Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 11:30AM CST

Categories: People News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,884

Our friend Ken Christiansen has shared some of his early concept work for the Transformers Bots Shots line. Here we have the vehicle modes for DOTM style Megatron, Shockwave, and Leadfoot. According to Ken he also produced designs for Dino and Soundwave, which at this point have yet to see production. Be sure to drop by Ken's facebook page for more awesome art: The Art of Ken Christiansen

Ken Christiansen wrote:Some re-discovered art, ground floor on what would become the Bot Shots line. Just some fast vehicle designs to fill out a Hasbro presentation for Siebenaler. If I remember right, Marcelo Matere art was doing the bot designs.

I also did (unreleased as far as I know) vehicle designs for Dino and Soundwave, from DotM, and that's all I've ever done for Bot Shots. Just the day and a half or so of work in 2010.

Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen
Credit(s): Ken Christiansen
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531494)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2013 @ 9:37pm CST
Bot Shots or not, it's always neat to see concept art like this.
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531835)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
I like the Shockwave tank mode but I wonder how they will be able to add the gun arm :-?
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531845)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532193)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:51am CST
NecaPrime wrote:Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Well, since this design was ultimately never used, it probably wasn't going to have an arm gun.

After all, the first Shockwave mold didn't have one, and the second one did but only because it has two cannons in tank mode (one on top and one on the side that became his arm).

Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532370)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 29th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533007)
Posted by Tuna Chump on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:18am CST
They look really cool!
Love the Shockwave one. I can just imagine him sitting on my desk :lol:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533009)
Posted by NecaPrime on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:25am CST