Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership

Thursday, May 31st, 2012 10:37PM CDT

Categories: Collector's Club News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 29,710

If you were excited about the news of the Transformers Collectors' Club/E-Hobby partnership announced last week but dissapointed in the first product reveal of the BotCon 2012 Invasion set, just wait a little longer as the TFCC has announced via twitter that they will reveal their end of the exclusive deal in the coming weeks.

TFCC tweeted that the 150 sets available of the Invasion bot set sold out in 30 minutes.

TFCC also tweeted:

We look forward to announcing the additional items we'll b offering through this partnership in the coming weeks. This is JUST the beginning

What will be the next reveals in this lucrative partnership for fans in the coming weeks? Keep your browser right here at Seibertron.com for the news as it happens.
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club Twitter
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385834)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 31st, 2012 @ 10:43pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385838)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 31st, 2012 @ 10:47pm CDT
I see I'm not the only one who thought this was an announcement about TFCC ending their partnership with e-hobby mere days into it. Just the wording...

Well, here's hoping this involves a discount on the Devastator, Soundblaster, and Twincast reissues. Of course, with TFCC's rotten luck over the past year, they'll probably just get all the ones with missing parts dumped on them.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385839)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 31st, 2012 @ 10:48pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:At first I thought it said "Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce THE End of TFCC/E-Hobby Partnership"and I thought to myself "that was fast!" :lol:

:lol: Changed to hopefully clear up the title to avoid misunderstandings, probably more accurate this way anyhow.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385842)
Posted by Mkall on May 31st, 2012 @ 10:51pm CDT
Now what this is going to be I'm curious to see. What were the last few eHobby figures anyways? I don't remember.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385849)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 31st, 2012 @ 11:57pm CDT

The price for the botcon boxet went up $150 at least on Japan's part, so I'm guessing if we do get United Darkside Prime and FE Crystal Prime, they'll be $110 USD at least.

Sone past Ehobby figures were:
Black MP rodimus/prime
Diaclone colour Encore Ironhide/Ratchet
Was MP Ghost Starscream an Ehobby?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385857)
Posted by jaydisc on June 1st, 2012 @ 1:06am CDT
United Nemesis Prime or GTFO!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385862)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 1st, 2012 @ 1:34am CDT
That's what I'm betting on, Wonderfest exclusives.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385876)
Posted by Rated X on June 1st, 2012 @ 3:53am CDT
Screw the discounted old crap. How about some new classics e-hobby repaints ???

Orion Pax (Generations Kup repaint)
Black Diaclone Generations Ironhide
Official Deep Cover from classics Sideswipe mold
Official Sunstorm from deluxe seeker mold
Official Black Death Starscream from deluxe seeker mold

Am I asking for too much ??? At least the first two since the others have high quality KO's.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385903)
Posted by Forgotten on June 1st, 2012 @ 7:25am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:I'm 90% sure that our part of the deal is that we get leftover wonderfest exclusives... You know, Dreadwing and Smokescreen, Darkside Prime and Megatron, soon to come United Darkside Prime and Crystal FE Prime...

Sone past Ehobby figures were:
Black MP rodimus/prime
Diaclone colour Encore Ironhide/Ratchet
Was MP Ghost Starscream an Ehobby?

The MP Ghost Starscream & MP Black Convoy were regular release. But there were Ehobby releases of the two that came with comics & plaques if I remember correctly. Those were the only differences. I can drag out my boxes & check if someone else can't verify. I hope someone else knows because I HATE going in that room looking for boxes. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385943)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 1st, 2012 @ 10:28am CDT

Rated X wrote:Screw the discounted old crap. How about some new classics e-hobby repaints ???

Orion Pax (Generations Kup repaint)
Black Diaclone Generations Ironhide
Official Deep Cover from classics Sideswipe mold
Official Sunstorm from deluxe seeker mold
Official Black Death Starscream from deluxe seeker mold

Yes, I think you're asking for too much. I'd be willing to bet they're not going to make any new repaints for this swap. It will almost certainly be existing e-Hobby repaints.

As for the price, I would hope that TFCC understands that their members - serious collectors - are only going to buy e-Hobby repaints from them if they're the same price or cheaper than the cost of importing them through an online retailer. If they can't beat the import retail prices, what's the point?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385948)
Posted by SJ21 on June 1st, 2012 @ 10:40am CDT
The ghost MP Starscream didn't come with a plaque or a comic.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1385962)
Posted by freetouch on June 1st, 2012 @ 11:37am CDT
**Introducing TFCC/E Hobby Armybuilder Subscription package!!!**
For a subscription fee, you will receive 7 variants of g1/e hobby exclusive Guardian Robots, one for every color of the rainbow.

IN MY DREEEAAAAMMMSSS

I think I would kill for a rainbow set of guardian robots/OmegaSupreme

Why am I not a KO maker...THE IDEAS I HAVE WOULD PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1386038)
Posted by craggy on June 1st, 2012 @ 2:33pm CDT
e-hobby did the clear Classics/Generations/whatever Scourge, Cyclonus and Galvatron set and the Crazy Rodimus, toy colours Kup and Random Junkion B set that went with it.

those were pretty cool.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1386091)
Posted by Stormrider on June 1st, 2012 @ 5:58pm CDT
It would be comical if the TFCC subscription are the e-Hobby exclusive left shelf warmers that nobody wants.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Soon to Announce Our Part of TFCC / E-Hobby Partnership (1386175)
Posted by Rated X on June 1st, 2012 @ 9:32pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Image

Orion Pax (Generations Kup repaint)
Black Diaclone Generations Ironhide
Official Deep Cover from classics Sideswipe mold
Official Sunstorm from deluxe seeker mold
Official Black Death Starscream from deluxe seeker mold

So basically this "partnership" is just so they can swap leftover stock and sell it to people who refuse to pay more than 10 bucks for shipping ???

I could be wrong, but I dont think theres much of a market for E-hobby stuff in the USA when it comes to impulse buyers. Most serious collectors who wanted something E-Hobby have already bought it.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction