Transformers News: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner

Thursday, August 14th, 2014 2:14PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 25,689

The Transformers Collectors' Club brings the Humans!

Fort Worth, TX - August 14th, 2014 - Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro's official Transformers Collectors' Club, is excited to announce their first ever 3 ¾ inch human figure from the Transformers mythos… Marissa Faireborn!

Fans of the Transformers franchise will recognize Marissa as the Earth Defense

Command (EDC) pilot from season 3 of the original Transformers cartoon. What G.I. Joe fans will recognize is the name, “Faireborn”. As Season 3 of the Transformers series took place a couple decades AFTER G.I. Joe, this crossover character was in fact, as intended by Story Editor Flint Dille who worked on both Transformers and G.I Joe, the daughter of G.I. Joe members Flint and Lady Jaye!

In addition to this great action figure offering, Marissa will also be riding in to action with her Autobot ally, Afterburner! Both will be revealed tomorrow on the Transformers Collectors' Club Facebook page. However, in the meantime we are thrilled to present the art for Marissa Faireborn w/ Afterburner by Robert Q. Atkins and Jesse Wittenrich.

This figure, along with the motorcycle accessory, will be available for order through the Transformers Collectors' Club early Spring 2015. For more information on the exclusive figure offerings of the TCC, including Lio Convoy, Nova Prime and the TFSS 3.0, please visit Transformersclub.com.

About Hasbro

Hasbro, Inc.*(NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. *From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. *The Hub, Hasbro's multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

About Fun Publications, Inc.

For nearly 20 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. *Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit TransformersClub.com, GIJoeClub.com, GIJoeCon.com, and BotCon.com. *BotCon is a registered trademark of Fun Publications, Inc. (C) 2014 Fun Publications, Inc. *All rights reserved.

Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599321)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 14th, 2014 @ 2:15pm CDT
Pretty cool. :D
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599322)
Posted by Flashwave on August 14th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Today's the day, the Transformers Collectors' Club has revealed their second 2015 exclusive. As many fans have guessed, the exclusive is GI Joe-related, but not in the way one would expect. The second Club exclusive is... Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner! No mock-up images as of the writing of this post, but according to the Club, Afterburner is a redeco of the GI Joe Wheel Blaster Bike from the GI Joe line in 2012 done up in the colors of the original Generation One Autobot of the same name.

[quote]

The Transformers Collectors' Club brings the Humans!

Fans of the Transformers franchise will recognize Marissa as the Earth Defense

About Hasbro

About Fun Publications, Inc.

Are you into this exclusive? Are you not? Are you willing to enroll in the Collectors' Club today for a chance to get this exclusive? Sound off your thoughts in the Energon Pub![/quote]

Cool, and in line with the Joe SDCC exclusives, but unless we get Afterburner out of the Chromia mold, I'm not interested. (And yes, I know they already listed a non-transforming prop vehicle fpr the gig... hence my lack of interest)

Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599325)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 14th, 2014 @ 2:45pm CDT
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah no, they probably should've waited a year or two so they could make afterburner from Gens Chromia. Sure afterburner would've been a chick, but so was animated Dragstrip, so I don't have a problem with it.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599333)
Posted by Burn on August 14th, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
Another year ... another reason not to sign up.

Smart move ... but nope.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599337)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 14th, 2014 @ 3:35pm CDT

What will be the base figure for Marissa? Barones?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599342)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 14th, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
Burn wrote:Another year ... another reason not to sign up.

Smart move ... but nope.

Don't think you will. It will be a set available to both groups.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So, basically it's like the SDCC G.I. Joe Crossover sets only on a smaller scale. Interesting, but the main draw to TF fans is Marissa and the deco of the bike. :-?

What will be the base figure for Marissa? Barones?

Plenty of options for them to use. Baroness, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, and Bombstrike, as well as, Cover Girl and Quarrel have all been done recently. Edit: forgot Helix, and Jinx too. I'm pretty sure they can parts together a nifty EDC fig from those.

I was hoping for a transforming Afterburner. Are the Technobots on Hasbros radar? Probably not in the near future.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599344)
Posted by Burn on August 14th, 2014 @ 3:50pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:Don't think you will. It will be a set available to both groups.

So they'll take the lazy route. No big surprise there.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599350)
Posted by Moonshot on August 14th, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
Pretty cool idea. Really sweet if you collect Joe's as well. If I was going to get one though I would want Marissa smaller and closer in scale to transformers. When I first saw the post and saw the picture I thought Afterburner was going to be a Chromia repaint. Now TFCC, send me my TFSS 2.0 figure number 4 already :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599353)
Posted by Zeedust on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:06pm CDT

Burn wrote:More so given they seem to be forcing a crossover I've never wanted down our throats. I can see where this is leading, to get the full "set" you'll have to join the G.I. Joe club as well.

As long as they don't make an actual Transformer a G. I. Joe club exclusive, I don't care.

Burn wrote:

So they'll take the lazy route. No big surprise there.

Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599354)
Posted by Burn on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:14pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:So, you were annoyed that you'd have to be part of both clubs to get a full set, and now you're annoyed that this isn't the case? Just no pleasing some people. :P

When it comes to me and FunPub? No, there isn't.

The only decent thing they've done in recent years is Runabout and Runamuck. Nothing else has really interested me (except Scorponok, but I couldn't afford him anyway) and their business sense is rather lacking.
(That's how I feel anyway)
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599358)
Posted by Convoy on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Well, this couldn't be much more disappointing. A non-transforming G1 homage bike at club prices has basically zero appeal to me. And it's not like Afterburner was that major a character anyway, was it? I suspect this will be a slow seller. Then again, I could be wrong... I'm fairly shocked Animated Cheetor wound up sitting around long enough for me to get one.

Burn wrote:

So they'll take the lazy route. No big surprise there.

How come every time a TF/Joe crossover is done in the real world with plastic they leave out the Transformer?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599361)
Posted by shajaki on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599363)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:37pm CDT
shajaki wrote:i cant help but think... arent there bike-formers they could have used that would fit a gijoe? only remolding would probably be the handlebars to fit a joe hand.

Wouldn't movieverse arcee fit a Joe?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599366)
Posted by Flashwave on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:39pm CDT
Convoy wrote:

Burn wrote:

So they'll take the lazy route. No big surprise there.

Because scale. Ther are no TFs big enough to scale with the current GIJoe line of figures, and in the case of the crossovers, the humans are most important.

The only truly fair way to do it would be to use the HUman Alliance figures, but then the humans come out too small to be cross-compatible for GI Joe.

And smeone could prove me wrong, but I think the bike figures, Arcee, Wreck Gar, etc. are all too big. Chromia might not because of the enclosed cockpit, but she's not available. Heck, even the Energon Highwire w/Kicker was a frikkin' huge bike.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599367)
Posted by Mkall on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
An interesting idea, but considering that I'm not interested in non-transforming figures, I'll pass.

It looks like I'm only going to get the freebie figure this year.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599373)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 14th, 2014 @ 4:55pm CDT
I'd certainly be into a figure of Marrissa Fairborn if she's the same quality as the 30th anniversarry Joes.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599377)
Posted by Skywarp64 on August 14th, 2014 @ 5:07pm CDT
This'd be pretty damn awesome. If I weren't busy saving up for an Army of Darkness chainsaw hand, I'd absolutely join TFCC for Marissa Fairborne alone. She'd look great next to Flint.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599381)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2014 @ 5:18pm CDT
Somehow I just knew it was gonna be a Marissa Faireborn figure. The inclusion of the Afterburner bike is a nice touch, since I was only expecting the human figure alone.

Burn wrote:

So they'll take the lazy route. No big surprise there.
Lazy? We're getting this on top of a membership incentive figure, a Club store figure, six Subscription Service figures, and a seventh bonus Subscription Service figure. How in the world can anyone call them giving us TEN exclusives outside of BotCon "lazy"? This is their biggest number of offerings they've ever given us, and this particular figure is pretty much exactly what many were expecting to get out of it, plus the bike toy.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599382)
Posted by ScottyP on August 14th, 2014 @ 5:25pm CDT
Neat idea for Joe fans I guess. I am horrifically indifferent to this. Neat that it exists for those that want it, but just not for me.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club 2015 Exclusive #2 Revealed: Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner (1599384)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2014 @ 5:32pm CDT
Character-wise, I honestly don't really see how this set would appeal all that much to Joe fans as it would to Transformers fans since Marissa Faireborn is a TF character who originated in TF fiction, along with Afterburner being from this brand rather than the Joe brand.

I guess using Joe toy molds might have some appeal to the Joe fans, but I'd be willing to bet that anyone whoever had any interest in owning an action figure of Marissa Faireborn was a TF fan above all else.

After all, there was that one other (unofficial) convention that had a figure of G.B. Blackrock for its exclusive one year, and that was made from a figure of DC's Commissioner Gordon, yet I highly doubt there were any DC fans who wanted it for any DC appeal over TF appeal.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers vs G.I Joe #6 Yesteryear Comics Jamie Tyndall Snake Eyes variant - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 45 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Cybertron VECTOR PRIME New White Factory Sealed 2004 - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 15 minutes 50 seconds
POWERGLIDE MINICAR 100% Complete Vintage 1984 Hasbro Transformers G1 W/Tech Spec - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 1 minute 49 seconds
Transformers movie deluxe Action Figure Autobot Longarm Like the video Geme new - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 hours 35 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Fortress Maximus SDCC 2016 Exclusive - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 21 minutes 53 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Movie DOTM DA-16 DA16 Leader Ironhide action figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 41 minutes 59 seconds
SIDESWIPE~ Universe~Classics~GENERATIONS ~ CHUG ~ Transformers ~ Loose~ COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 27 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK HASBRO  TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MINT! - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 43 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory