Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers: Battle Masters Optimus Prime vs. Megaton Fight Night Sets Sighted at Retail

Friday, March 21st, 2014 5:38PM CDT

Categories: Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,945

The new Transformers: Battle Masters Fight Night Optimus Prime vs Megatron sets are starting to show up at retail. The image below comes to us from Seibertron.com member jsmith41 who sighted the set at a Toys"R"Us store in Los Angeles priced at $29.99. These are similar is style to the old Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robot game.

Credit(s): jsmith41
Re: Transformers: Battle Masters Optimus Prime vs. Megaton Fight Night Sets Sighted at Retail (1559261)
Posted by Amelie on March 21st, 2014 @ 6:17pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Battle Masters Optimus Prime vs. Megaton Fight Night Sets Sighted at Retail (1559282)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 21st, 2014 @ 7:22pm CDT
Indeed, the "Fight Night" in question will be Thanksgiving night; these things may as well have "90% off Black Friday Special" printed on them in advance. For the next 2/3 of the year, not a punch shall be thrown, and the full legion shall maintain peace, harmony, and dust.
Re: Transformers: Battle Masters Optimus Prime vs. Megaton Fight Night Sets Sighted at Retail (1559367)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 22nd, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
That's...certainly a new look for Megatron. Is he betraying a bit of respect for Optimus by trying out the mouthplate look? ;)
Re: Transformers: Battle Masters Optimus Prime vs. Megaton Fight Night Sets Sighted at Retail (1559370)
Posted by Spleenzorio on March 22nd, 2014 @ 11:13am CDT
Amelie wrote:Take note of that full shelf - it'll be that way in 6 months heating those shelves up when everyone is desperately searching for Generations Jetfire or Arcee ECT. Even the photographer didn't buy one (I'm guessing there). ;)

Ha, that barely counts as a full shelf. I'm guessing that's just one case and they could have shoeboxed (fancy merchandizing term for "stack on top of") another case on top of that if they had more. Or maybe some sold who knows?

Re: Transformers: Battle Masters Optimus Prime vs. Megaton Fight Night Sets Sighted at Retail (1559388)
Posted by Amelie on March 22nd, 2014 @ 3:20pm CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:It's always fun reading comments from people who are uninterested in a literally brand new product, saying they will sit on shelves for months. As a merchandiser who's stocked Toys R Us shelves I've seen product fly out the door so fast I've had to fill the gaps the next day, regardless of if I think it would sell or not. Surprisingly, little kids (who I'm guessing these are aimed at) may just have different taste in toys than us adults do. Shocking, right?

Lol - need to patronize (I have 13 years of Retail experience, 7 of those at manager and supervisory levels :P) - I used to do merchandising in the toy section for the supermarket I worked in. It was usually pretty easy to tell which figures were going to fly off the shelves or gather depressing dust. I guess thats a slightly different scenario as you aren't necessarily going shopping in a supermarket for toys, though, as opposed to an actual toy store.

I often prefer the toys with lots of fun play value if I'm going non-vintage (a big reason I really like Armada toys) as opposed to the collectible ones (I have my G1 stuff for that).

The problem with toys like these are that they're "generic" franchise toys. It could just as easily be Thor\Loki or Batman\Joker than Prime\Megatron and those are typically the ones I see languishing on the shelves for months.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction