Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 6:09AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 25,749

Thanks to a tip from fellow Seibertron.com user Autobot Genocide and site sponsor Kapow! Toys's Facebook page, we have some news for those of you still looking for a Masterpiece Optimus Prime/Convoy not in one of its many repaints: Transformers Asia have confirmed the reissue of the Hasbro version of the mold for this coming October, limited to the Asian market (excluding Takara-serviced Japan)! Check out more information below.

Masterpiece Optimus Prime Reissue (Hasbro Version) Announce!

Available: 15th Oct 2014
Available to Asia Only (Exclude Japan)

* TRAILER CONVERTS TO BATTLE STATION!
* AUTOBOT ROLLER INCLUDED!
* MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP FITS IN CHEST!
* SNAP-ON ENERGON AXE!
* SPIKE WITWICKY MINI-FIGURE INCLUDED!

(SPECIAL PREMIUM WILL BE INCLUDED)

Transformers News: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Transformers Asia

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596716)
Posted by Madkatmaximus on August 5th, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
Thank God. Just please, please, please be within my price range.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596721)
Posted by william-james88 on August 5th, 2014 @ 10:31am CDT

Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596737)
Posted by megatronus on August 5th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
Bring it on. Papa needs a second Hasbro MP-10.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596738)
Posted by megatronus on August 5th, 2014 @ 11:47am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Also, is anyone geting a vibe that they will rerelease MP-10 Hasbro in the western continents too?

I kind of doubt it, especially since YOTH Prime was released so recently. I feel like we would have heard about it by now, or would have gotten a leak from TRU's computers or something (as we did way back with Prowl).

This is probably just for the folks in Asia who didn't have access to the first release. Hope it's as cheap at retail as the first release, but with import markups as they are, I doubt it...
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596740)
Posted by william-james88 on August 5th, 2014 @ 11:50am CDT
megatronus wrote:

Who knows, with all these MP-10s, maybe the infamous Lena seller will get his/her hands on a few ;)
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596743)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
william-james88 wrote:So both those MP-10 rereleases (one hasbro, the other takara)would have to be imported over from asia for us europeans and north americans. Apart from the stand and the smokestacks, do they have other differences? Because I bet that asia exclusive hasbro rerelease will be much cheaper. Pretty much my main question why would anyone get the takara rerelease while the hasbro rerelease will also be available?

The smokestacks are the same for both versions.

Takara version has darker shade of blue; a grey Roller; and the interior panels of trailer have more luster.

Hasbro version has baby blue eyes, which fits with Takara's newer MP Autobot figures. A blue Roller, and yellow painted lights like in TFTM.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596744)
Posted by william-james88 on August 5th, 2014 @ 11:56am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

The smokestacks are the same for both versions.

Oh, so only MP01 had a smokestack difference, interesting. Thanks for the description, it further cements that I will simply wait for the hasbro version to be made available.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596751)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 5th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT

Tomy has different paint apps and pvc. Different box. Cheaper? I doubt it as the price for this one in the USA WAS cheap......until the scalpers got to it. In Asia, almost as expensive as the Tomy, give or take a $20.00 difference.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596755)
Posted by william-james88 on August 5th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

So are you saying that it will be closer priced to the Takara MP 10 because they know they can get more money from it due to the high scalper costs? Or simply because this is an asian release? I ask because Hasbro reissued Grimlock and didnt charge much even though the scalpers were having a ball with the previous releases of that figure.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596756)
Posted by Convoy on August 5th, 2014 @ 1:13pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

I'm wondering if TRU started raising the price on the MP Transformers at release to stick it to/take advantage of scalpers. The price always comes down... until it goes up on the secondary market.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596761)
Posted by megatronus on August 5th, 2014 @ 1:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

I would say because it's an Asian Release.

The Asia reissues of Starscream & Grimlock both started out at $200 with the US retailers, probably due to the import cost & markup. I can see Hasbro Reissue MP-10 costing about $250. But we won't know til we know.

Also, both recent reissues of Grimlock have by and large been of lesser quality, which is why you can still find the Asia Reissue Grimlock rather easily (the Hasbro reissue sold like hotcakes due to cheapness, but I doubt the scalpers are making a lot on them).
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596764)
Posted by K2vox on August 5th, 2014 @ 1:42pm CDT
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596768)
Posted by william-james88 on August 5th, 2014 @ 1:54pm CDT
K2vox wrote:PRAISE THE ALLSPARK!!! As long as this thing is under $200 I will be getting one. I missed out the first time and cry inside every day. I WANT HASBRO MP PRIME. I also missed jumping on the Hasbrotoyshop online release of Soundwave... which also makes me cry. I love these toys but hate the scalpers...

I am in the same boat. I don't get why Hasbro doesnt just make more when they see how high the demand is
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596769)
Posted by megatronus on August 5th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596773)
Posted by K2vox on August 5th, 2014 @ 2:15pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

^THIS - See, if Hasbro released more based on demand, they could keep the price down and still make money hand over fist and EVERYONE could have 1 or 2 MP Primes. The scalpers on Ebay that are making 300% profit are making money that is NOT going toward the GDP or GNP. I read that. Only when you buy a new product produced from a company does it count. So the stupid money going to scalpers in NO way stimulates the economy. What do 3rd Party companies do when the demand is high? They re-release stuff! Look at that old classics Ultra Magnus trailer add-on (which I got and is awesome). And even FP re-released their not-swindle and not-blast-off. FOR SHAME HASBRO.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596778)
Posted by Seibertron on August 5th, 2014 @ 2:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596796)
Posted by shajaki on August 5th, 2014 @ 3:37pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Right? Especially with the transition to new MP packaging - that seems like the perfect excuse to re-release him in the states.
that would actually be perfect. and awesome. i almost bought another MP soundwave just because of the way hasbro boxed him up (i already had takaras and all tapes).

Seibertron wrote:I'm curious why everyone thinks this will be in their price range if it's an Asia exclusive. It might be less expensive than current eBay prices (haven't looked recently) but considering previous Asia exclusive re-releases, the prices don't really seem to work out to our favor after import costs.
i was actually wondering the same thing. wasnt the first MP10 $300 or over? in general the asia MP's have all been pricey.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596809)
Posted by Seibertron on August 5th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

The first one was $250 if I recall, and the Hasbro version was $120.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596818)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on August 5th, 2014 @ 4:51pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
shajaki wrote:

The first one was $250 if I recall, and the Hasbro version was $120.

Well the cheapest MP10 on eBay UK right now is £225 ($380??) and that's actually quite reasonable. Now I can't see that Asia re-issue exclusive being that expensive? and any chance to get him cheaper is welcome.
Re: Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime (1596823)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 5th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

I would say because it's an Asian Release.

This. Yup! Grimlock re-issues have "issues" in quality alright. And the price for the Asia release are much higher than the US mainland. That and eventual scalper mark up. What's surprising is that being manufactured in Asia, you'd expect it to be cheaper but the TRU USA version was much cheaper(at least from what I heard at its initial SRP before scalpers)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem