that's sad :-( I loved Animated. It will be missed greatly. I realized this, like, yesterday morning. Ever day, I wake up at 6 and have it on when I'm getting ready, and yesterday, they had on somethin' else. Man, and they didn't even finish up the Series, they cut it off at the middle of Season 2. Eh, at least we're getting the figures still :)
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007445)
Posted by justynnbailey on October 7th, 2009 @ 4:45pm CDT
Any word yet on a Season 3 DVD set?
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007447)
Posted by Delicon on October 7th, 2009 @ 4:49pm CDT
I watched Animated but it wasn't "can't miss' for me. I actually foolowed it a lot more before the long lull between seasons 2 and 3 which in my opinion ultimately killed the series and also seriously hurt toy sales.

I mayr my not get some of these DVD"s eventally, we'll see.

Only TF DVD set I will never buy is Beast Machines (what a pile of suck)
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007448)
Posted by Convotron on October 7th, 2009 @ 4:50pm CDT
Well seeing as TFA has been pretty much over for a few months, this isn't so shocking to me. I love TFA but I'm also not too sad to see it go. I think TFA did what it needed to do and while there are some characters I would love to see more of(Oil Slick), I think TFA is a complete show by season 3's end.

The way I look at it is that hopefully the groundwork done in TFA will be built upon in future TF cartoons. By groundwork, I simply mean that this is the first non-Japanese produced TF cartoon for years and I think it has done a great job in standing on its own as an American produced animated show.

If Hasbro decides to produce another cartoon in the near future, I hope they avoid any mistakes made in TFA's production and give us something even better.

I'd like to see something different as well. I'd love to see a new TF cartoon with art direction from current TF artists like Figueroa, EJ Su, or Nick Roche. I think they all have a great ability to give their Transformers designs a balance of traditional TF features and more mechanical detail to give the designs a more convincing mechanical appearance.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007523)
Posted by Heckfire on October 7th, 2009 @ 7:26pm CDT
Gotta make room for more live-action shows. Y'know, on Cartoon Network.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007590)
Posted by ClassyNX01 on October 7th, 2009 @ 11:12pm CDT
:sad: Meh....just meh... :sad:

I knew this was coming. I still hate it. Seriously I got nothing left on TV. Oh well here to the future! We loved ya TFA.

*I am secretly holding on to some hope, something will change the fate of TFA! Shhh ...it's secert!*

At any rate I do hope they learned some lessons from TFA as Convotron says.

Classy
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007594)
Posted by ChromiumTHC on October 7th, 2009 @ 11:57pm CDT
If there will be no more TFA then why put out new TFA toys? Also how come we still don't have news about the supposedly new Transformers show that will inevitably be on the new Hasbro/Discovery Kids joint network? Derrick J Wyatt (http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/) has been remarkably mum on all of this.

ChromiumTHC
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007603)
Posted by Gandalf on October 8th, 2009 @ 12:59am CDT
Why stop airing it? They show everything else ad nauseum, on a constant rotation...so why not keep showing Transformers Animated? Maybe this has something to do with the new Hasbro network?


I think they should keep airing it, just in a new time-slot. I'm not fond of Animated, but I would like to see more of it. I saw very few episodes while it aired in the wee hours of the morning.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007605)
Posted by Convotron on October 8th, 2009 @ 1:31am CDT
ChromiumTHC wrote:If there will be no more TFA then why put out new TFA toys? Also how come we still don't have news about the supposedly new Transformers show that will inevitably be on the new Hasbro/Discovery Kids joint network? Derrick J Wyatt (http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/) has been remarkably mum on all of this.

ChromiumTHC


To answer the first question, I think it comes down to simple business. Just because TFA is over doesn't mean people all of a sudden have no interest in merchandise of the line. Transformers has done very well. The RotF toyline has rolled out an unprecedented amount of figures in this year's waves, as I understand.

TFA is over but it's still present in the minds of many people who enjoyed the show and toys. We're heading to the winter holiday season so the TFA waves are coming out just before or during the holidays. One of the reasons Hasbro is holding off on immediate release of the next TFA wave is to try to make maximum consumer impact, I think.

Currently, the RotF line is still in full swing but not everyone is into it so by the holidays, some people who avoid the RotF toys may perk up at the prospect of redecos such as Freeway Jazz and Electrostatic Soundwave as well as new molds like TFA Voyager Blackout, Cybertron Ratchet, Ironhide, Rodimus, and Arcee. Having two different active(semi-active in TFA's case) toylines during the holidays means potentially more sales.

As for the second question, there are various factors at play. Under normal circumstances, Hasbro is very tight-lipped on info of future projects from what I've seen. Also, with the relatively recent news of TF3 being aimed for 2011, a year earlier than expected, Hasbro may have to re-organize their timetable because they have to work in whatever intermediate series into the new release date for the next live action movie installment. I imagine they want to do something similar to TFA and use the next animated series to keep Transformers momentum going during the wait for the next movie.

With this new timing adjustment, whatever plans Hasbro had for the next animated series are probably either out the window or undergoing significant changes. Hasbro may actually consider renewing TFA for a 4th season instead of trying to rush an entirely new series to fit in the relatively small gap between now and TF3. It's much easier to carry on with an existing production than to develop something new from the ground up.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007610)
Posted by Street-Convoy S0S on October 8th, 2009 @ 1:53am CDT
Can we sign a petition so a 4th season can be made also a movie for a finale? cuss i would like to see devastator, and ultra-magnus to come out in a new look.the same goes the predicons and maximals. is there any hope ?
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007646)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2009 @ 6:56am CDT
Gone... but not forgotten. *Bows in reverence*
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007694)
Posted by cybercat on October 8th, 2009 @ 9:26am CDT
Convotron wrote:To answer the first question, I think it comes down to simple business. Just because TFA is over doesn't mean people all of a sudden have no interest in merchandise of the line. Transformers has done very well. The RotF toyline has rolled out an unprecedented amount of figures in this year's waves, as I understand.


Oh the glimmering pillar that is Convotron's usual rightness.... I'm one of them, gnawing away at my arm until they finally release TFA Blackout. (What? I like copters!)

And as an old person, (insert creak here) I remember when we had toys...and no cartoon to give it story. Barbie? She didn't have a cartoon. GI Joe, when he was one dude? No cartoon. We...used our imaginations and made up our own stories. Which led to some very bizarre crossovers if I remember involving Barbie, smurfs, and Star Wars figures. So, just because the cartoon's over, it's like it's official? NO ONE can have any stories any more about TFA?

You'll make Toys in the Attic (who is writing a really cool TFA fic on our site) cry!

(However, if the slashwriters could please stop perving up TFA, I'd be so cool with that. I don't mind slashing up other generations, but for some reason TFA characters doing...nasty stuff creeps me out).

And honestly, I loved TFA UNTIL season three. They'd known then that it was going to be the last season, even though they'd already sketched out four season's worth of possibilities. THe stuff that made the cut and got made into episodes were often poor choices. It was really obvious from the start of Season Three that Strika and Oil Slick and Blackout (swoon) were supposed to get some depth and not just be cruise-ons. That didn't happen. Instead we get an episode where Prowl learns ONCE AGAIN that the way to true power is not through horking upgrades? WASTE!

But I am sad that they pulled it off the rotation. I get up at 0600 and it was always fun to drag my carcass out of bed to TFA. Sorry, but Gormiti, its programming replacement, kinda sucks.

HK, I should be too old for this.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1007751)
Posted by ClassyNX01 on October 8th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CDT
Street-Convoy S0S wrote:Can we sign a petition so a 4th season can be made also a movie for a finale? cuss i would like to see devastator, and ultra-magnus to come out in a new look.the same goes the predicons and maximals. is there any hope ?



Petitions specially Internet ones aren't going to do much good at all. They are created, forgotten, and almost never seen by decision makers in general. I'd suggest instead you take little extra time and contact Hasbro via their web site. If your real go getter give them a call. Let them know how you feel. While not every call or letter reaches management it dose get noted and if enough calls and letters stack up it gets noticed. OR if your a real real go getter write a real pen and paper letter! Things to do when you call or write.

1. Let them know your feelings good, and bad. (Tell them you loved the show. Also tell them your steamed up it will be gone.)

2. BE POLITE!!! (If you cuss like a sailor don't expect your letter to do a diddle bit of good.) The people answering your calls or letter are just employees with no bearing on decisions that were made to kill the show. BE nice to them they can make one call for sure whether or not to note your call or letter.

That about covers it. The only thing I can say as being a part of several campaigns to save shows don't get your hopes set to high, but do try keep positive out look. The good news is in this caae Transformers aren't completely disappearing just this version of it.

Classy
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1009201)
Posted by bvzxa on October 13th, 2009 @ 10:14pm CDT
hellkitty wrote:
Convotron wrote:To answer the first question, I think it comes down to simple business. Just because TFA is over doesn't mean people all of a sudden have no interest in merchandise of the line. Transformers has done very well. The RotF toyline has rolled out an unprecedented amount of figures in this year's waves, as I understand.


Oh the glimmering pillar that is Convotron's usual rightness.... I'm one of them, gnawing away at my arm until they finally release TFA Blackout. (What? I like copters!)

And as an old person, (insert creak here) I remember when we had toys...and no cartoon to give it story. Barbie? She didn't have a cartoon. GI Joe, when he was one dude? No cartoon. We...used our imaginations and made up our own stories. Which led to some very bizarre crossovers if I remember involving Barbie, smurfs, and Star Wars figures. So, just because the cartoon's over, it's like it's official? NO ONE can have any stories any more about TFA?

You'll make Toys in the Attic (who is writing a really cool TFA fic on our site) cry!

(However, if the slashwriters could please stop perving up TFA, I'd be so cool with that. I don't mind slashing up other generations, but for some reason TFA characters doing...nasty stuff creeps me out).

And honestly, I loved TFA UNTIL season three. They'd known then that it was going to be the last season, even though they'd already sketched out four season's worth of possibilities. THe stuff that made the cut and got made into episodes were often poor choices. It was really obvious from the start of Season Three that Strika and Oil Slick and Blackout (swoon) were supposed to get some depth and not just be cruise-ons. That didn't happen. Instead we get an episode where Prowl learns ONCE AGAIN that the way to true power is not through horking upgrades? WASTE!

But I am sad that they pulled it off the rotation. I get up at 0600 and it was always fun to drag my carcass out of bed to TFA. Sorry, but Gormiti, its programming replacement, kinda sucks.

HK, I should be too old for this.


yeah..come to think of it, we had Generation 1 TF's still being produced without a cartoon, eventhough there was one but in Japan only...we didn't know.

But in those days, us kids had imaginations, and no internet, some cable, and in some cities, 5 channels. I think every toy series has had a show to go with it, it's all a marketing scheme which goes in a cycle.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1025898)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 8th, 2009 @ 7:13am CST
I may be late on commenting on this but, what the hell!? I mean, my God! CN always takes the good shows and shits them out of their asses!This is crap! They show other crappy shows that ended. Take away all the good stuff and make room for CN Real, some shitty-ass new century of bull crap! Sorry for all the bad language, (I just hope I dont get in trouble). But this is AAAAASS! I saw it comming, I saw it! But, man! Good Lord! Really!? I didnt see it ending this soon. CN has no respect from me anymore. I used to love it, but now... Its a frekn peice of buffalo shizz. :evil: :-x
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1027304)
Posted by Nico on December 12th, 2009 @ 6:21pm CST
Atleast the next show will be US-made, not an imported anime.
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1028085)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 15th, 2009 @ 6:56am CST
Nico wrote:Atleast the next show will be US-made, not an imported anime.


Thank Christ. I hate anime
Re: Transformers Animated pulled from Cartoon Network lineup! (1028154)
Posted by Editor on December 15th, 2009 @ 11:37am CST
Nico wrote:Atleast the next show will be US-made, not an imported anime.


Actually all we know is that voice talent is being tapped, until we get producing information we won't know if this is going to be solely English oriented, or a similar arrangement to A/E/C.

SlyTF1 wrote:Thank Christ. I hate anime


#-o

Then you are missing out on a lot of good stories.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014