Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon

Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 2:22PM CST

Categories: Book News, Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 23,478

Amazon has put on a preview on their Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover listing. The book is written by Jim Sorenson and gives us a look at character and prop design, backgrounds and sets and color and effects. This preview gives us a look at a number of the pages exploring the art of Transformers Prime. The book is scheduled for release December 31.

Explore the rich world of Transformers Prime! Loaded with character animation models, concept art, interviews with the creators and more, Transformers: The Art of Prime provides and unprecendented look behind the scenes of bringing the TF Prime universe to television audiences. Jim Sorenson (Transformers The Ark, Transformers AllSpark Almanac) brings this deep, vivid world into focus!

Credit(s): Amazon.com
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534295)
Posted by Va'al on December 10th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CST
It looks veeery pretty, and I like Jim's work.
Could be a nice addition next to the Covenant, for a more practical take on the stuff!
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534298)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CST
There's a silver version of the car-based Vehicon in here labeled "Starscream's Vehicon Seekers", despite not using the Jet Vehicon model.

Also, you can view a while lotta pages using the "Surprise Me!" feature. I managed to get 16 pages to show:

Image 1 - front cover
Image 2 - credits page 1
Image 3 - credits page 2
Image 4 - Darkmount
Image 5 - Table of Contents w/ Ratchet & Arcee sketches
Image 6 - Darkmount throne room
Image 7 - Foreword w/ Bulkhead and Fowler sketches
Image 8 - Part One: Character & Prop Design w/ Megs and Prime
Image 9 - Cybertronian landscape
Image 10 - Introduction w/ Bee sketch, Scraplet, & Jack sketches
Image 11 - Key to Vector Sigma, Screamer sketch, Megs sketch, and silver Vehicon
Image 12 - Team Prime portrait first half (Prime & Arcee)
Image 13 - Team Prime portrait second half (Bulk, Bee, & Ratchet)
Image 14 - Prime concept CG model
Image 15 - Prime's weaponry
Image 16 - back cover

Others told me that they got many many more to show by logging out and logging back into their accounts, but that didn't work for me on my end.
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534299)
Posted by Va'al on December 10th, 2013 @ 3:10pm CST
Huh. I'll wait, personally.
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534306)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 10th, 2013 @ 3:36pm CST
*-*
It's so pretty, first actual art-book I'm buying. :D
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534307)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2013 @ 3:41pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:*-*
It's so pretty, first actual art-book I'm buying. :D
You didn't get The Art of Fall of Cybertron?
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534592)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 11th, 2013 @ 4:32pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:*-*
It's so pretty, first actual art-book I'm buying. :D
You didn't get The Art of Fall of Cybertron?

Nope, that's why I said this is the first actual artbook I'm getting.
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1534664)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 11th, 2013 @ 11:41pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:*-*
It's so pretty, first actual art-book I'm buying. :D
You didn't get The Art of Fall of Cybertron?

Nope, that's why I said this is the first actual artbook I'm getting.
You need to go get that one, too. ;)
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1535070)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 13th, 2013 @ 3:37pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:*-*
It's so pretty, first actual art-book I'm buying. :D
You didn't get The Art of Fall of Cybertron?

Nope, that's why I said this is the first actual artbook I'm getting.
You need to go get that one, too. ;)

No interest, I don't care much for the aesthetic of FOC.
Re: Transformers - Art of Prime Hardcover Preview on Amazon (1535152)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 13th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CST
Might buy this myself, too. Don't know if "You Can Draw Transformers" counts as this kind of art book, but otherwise, it would my first.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys