Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Transformers News: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations

Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 10:10AM CST

Categories: Media, Movie News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 43,951

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Yes, just like it's two predecessors, Transformers Dark of the Moon is nominated for 3 Oscars, so OK it's one Oscar nomination more than previously but you know what I mean. Just like it's predecessors it's nominated for Visual Effects, movies in that category are:

Visual Effects wrote:
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  • Hugo
  • Real Steel
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon


And instead of "Best Music", Transformers DOTM is nominated for the categories "Sound Editing" and Sound Mixing", the nominated movies in those categories are:

Sound Editing wrote:
  • Drive
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Hugo
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • War Horse


Sound Mixing wrote:
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Hugo
  • Moneyball
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • War Horse


So, what do you think, unlikely like last time, or three times the charm?
Credit(s): Oscars.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337681)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 24th, 2012 @ 10:15am CST
And just like with the last two times this won't win one, not even Visual effects.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337739)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on January 24th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CST
Planet of the Apes, and Probably War Horse for the other two. This doesn't please me at all. I know they'll lose.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337740)
Posted by dedcat on January 24th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CST
Passed over for best screenplay AGAIN! How can that be?

(did the sarcasm come across there loud n clear? I sure hope so.)
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337754)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 24th, 2012 @ 2:04pm CST
sound and visuals effects the only things these movies are good for, it wont win any though just look at the movies its up against
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337759)
Posted by prowl123 on January 24th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CST
DotM MUST WIN!
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337761)
Posted by RhA on January 24th, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
dedcat wrote:Passed over for best screenplay AGAIN! How can that be?

(did the sarcasm come across there loud n clear? I sure hope so.)


Haters gonna hate.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337778)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on January 24th, 2012 @ 3:05pm CST
Watching the Oscar's red carpet is one of my favorite parts of the year.

But yeah, DOTM doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell. Maybe Rosie Huntington Whitely will come in a nice Dolce Gabbana dress, though?
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337800)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on January 24th, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
PLEASE let DOTM win one. Just one!!
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337911)
Posted by prowl123 on January 24th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CST
dedcat wrote:Passed over for best screenplay AGAIN! How can that be?

(did the sarcasm come across there loud n clear? I sure hope so.)


This had no chance at that.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337912)
Posted by Seibertron on January 24th, 2012 @ 7:18pm CST
After watching the crazy amount of special features from the new set due out next week, I'm convinced more than ever that this film needs to win for special effects. What they achieved in this film and how incredibly real it all looks is simply amazing. While I was already incredibly impressed with what they achieved prior to watching the special features, I am tenfold more impressed after watching all of the work that goes into this process. Stellar stuff. They deserve to win ... hands down ... especially with what they did to Chicago in this film.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337941)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 24th, 2012 @ 9:23pm CST
It deserves to win for visual effects, certainly. Unfortunately, Planet of the Apes is gonna take it most likely. It also deserves sound awards...all three do.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1337993)
Posted by KingEmperor on January 25th, 2012 @ 12:03am CST
Dead Metal wrote:And just like with the last two times this won't win one, not even Visual effects.

I didn't even think ROTF got nominated for visual. Which was total BS, if you ask me.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1338065)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 25th, 2012 @ 9:08am CST
KingEmperor wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:And just like with the last two times this won't win one, not even Visual effects.

I didn't even think ROTF got nominated for visual. Which was total BS, if you ask me.


This.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1338174)
Posted by prowl123 on January 25th, 2012 @ 2:38pm CST
KingEmperor wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:And just like with the last two times this won't win one, not even Visual effects.

I didn't even think ROTF got nominated for visual. Which was total BS, if you ask me.


I thought the effects were terrible in RotF. You could clearly see the white line around everything CGI. That's a sign of poorly done effects. Plus, everything was so fast, I was hard to tell what was going on.

It probably didn't even get looked at because of what a bad movie it was.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352214)
Posted by Seibertron on February 26th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CST
Anyone else watching Hollywood's Super Bowl? Here's hoping Transformers Dark of the Moon wins something. It definitely deserves Visual Effects.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352224)
Posted by Seibertron on February 26th, 2012 @ 8:31pm CST
Transformers Dark of the Moon lost to Hugo for Sound Editing. :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:

And it lost again to Huge for Sound Mixing :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352282)
Posted by Seibertron on February 26th, 2012 @ 10:49pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Transformers Dark of the Moon lost to Hugo for Sound Editing. :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:

And it lost again to Huge for Sound Mixing :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:


And for Visual Effects. To Hugo. :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352290)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 26th, 2012 @ 11:05pm CST
So they lost all 3, surprising absolutely no one. lol
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352298)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on February 26th, 2012 @ 11:38pm CST
>not winning Visual Effects

Oscars confirmed for bullshit.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352310)
Posted by El Duque on February 27th, 2012 @ 12:55am CST
The Academy Awards have ended and Transformers Dark of the Moon has come up empty handed. The film was nominated in three categories: Visual Effects, Sound Editing, and Sound Mixing. Unfortunately for us the Martin Scorsese directed Hugo also received nominations in those three categories and managed to sweep all three. Guess we'll have to settle for "It's an honor just to be nominated" and hope for better luck next time. We do have another Transformers film to look forward to in 2014 after all!

Film School Reject's Robert Fure by way of Michael Bay's official website:

Achievement in Sound Editing

Hugo wins here, which is stupid. Drive was nominated because it was loud and realistic, but I don’t think that overcomes Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which created an amazing and realistic immersive experience that was well thought out. Say what you will about the movie or Bay, but the film is cutting edge and sounded amazing.

Achievement in Sound Mixing

Again, Hugo doesn’t hold a candle to Transformers. The action film is ignored because it’s perceived as being big, loud, and stupid, when it is actually big, loud, and technically crafted amazingly in several departments. Hate the film, you can’t ignore the layers of sound work here.

Achievement in Visual Effects + This is What’s Wrong with the Oscars Part 2

The childish Hugo again wins, inexplicably. I don’t think Deathly Hallows had the consistency in its effects work to win here. Many were cheering Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but I don’t think that wins here either – what was the achievement? More facial mocap? Big whoop. The technology being utilized here is Lord of the Rings stuff plus the hair texturing of King Kong. It’s not groundbreaking. I liked Real Steel, which had some pretty great effects, but the king of the pile here is Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

This is again what’s wrong with the Oscar’s. They don’t want to give Transformers an Academy Award, despite the fact that it is utterly amazing visually. Michael Bay has a bad reputation in some professional circles and a lot of people consider him to be a bad director – so what? This isn’t about good people and this category actually isn’t about “good” movies. Transformers is at least competent in every department, but when it comes to visual effects, this film is retardedly amazing. The robots move more realistically than the apes in Rise, and they seamlessly interact with the physical environment. The effects are blended perfectly.

Further, the film breaks ground in processing power and what’s possible on the screen. Each of the Transformers is made up of hundreds, if not tens of thousands, of pieces that are animated. There was a time when just putting one of those guys on screen was impossible, yet now a battle can rage with dozens of Transformers fighting dozens of flying vehicles while buildings collapse in the background. This just isn’t about the robots, it’s about the entire digital landscape collapsing around them. Dark of the Moon was fucking robbed.


Visual Effects
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  • Hugo - Winner
  • Real Steel
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon


Sound Editing
  • Drive
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Hugo - Winner
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • War Horse


Sound Mixing
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Hugo - Winner
  • Moneyball
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • War Horse
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352312)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 27th, 2012 @ 1:11am CST
HAH, all that work and it loses to a movie thats much more story driven.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352315)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on February 27th, 2012 @ 1:28am CST
Treetop Maximus wrote:>not winning Visual Effects

Oscars confirmed for bullshit.

Agreed, the whole thing is a joke. I'm surprised anyone takes it seriously when they make decisions like that.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352318)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 27th, 2012 @ 1:49am CST
How come the oscars are bullshit? They probably saw all the special effects and were like, woo... crazy i guess... well, from what I actually made out from all the craziness... And then they forget about it, coz it leaves no lasting impression.
Its not just about how crazy the visuals are, its about how effectively they are applied. I don't really care about the oscars, but if thats how they were rating special effects, I completely agree.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352322)
Posted by RhA on February 27th, 2012 @ 2:24am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:How come the oscars are bullshit? They probably saw all the special effects and were like, woo... crazy i guess... well, from what I actually made out from all the craziness... And then they forget about it, coz it leaves no lasting impression.
Its not just about how crazy the visuals are, its about how effectively they are applied. I don't really care about the oscars, but if thats how they were rating special effects, I completely agree.


The oscars are bullshit because it's a circle jerk.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352332)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:11am CST
just because a movie has alot of effects doesnt mean it should win anything, especially when the cg isnt even that great. They CGI in DOTM wasnt bad but it wasnt great either. when you see cg in the movie you know its cg cause it looks like cg, great cg should look like its a real life prop on the set not like it was added in later. It would be one thing if they did something nwe bit they didnt, the effects looked the same as the first movie. Out of all the movies there either planet of the apes or harry potter should've won, not a fan of either movie but the effects were awesome. but as we all know its the oscars so the things that should win never do.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352334)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:22am CST
-_- true talent ignored again.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352337)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:42am CST
And so the onslaught of fan boys begins...

"Oscars are bullshit WAH!"
"Oscars are fixed WAH!"
"Nobody cares about Oscars anyway WAH!"

Sorry guys, Hugo was extremely well received. DOTM was not. Everyone knew it had no chance of winning.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352341)
Posted by combiner711 on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:55am CST
This is what you will get in the oscars with those aged 70+ judges :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352349)
Posted by RhA on February 27th, 2012 @ 5:23am CST
Starscream GaGa wrote:And so the onslaught of fan boys begins...

"Oscars are bullshit WAH!"
"Oscars are fixed WAH!"
"Nobody cares about Oscars anyway WAH!"

Sorry guys, Hugo was extremely well received. DOTM was not. Everyone knew it had no chance of winning.


Everyone exept me.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352362)
Posted by MagnusLabel on February 27th, 2012 @ 6:22am CST
When TF lost to the f@!king pooh-hole bear in Oscar Visual Effects 2007, I know that TF would never receive any prize in Oscar. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352364)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 27th, 2012 @ 6:31am CST
RhA wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:How come the oscars are bullshit? They probably saw all the special effects and were like, woo... crazy i guess... well, from what I actually made out from all the craziness... And then they forget about it, coz it leaves no lasting impression.
Its not just about how crazy the visuals are, its about how effectively they are applied. I don't really care about the oscars, but if thats how they were rating special effects, I completely agree.


The oscars are bullshit because it's a circle jerk.

Yep, it's Hollywood loving on Hollywood. And in that world, Martin Scorsese beats out Michael Bay every time.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352367)
Posted by KingEmperor on February 27th, 2012 @ 6:58am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:
RhA wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:How come the oscars are bullshit? They probably saw all the special effects and were like, woo... crazy i guess... well, from what I actually made out from all the craziness... And then they forget about it, coz it leaves no lasting impression.
Its not just about how crazy the visuals are, its about how effectively they are applied. I don't really care about the oscars, but if thats how they were rating special effects, I completely agree.


The oscars are bullshit because it's a circle jerk.

Yep, it's Hollywood loving on Hollywood. And in that world, Martin Scorsese beats out Michael Bay every time.

Hollywood hates Michael Bay, but loves the money he brings in. Haha.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352379)
Posted by dragons on February 27th, 2012 @ 7:37am CST
:shock: wow not to sound negative i knew we wouldnt get anything but hugo did clean sweep those award shows always seem to be rigged to me fans who vote for winners are ones i watch , mtv, teen choice.

really hugo didnt make that much money at boxoffice to some of films that it was up against at boxoffice >:oP
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352380)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 27th, 2012 @ 7:40am CST
People the awards are NOT about how much they got in box office!
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352393)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on February 27th, 2012 @ 8:23am CST
Starscream GaGa wrote:People the awards are NOT about how much they got in box office!

We know, it's about old farts giving themselves awards and somehow they've convinced everyone those awards are the most important. The movies that win these awards were only made to win awards. Like RhA said, circle jerk. I quit caring about the Oscars a long time ago because of that, this is yet another nail in that coffin.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352395)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 27th, 2012 @ 8:27am CST
The categories DoTM was nominated for are what I like to refer to as the 'Window dressing awards'. They're categories worth having to recognise the production teams' achievements, but whether they're good or bad they'll never make or break a movie.

I know people wanted DoTM to win something but realistically it was never going to happen. You're always going to get different winners depending on how they're chosen i.e. fans, judges, or members of the industry. Some people may call that 'rigged', but its simply different groups with different standards. The Oscars are probably the most pretigious of the movie awards. To let a movie like DoTM or Rise of The Planet of The Apes beat something like Hugo or War Horse would be like saying an X-Factor tune is better than Mozart or Pink Floyd.

Bottom line: who gives a sh!t about awards ceremonies?
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352399)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 27th, 2012 @ 8:43am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:People the awards are NOT about how much they got in box office!

We know, it's about old farts giving themselves awards and somehow they've convinced everyone those awards are the most important. The movies that win these awards were only made to win awards. Like RhA said, circle jerk. I quit caring about the Oscars a long time ago because of that, this is yet another nail in that coffin.

If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting here.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352400)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 27th, 2012 @ 8:44am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:The movies that win these awards were only made to win awards.

And the Transformers movies were only made to make money, so what exactly qualifies as a good movie? That is a question that can only be answered by your own opinion and applies only to you.

Evil_the_Nub wrote:I quit caring about the Oscars a long time ago because of that, this is yet another nail in that coffin.

And if Transformers had won an Oscar you'd be saying that the Oscars had finally changed their ways and started to improve. Let's be honest, there's going to be quite a bit of bias floating around no matter which side of the fence you come down on. I could argue that if it wasn't for the Oscars then movies like The King's Speech, A Beautiful Mind or Gandhi would never win an award.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352403)
Posted by bdougwrx on February 27th, 2012 @ 8:56am CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:just because a movie has alot of effects doesnt mean it should win anything, especially when the cg isnt even that great. They CGI in DOTM wasnt bad but it wasnt great either. when you see cg in the movie you know its cg cause it looks like cg, great cg should look like its a real life prop on the set not like it was added in later. It would be one thing if they did something nwe bit they didnt, the effects looked the same as the first movie. Out of all the movies there either planet of the apes or harry potter should've won, not a fan of either movie but the effects were awesome. but as we all know its the oscars so the things that should win never do.



Agreed, some of the cg in DOTM was great, but other parts just looked bad. I haven't seem Hugo, Apes or HP, but I thought the cg in Real Steel was really good and better, as a whole, than DOTM.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352404)
Posted by Dorkimus on February 27th, 2012 @ 8:57am CST
Awwwwww...how sad. Well don't worry. Maybe TF3 can still win some Razzie-awards.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352420)
Posted by optimuscarlos on February 27th, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
To be honest I think Transformers movies are not oscars material.

Actually, the only thing I can rescue from the movies are the redesigns of the characters which I like the most.
I didn't even bought all the characters toys, I just pick the ones I thought were the best executed.

I only watched transformers on the theater once each, and I haven't been interested on watch them again, not even on cable.

Transformers Prime is a much better show. I have watched the entire first season twice, while I wait for the second.
You don't need to dinamite every single pixel on screen or to make a close up of some blonde ass to make something
that people will want to watch over and over.

I don't hate transformers movies, I liked them while I was on the theater.
But they have a flavor that don't last enough.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352429)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 27th, 2012 @ 10:08am CST
Starscream GaGa wrote:People the awards are NOT about how much they got in box office!

I agree and in the categories TF3 was nominated, it's still about how sound or effects assist to tell the story. With all the TF films, story took a back seat to great, in-your-face effects.

TF3 was probably the most technically advanced film of the year. I think we can all agree on that. But the better story always wins the day in Hollywood, especially when awards season roles around.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352431)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 27th, 2012 @ 10:09am CST
Eh, not surprised. Hugo was obviously going to be the "movie that no one heard of that won all the awards" since we first heard the nominations.

It's not like DotM's billions earned, upcoming sequel, theme park ride, and toys are in any way tarnished.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352446)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 27th, 2012 @ 10:34am CST
Seriously, did anyone really think that DOTM would win?

I'm more interested in the comedy awards anyway, at least those are mostly funny.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352454)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 27th, 2012 @ 10:51am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:HAH, all that work and it loses to a movie thats much more story driven.


And you'd be kidding yourself if you think if Transformers was more story driven than it was (like the movie or not, it did have a story) that it would have had a chance against movies like HUGO.
The Academy awards are not for movies like TF. Heck, IMO, Planet of the Apes proabably should have won, but we all know it never had a chance either.

Starscream GaGa wrote:And so the onslaught of fan boys begins...

"Oscars are bullshit WAH!"
"Oscars are fixed WAH!"
"Nobody cares about Oscars anyway WAH!"

Sorry guys, Hugo was extremely well received. DOTM was not. Everyone knew it had no chance of winning.


And if they did win all three, or even one award all the haters would be saying the exact same thing.
"The Oscars suck anyhow WAH!"
"The story still sucked WAH!"
Ah man. Now Micheal Bay's ego is going to be bigger than ever and we'll never get a propper TF movieWAH, WAH, WAH!!!"
..And so on and so. Its a double edge sword really.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352490)
Posted by TulioDude on February 27th, 2012 @ 12:16pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Transformers Dark of the Moon lost to Hugo for Sound Editing. :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:

And it lost again to Huge for Sound Mixing :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:


I wonder if was like that just because Michael Bay is the director.

5150 Cruiser wrote: And if they did win all three, or even one award all the haters would be saying the exact same thing.
"The Oscars suck anyhow WAH!"
"The story still sucked WAH!"
Ah man. Now Micheal Bay's ego is going to be bigger than ever and we'll never get a propper TF movieWAH, WAH, WAH!!!"
..And so on and so. Its a double edge sword really.

I agree.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352540)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 27th, 2012 @ 2:19pm CST
I never even heard of this damn movie. The worst movies always win at the Oscars. That's why I didn't give a damn about it in the first place.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352552)
Posted by prowl123 on February 27th, 2012 @ 2:45pm CST
How could DotM lose all three awards to Hugo? There weren't even any good effects in Hugo! There weren't any good sounds either. Hugo was all-around average. DotM should have won at least the special effects awards.
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352596)
Posted by Dorkimus on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:45pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:I never even heard of this damn movie.


Well, that is just your problem I guess.

BTW; many of you who have posted critical comments here were most likely exited to hear about TF3 getting nominated some months ago, but now suddenly oscars are just a joke, bullshit, rigged etc. Funny how it always goes. Then again, should TF3 had won something, would you still consider oscars being a joke, bs and so on. Obviously yes, for that's what you are saying here.

The worst movies always win at the Oscars


See. Isn't that just great that TF didn't win anything? Thank god for that... So why are you so upset :grin: ?
Re: Transformers Dark of the Moon Receives 3 Oscar Nominations (1352604)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:57pm CST
Dorkimus wrote: BTW; many of you who have posted critical comments here were most likely exited to hear about TF3 getting nominated some months ago, but now suddenly oscars are just a joke, bullshit, rigged etc. Funny how it always goes. Then again, should TF3 had won something, would you still consider oscars being a joke, bs and so on. Obviously yes, for that's what you are saying here.



Like i said, its a double edge sword. If the movie had won awards many of the "haters" would have made simular excuses that those that are upset that the movie didn't win. Now keep in mind i said many and not all. many here that have called "bullshit" vocalized before hand that they knew DOTM weren't going to win. Once i saw the nominees i knew DOTM along with others that were truely worthy of the visual awards (planet of the Apes), they weren't going to win. They rarely if ever do. These awards always focus on the "arts-y" type movies. NOt action pop corn flicks.

Click here to view an additional 26 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014