Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order

Transformers News: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 5:03PM CST

Category: Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 22,160

In the wake of Fun Publication's ongoing security woes, the organization is establishing a fall back system for renewing memberships for those members who must renew before the March 16th, 2012 deadline to receive Runamuck

Seibertron.com will keep you updated when the PDF mentioned above, with detailed renewal instructions, is available. Your ultimate Transformers resource!
Credit(s): Brian Savage @ Transformers Collector's Club

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352134)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 26th, 2012 @ 5:29pm CST
At this rate, next year we'll be able to pay in goats for the club premium 'Leader-1 (arm)'
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352137)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 26th, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
So that this message will not upset the [spoiler]sensitive primates attempting to reproduce with a football[/spoiler] over at Fun Publications, I have decided to mask all comments that may be considered negative. So.... no online payments....OK.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352146)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 26th, 2012 @ 5:46pm CST
Yeah no.

If you want people to even care a little you should push the deadline for sign up further ahead or hold it off entirely until you know your site is secure.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352156)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:11pm CST
ALL i want is an email saying my item has been shipped thats all i want to here :sad:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352161)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:20pm CST
I respect that they're trying to put word out on how to join or renew with the club, given what I assume is their internal knowledge that things will decidedly not be up again before the deadline comes and goes. I also understand that they may need to have solid production number information for the factory, somewhere around that date.

The problem is, they should be giving THEMSELVES some wiggle room, there, too... if March 16 is when they have to give final numbers, the deadline should've been March 1. That allows them to account for stragglers, if they choose to, and to accomodate their good customers, when disasters happen (like the implosion of their credit card servers).

I hope they dramatically OVER-estimate their production numbers. The toys would eventually sell in the club store, anyway (assuming there ever is a club store anymore).
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352163)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:22pm CST
So glad that I chose this year as my first to join. Have also decided it will be my last.

These guys need to get their... "act" together. One PR misstep is forgivable; FP has committed several back-to-back which just makes them look like total amatures. Hasbro should rethink their relationship with them.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352166)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:41pm CST
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352167)
Posted by Rated X on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:43pm CST
Just checked my monthly credit card statement. No trips to Paris or blow up dolls were falsely charged under my name. In an earlier thread, I had suggested to someone that was paranoid about using his credit card to try to send a money order. Im glad to see Funpub put the idea out there since it's not rocket science. Of course theyre going to take a beating from the fans. Eventually theyll get over it. Even government websites get hacked.

Even though s**t happens, I actually support Funpub. As a G1/Classics collector, I like what Funpub does. Theyre one of the better branches of the Hasbro family tree. Look at all other garbage from Hasbro that is about to hit the shelves . Between TF Prime and FOC, I dont think G1 is going to get much love in 2012. Of course we have 3rd parties. But Funpub does try to give us characters we want. You gotta give them that... >:oP
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352168)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:44pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:wait I'm confused, this is the only way to renew my membership or can I call and have them input my card number over the phone?

No offense... but do you actually want to give them your credit card information right now? Until they can demonstrate they have a safe system in place, I won't be offering my financial info to them.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352171)
Posted by reluttr on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:47pm CST
I can see the next article now...

"Funpub looses mail in applications in unknown event, checks and money orders lost, cashed by mysterious source."
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352172)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:50pm CST
emeraldbeacon wrote:

I LOL when I read that out loud, the tone is just hysterical. No offense taken but I failed to mention that I had a plan in place where I would transfer the money to pay pal and use my pay pal debit card to pay. Something tells me this will be my only option to pay so time to dust off (literally) the old check book.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352173)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:52pm CST
reluttr wrote:I can see the next article now...

Oh God if that happens...
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352174)
Posted by reluttr on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:55pm CST
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352175)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 26th, 2012 @ 6:58pm CST
reluttr wrote:Why dont they offer to let people resub through paypal? Cause I don't have any checks, dont want to hassle with "or pay more for" money orders, and quite frankly don't have the time to mail out the form.

I was planning on switching banks this week but now have to put that on hold to ensure I re-up in time. First world problems I know but pay pal would be easier.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352176)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on February 26th, 2012 @ 7:00pm CST

Money Orders may be a pain, but they're one of the most secure means of getting payments to the intended recipient (disregarding the inherent instabilities of the postal system).

My fear is that there will be a rush to mail things around the 9th or 10th, and some of the letters will get there late, thanks to the post office. The result? "Thank you for joining the Transformers Collectors Club! You will recieve the 2013 Free Figure!"
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352185)
Posted by LiKwid on February 26th, 2012 @ 7:24pm CST
reluttr wrote:I can see the next article now...

I haven't laughed this hard since Power core combiners... Brilliant my friend , pure brilliance..
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352211)
Posted by G1 Legacy on February 26th, 2012 @ 8:10pm CST
Rated-X wrote:
[quote]In an earlier thread, I had suggested to someone that was paranoid about using his credit card to try to send a money order. Im glad to see Funpub put the idea out there since it's not rocket science.[/quote]
I was the afformentioned paranoid nuckelhead, but in my defense I had also thought of moneyorders as a possible solution myself but was equally fearful of sending the equivilent of "cash" out like a message in a bottle to FunPub. With the problems that have been exposed with their internal operation I wouldn't put it pass them to lose track of these hard copy non-digital orders etc. I too wish that they had some type of way of recieving Paypal. The bottom line is trying to join TFCC has turned out to not be a very pleasant experience thus far, and considering we live in the year 2012 I can't believe FunPub is having this kind of trouble representing a financial goliath like Hasbro, which should be able to organize and handle security well beyond these issues of discussion here. This is turning into a buncha' BS.

Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352215)
Posted by Heavy B on February 26th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CST
Already renued. YEAH BOIIIII
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352222)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on February 26th, 2012 @ 8:25pm CST
Well I wish I had that last week before my account was hacked into
Re: Transformers Collector's Club: Renew by Check or Money Order (1352223)
Posted by Rated X on February 26th, 2012 @ 8:29pm CST
G1 Legacy wrote:Rated-X wrote:

If the Fun Pub was an actual bar they'd water down their drinks, serve O'douls on tap, and have ugly chicks behind the bar :lol: Nothing "fun" about that (or the rest of this situation so far) folks.[/quote]

Boy there is gonna be some good drinkin goin on in Dallas this April !!!

If you fear they will lose your money order by mail, you can send the money through your bank. Most banks have programs that you can make payments through them. In most cases, the payment is sent electronically. That way if you don’t receive what you paid for, you have documentation that the money was received by Funpub including the date it was sent and a transaction number. This would hold up well in a claims dispute.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie Target Exclusive Battle Over Mission City Voyager Jazz Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 29 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON BRUTICUS 100% COMPLETE  FOC - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 15 minutes 13 seconds
New Sealed 2014 Transformers Year Of The Horse Optimus Prime Platinum - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 33 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Heroes of Cybertron Starscream With Crown Hasbro 2003 METROPLEX BAF - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 33 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Armada Overload with Mini-Con Rollout 2003 MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 33 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Universe Prowl Wal Mart Exclusive Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 51 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Heroes of Cybertron Generation One Collection Soundwave Hasbro 2003 - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 36 minutes 45 seconds
Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Generations Classic Deluxe BLURR Figure Complete Exc - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 38 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016