Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 11:30AM CST

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,613

Our friend Ken Christiansen has shared some of his early concept work for the Transformers Bots Shots line. Here we have the vehicle modes for DOTM style Megatron, Shockwave, and Leadfoot. According to Ken he also produced designs for Dino and Soundwave, which at this point have yet to see production. Be sure to drop by Ken's facebook page for more awesome art: The Art of Ken Christiansen

Ken Christiansen wrote:Some re-discovered art, ground floor on what would become the Bot Shots line. Just some fast vehicle designs to fill out a Hasbro presentation for Siebenaler. If I remember right, Marcelo Matere art was doing the bot designs.

I also did (unreleased as far as I know) vehicle designs for Dino and Soundwave, from DotM, and that's all I've ever done for Bot Shots. Just the day and a half or so of work in 2010.

Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen
Credit(s): Ken Christiansen

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531494)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2013 @ 9:37pm CST
Bot Shots or not, it's always neat to see concept art like this.
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531835)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
I like the Shockwave tank mode but I wonder how they will be able to add the gun arm :-?
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531845)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532193)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:51am CST
NecaPrime wrote:Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Well, since this design was ultimately never used, it probably wasn't going to have an arm gun.

After all, the first Shockwave mold didn't have one, and the second one did but only because it has two cannons in tank mode (one on top and one on the side that became his arm).

Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532370)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 29th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533007)
Posted by Tuna Chump on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:18am CST
They look really cool!
Love the Shockwave one. I can just imagine him sitting on my desk :lol:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533009)
Posted by NecaPrime on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
NecaPrime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS ARCEE - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 18 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition - Ultra Magnus Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 18 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers classics generations JAZZ UPGRADE KIT g1 chrome autobots - Time Remaining: 27 days 7 hours 34 minutes 3 seconds
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MIB  FREE U.S. SHIP - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 52 minutes 57 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM MECH TECH AUTOBOT TOPSPIN. MINT ON CARD. - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 53 minutes
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE ULTRA CLASS SERIES SILVERBOLT. MINT IN BOX. FREE U.S. SHIP - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 24 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers G1 Decepticon Skywarp Action Figure Incomplete - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 10 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Fire Predaking Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 15 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive