Transformers News: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 8:51AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,272

Site sponsor Kapow Toys has revealed the premium packaging for the Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue. The figure will also feature metallic paint and chromed guns. Check out the image below.

Updated: Official images of the figure and packaging courtesy of HK-TF.

Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp, Kapow Toys, HK-TF

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401574)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 17th, 2012 @ 9:10am CDT
[wt]I'm hoping Hasbro decides to release it in the US as a Commemorative Reissue, maybe a TRU exclusive, like the Insecticons, Perceptor, and Soundwave, with the standard Comm/Reissue packaging, at a lower price point.[/wt]
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401575)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 17th, 2012 @ 9:13am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:More or less G1 Galvatron size, but if you include his"wings", taller.

Hmmm, seem to remember the Galvatron reissue weighing in at about £75? Thats a hell of a hike, even with today's costs...
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401576)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 17th, 2012 @ 9:16am CDT
Nice. I really dig the bookman style box and added details. Alas this fig is way too expensive and will never make it on to my shelf (glances admiringly at D98 Sixshot reissue currently looking badass on shelf). ;)
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401582)
Posted by Kibble on July 17th, 2012 @ 9:37am CDT
Cool, but doesn't justify the extra $100 they seem to have tacked onto the price...
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401584)
Posted by Swindle01 on July 17th, 2012 @ 9:45am CDT
its normal for them.....

im sure it will be cheaper on ebay somewere but either way i think people are more looking forward to 3rd party classics sixshot
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401586)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 17th, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
It is cool looking but I too will pass. I'm totally content with my Takara re-issue from years ago. What I do think IMO is items like this and SDCC Bruticus wouldn't cost so much if not for these really fancy packaging...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401610)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 17th, 2012 @ 10:33am CDT
Looks cool, but like most, I will be passing. Already have the original, and this one's way too much.
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401612)
Posted by Mkall on July 17th, 2012 @ 10:35am CDT
Cool, but I don't do G1.
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401618)
Posted by Kibble on July 17th, 2012 @ 10:48am CDT
The crapper about it for people that find this stuff to be must have...I think this isn't going to do very well due to the price. So HasTak will probably look at it as a failure due to non-interest rather than the actual problem which is the rip-off they're trying to get away with.
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401628)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on July 17th, 2012 @ 11:31am CDT
Yea...I need that
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401629)
Posted by frogbat on July 17th, 2012 @ 11:43am CDT
G1 is my thing... I have quick switch, always wanted six shot, missed out on first reissue..l will I pay this much for this figure? Nope

Think at this point they calculate prices based I what's sold on eBay. I eagerly await a 3000$ fortress maximus

Also don't care for chrome... Find it cheapens the tf rather than make it more appealing but iia very small minority
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401635)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on July 17th, 2012 @ 11:54am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:What I do think IMO is items like this and SDCC Bruticus wouldn't cost so much if not for these really fancy packaging...'nuff said! :VEHI:

I know right? kind of a stupid idea to package these guys in their tallest modes rather than their more compact ones, I mean with Bruticus I guess it's understandable since it's five dudes, and packaging them in their alt modes wouldn't make much of a difference, but with Sixshot having him in car mode or folding his wing things would have made the box a bit more... y'know, better and compactier. :oops:

Mkall wrote:Cool, but I don't do G1.

Woah, bummer. :-(
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401652)
Posted by leokearon on July 17th, 2012 @ 1:12pm CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

Mkall wrote:Cool, but I don't do G1.

Woah, bummer. :-(

Bigger Box = Bigger Price

Does this look great? Yes
Do I want a Sixshot? Yes
Am I going to pay nearly $100 for a box? No

Why was';t this just done as an Encore release will be a big mystery
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401654)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 17th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
The more i see it the more i want it but that'll never happen. Hopefully some company will do a cheap ko of this again, i dont care if its real or bootleg actual size or not i just want the mold.
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401657)
Posted by Overcracker on July 17th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CDT
So where's the much touted Leather?????

I'm torn though... I want this, but not for that price.
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401658)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 17th, 2012 @ 1:39pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:So where's the much touted Leather?????

I'm torn though... I want this, but not for that price.

This
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401672)
Posted by UltraMason on July 17th, 2012 @ 2:12pm CDT
Why does Sixshot need chrome guns? Retarded.

I'm sure the bigwig collectors are all over this. I'll wait the extra 4 years for a 'tru exclusive' or whatever they do.

And yea, a nice 3rd party Hexatron or whatever it was, would be better at that price. Toy collecting is getting a little too big for its britches in this economy. I live in the US, we're on our way to being a poor country. (thats all Im gonna say about that) :-B
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401684)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 17th, 2012 @ 2:55pm CDT
Plus his wings aren't chromed!! Like G1 is.

What a rip off.

I also agree that they will prolly see it as a lack of interest and not acknowledge that it is a WAY overpriced release with too many unnecessary bells and whistles (packaging).
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401698)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on July 17th, 2012 @ 3:37pm CDT
Box is nice, but totally unnecessary. And frankly I think the white guns look better with him than the chrome.

I'll stick with my G1, thanks >:oP
Re: Transformers Asia Exclusive G1 Sixshot Reissue Premium Packaging Revealed, Updated with Official Images (1401700)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 17th, 2012 @ 3:42pm CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:Plus his wings aren't chromed!! Like G1 is.

G1 Sixshot had metal only at the base of the wings, not the wings themselves ;)

And it looks like you're paying more for the box than for the figure. Not that that's a bad things mind you, I like keeping my boxes. ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

2007 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS:Movie ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE Super Conversion AFA 90 WOW!!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 2 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 COMMEMORATIVE SERIES III ,2002 RE-ISSUE AUTOBOT JAZZ - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 3 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Universe KING ATLAS Figure NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 35 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1991 TRACKS partner side weapon action master EURO - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 38 minutes 47 seconds
Vintage - Transformers G1 1986 ULTRA MAGNUS hasbro takara - LOOSE for PARTS - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 24 minutes 10 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Skywarp - Time Remaining: 12 days 7 hours 38 minutes 38 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 9 minutes 26 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS COMPLETE POWERMASTER DOUBLE DEALER WITH KNOK & SKAR 1988 HASBRO - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 10 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory