Transformers News: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview

Friday, August 9th, 2013 4:58AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 14,259

Courtesy of IDW, we have a couple of previews for next week's releases! First up, the trade paperback collecting all six Spotlight issues, under the title Dark Prelude - with a new cover by Nick Roche. Check out our reviews for each Spotlight, too: Orion Pax, Thundercracker, Megatron, Bumblebee, Trailcutter and Hoist.

Transformers: Dark Prelude
Nick Roche, John Barber, & James Roberts (w) • Steve Kurth, Chee, Nick Roche, David Daza, Matt Frank, & Agustin Padilla (a) • Nick Roche (c)
The Spotlight falls on Orion Pax, Thundercracker, Megatron, Bumblebee, Trailcutter, and Hoist in this collection of six individual stories that explain an important moment in each character's life. From the distant past to current events each story adds to Cybertronian lore.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-716-9

Bullet points:
  • Collecting all the hit TRANSFORMERS Spotlight issues!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510576)
Posted by Henry921 on August 9th, 2013 @ 5:46am CDT
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510580)
Posted by Jack Hallows on August 9th, 2013 @ 7:29am CDT
shiiiiiiiiiiiit. spotlight pax looks freakin amazing! i love the designs of wheeljack & alpha trion. completely badass. definitely adding all of these to my book collection.
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510595)
Posted by #Sideways# on August 9th, 2013 @ 8:33am CDT
It's official; Alpha Trion is Batman. I mean, just look at that alt mode!

Looks good. I'm happy to see the return of Nightbeat, too!
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510632)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
Henry921 wrote:I was thinking about picking this up, because I'm so obsessed with having a (mostly) complete IDW comic collection, but seeing as all six issues come packed in with figures I've bought/am going to buy anyway...
Well, you might wanna get this version anyway since the toy pack-in versions of the issues are censored.
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510678)
Posted by ChrisRiss on August 9th, 2013 @ 12:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I'm curious, how are they censored? I did not know they were different.
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510682)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2013 @ 12:20pm CDT
ChrisRiss wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I'm curious, how are they censored? I did not know they were different.
For Trailcutter's comic, all references to his being renamed from "Trailbreaker" to "Trailcutter" were removed, some dialogue bubbles were rearranged or taken out, any references to guns or killing were replaced with things like "blasters" or "destroyed", any references to alcohol consumption (even the made up stuff) were excised (minus one scene of obviously drunken Autobots), Trailcutter being an alcoholic was gone, etc.
Re: Transformers: Dark Prelude TPB Preview (1510939)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 10th, 2013 @ 4:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ChrisRiss wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I'm curious, how are they censored? I did not know they were different.

Deary me. At least somebody is thinking of the children. :BANG_HEAD:

I was probably going to get this trade anyway as while I will be getting the representative figures, it's looking increasingly like I'll be getting Takara's versions instead.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Sergeant KUP & PERCEPTOR Hasbro & igea Gun &r Head Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 44 minutes 46 seconds
BARRAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 100% COMPLETE INSECTICON DECEPTICON W./ BOX - Time Remaining: 16 days 2 hours 14 minutes 53 seconds
G1 TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS NIGHT BIRD FEMALE NINJA Shadow NEW FEMBOT - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 17 minutes 47 seconds
BUMBLEBEE • COMPLETE W/CARD BACK • C9 •TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 48 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers RID Car Robots D-012 Scourge (Car Robots) Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 6 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Generations Fortress Maximus SDCC 2016 Exclusive - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 52 minutes 48 seconds
2008 transformers bumblebee voice changing mask complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 23 minutes
MEGATRON Hasbro Transformers TITANIUM SERIES Die-Cast - Robot to Vehicle - Time Remaining: 8 days 10 hours 53 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory