Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster?

Transformers News: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster?

Thursday, October 28th, 2010 1:49PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 95,431

TFormers has posted what some believe to be a teaser poster for Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the upcoming 3rd instalment of the Transformers movie series.
The poster shows Shockwaves head behind the moon, which bears the Decepticon symbol, the date 7.1.11, and the tag line "Be afraid of the Dark".

If you want to see it click here.

However, the photo is similar in style and timing to the "first teaser" poster for Revenge of the Fallen which turned out to be a fan-made fake from Poland. So keep that in mind, as this might be from the same artist or a copy-cat.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): Albershide, TFormers
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140662)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on October 28th, 2010 @ 2:22pm CDT
I hope it's fake. I'm not fond of Shockwave's head design as presented on that poster.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140679)
Posted by Tytus on October 28th, 2010 @ 3:06pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Albershide wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Albershide wrote:And here is a comparison with the head we've seen from Chicago. There are certain similarities but the design as a whole is different. And I believe the head from Chicago will be very close to the final Shockwave look. That's why I think it's fake. Still a good one. :)

[attachment=0]Shockwave.jpg[/attachment]

What do you mean!? Its the exact same thing, onlu turned to face us! ITS SHOCKVEV! =P~

There is a big difference in the eye, the ears and the mandible like things. Also the shape of the head.

It still looks the same to me. It just looks like they put in less detail in the poster, like the mandibles look bigger and like they take up more space.
Less detailed? Kind of like someone hand drew it? Why would they use a lesser quality image for a teaser and not the final CGI rendering?
It may be fake, but I think its real. I mean it has the Paramount signature thing at the bottom.
This means nothing. It can be faked. Signing my posts "Michael Bay" doesn't make me him.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140685)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 28th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CDT
Bad. Ass. Crappy movie title, but if this is the real deal, it's just too awesome to look at. :grin: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140712)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 28th, 2010 @ 5:20pm CDT
It's still on the net -> fake.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140713)
Posted by Mykltron on October 28th, 2010 @ 5:21pm CDT
I say it's fake. And gay.

I don't think the head is complex enough to be real.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140715)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 28th, 2010 @ 5:25pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:It's still on the net -> fake.

There was one official one with Optimus on it and its still on the internet.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140724)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 28th, 2010 @ 6:24pm CDT
Ill admit the tagline is pretty cool but Shockwave looks like crap.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140757)
Posted by rocknbot on October 28th, 2010 @ 8:18pm CDT
I understand why they titled the movie the dark of the moon because of it being of space race but it sounds so stupid
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140759)
Posted by rocknbot on October 28th, 2010 @ 8:20pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140771)
Posted by The Dude on October 28th, 2010 @ 8:59pm CDT
Ha, we'll be lucky if Shockwave's face is that intact.

This is definitely a fake. No one associated with Michael Bay would come up with any slogan that clever. :P

To all you Bay-defenders out there: That was a joke!
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140777)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 28th, 2010 @ 9:15pm CDT
I say fake the head's all wrong also not a bad tagline
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140836)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 29th, 2010 @ 4:37am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:It's still on the net -> fake.

There was one official one with Optimus on it and its still on the internet.

That one was taken on a public show. This looks like it was taken on at least a business meeting, which aren't very... public.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140904)
Posted by First-Aid on October 29th, 2010 @ 10:07am CDT
That looks VERY cool...love the tag line...love the eye reflecting on the surface of the moon.

One interesting note here: has anyone else noticed that this picture was taken in a hotel room? Business presentation, trade show, whatever...makes me wonder. I would expect a fake to be in someone's house or basement. But even if it is, it looks awesome. Can't wait for it!
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1140905)
Posted by First-Aid on October 29th, 2010 @ 10:08am CDT
Chaoslock wrote:It's still on the net -> fake.

your posting on the Net...does that mean you are fake too? :P :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1141017)
Posted by I_AM_MEGATRON on October 29th, 2010 @ 5:59pm CDT
Lame tagline, though I guess it fits with the lame title.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1141138)
Posted by Albershide on October 30th, 2010 @ 1:07am CDT
I_AM_MEGATRON wrote:Lame tagline, though I guess it fits with the lame title.

Haven't you heard it's fake!
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1141291)
Posted by Albershide on October 30th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
So case closed. :)
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1142990)
Posted by IronhidesBabydoll on November 5th, 2010 @ 9:05am CDT
I assure you this is NOT the actual movie poster, but it is similar.. decisions decisions.. I love that poster though, very clever. The ACTUAL teaser poster will likely be released sometime in late december to early January. Personally I suggested Valentines Day, I think it's romantic. :CON:
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1143125)
Posted by First-Aid on November 5th, 2010 @ 3:51pm CDT
Albershide wrote:And now Michael Bay himself confirmed that the poster is "Total fake poster. The story logline is also a misdirect."
So case closed. :)

Riiiiighhhttt...and Megatron is dead and won't return in Revenge of the Fallen.
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Poster? (1143246)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 5th, 2010 @ 10:05pm CDT
It would actually be a neat poster if it was tweaked a little. Obscure Shockwave's face a bit so only his ears and eye are somewhat prominent, and it looks much more ominous.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering