Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 7:47PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 24,515

Transformers News: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 exclusive
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club Twitter
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597488)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 7th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597489)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 7th, 2014 @ 7:52pm CDT
Interesting... its nice to see more imagination out of an OP mold other than the generic Black or Magnus repaints.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597493)
Posted by shajaki on August 7th, 2014 @ 8:02pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597498)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 7th, 2014 @ 8:41pm CDT
shajaki wrote:ive got hyper novae amyways.

And if we didn't have Hyper Novae, I could see a lot of kitbashers ripping the wings off of perfectly good Tigerhawks and Razorclaws to slap on this little guy and make him look more complete. Thank you Make Toys, for saving the Vok's emissaries.

I'll probably get this guy before saving up for the 3rd party one anyway. If all else fails, he can represent the Prime Nova of a some other universe just fine.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597499)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 7th, 2014 @ 8:43pm CDT
shajaki wrote:a direct repaint or their lio convoy? thats pretty week. it looks neat, but weak. ive got hyper novae amyways.

Hyper Novae For the win!
Despite all the pain from the pointy bits
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597503)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:01pm CDT
whoa!!! too bad the mold is smaller than classics bumblebee.
Also too bad the actual product will look nothing like the awesome looking art! I'm looking at you Botcon Devcon!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597507)
Posted by durroth on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
I'm totally with this... at least until they announce Nemesis Prime as the second exclusive.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597513)
Posted by megatronus on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:28pm CDT
I like it!

I think it would have been nice to use the same head on different bodies to get the same effect (would still save on costs but not be a direct repaint) but I'm on board with the concept.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597515)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
Mmm, I like the head design, but this is a big pass for me. Lio Convoy was good enough for me. Don't get me wrong, the Orion Pax mold is great (a little too small though), but don't just keep shoveling out the same mold with newer heads and paint jobs to match their characters. Would've been better if they used a previous mold from either an Optimus Prime or Ultra Magnus from a series of the past. Then again, you know how many Hasbro (and sometimes Takara to a degree) molds get reused for repaints regardless if it's for retail or exclusive releases.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597518)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:38pm CDT
Oh, I am so on board for this. This is the closest to an official Nova Prime we're getting, so I'm not complaining. I can see an upgrade kit from third parties in the near future, and if they look good, I'll pick up a set.

Can't wait for next Thursday's reveal!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597529)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:56pm CDT
I can just imagine him yelling at Optimus about "Manifest Destiny" and "Technological Perfection" in a high squeaky voice. He's so tiny!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597530)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:05pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:The Transformers Collectors' Club tweeted an image of a new exclusive for 2015. In the wake of the TFCC membership incentive figure Lio Convoy, we get a look at Nova Prime using the same Generations Orion Pax mold and the new headsculpt from Lio Convoy. This will be a club store exclusive.

...Seriously??? Why do I somehow feel so insulted by this offering? Granted, this is likely the closest we will get to an official Nova Prime, plus the fact that HasTak doesn't actually owe fans anthing, but...man I feel so underwhelmed. With the exception of the headsculpt, everything about him is underwhelming. Such an awesome and imposing character...reduced to the height of a small deluxe. Worst of all, he will be offered at 3PC pricing. Ouch. And I will not shell out $50 to $100 extra for a set of 3PC wings. Thanks, but no thanks. I am waiting patiently for MMC's Seraph Prominon.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597535)
Posted by Rated X on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
Thank you Funpub for saving me some money. Im perfectly happy with my official Hyper Novae. It officially exists and officially looks awesome and Im offically looking at it sitting on my shelf right now. So I wont be needing this. Ill take the Lio Convoy. But not this...
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597543)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:30pm CDT
It looks ok but I don't think that mold is good enough to make multiple repaints desirable.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597545)
Posted by Tranzilla on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:36pm CDT
Thunderclash anyone?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597548)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:41pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597549)
Posted by megatronus on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:53pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Wait.. they're going to use the same mode twice in the same wave of figures? Ok. now that really is being lazy. I mean, seriousy, it would have been ironic if they had used the Laser Prime mode.

They did it with overrun & runamuck...
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597550)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:09pm CDT
Everybody face the truth. It's lame.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597552)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
I wonder if this particular version of him will hail from the same universe as Rewind, Chromedome, Stylor, Treadshot, and Catgut. :-?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Reveals New 2015 Exclusive: Nova Prime (1597563)
Posted by Yweggo on August 8th, 2014 @ 12:08am CDT
Good. We need more non-Optimus Primes.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager G1 ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 24 days 12 hours 11 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers ROTF HFTD JETBLADE Deluxe Figure Autobot Harrier - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 58 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager G1 ALPHA TRION + SOVEREIGN NEW - Time Remaining: 22 days 22 hours 58 minutes 1 second
Transformers: Power Core Combiners Series 2 Windburn with Darkray Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 13 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Optimus Prime G1 Complete W Box Rare Japanese Lot Super Rare C-01 - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 13 minutes 33 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Air Raid Fall of Cybertron FoC Generations G1 Colors Lot - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 30 minutes
Transformers TRU Commemorative Series IV - Autobot Prowl - Generation 1 - G1 - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 17 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars BW Transmetals TM 2 Super Class Optimal Optimus Supreme - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 33 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory