Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee

Transformers News: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 10:51AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Store News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,485

It's time to clear a spot on your bed. UK retailer Forbidden Planet has a new listing for a talking plush Bumblebee based on Dark of the Moon. They also have a listing for an unseen Optimus Prime plush and a third mystery character. Each will feature a movie accurate sound effect. These are due out in late July.

Credit(s): Forbidden Planet
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199179)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 24th, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT
The mystery character looks to have a similar shape to Ironhide.
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199180)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 24th, 2011 @ 10:56am CDT

Though these would still be better for a child to actually cuddle, I guess.
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199186)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on March 24th, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Assuming they can't transform, unlike Slumblebee and Softimus Prime for the first Bay film, not that impressive.

Though these would still be better for a child to actually cuddle, I guess.

I think thats the point. The basicly suffed animals.

I think sometimes we forget that not every toy is going to be made with collectors and the fandom in mind. Kids are still the main audience, thuse many products are going to be aimed at them.

I think this is great. Though the head does look alittle freakish.
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199189)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 24th, 2011 @ 11:10am CDT
I cant see anyone wanting to cuddle that!

Imagine waking up and that being the first thing you see! You'd freak out.
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199200)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on March 24th, 2011 @ 11:36am CDT
Haha, you guys are funny. Kids loved stuffed stuff. Ask the gal who made plushbots. When she carries hers around, little boys ask their parents for them. She's got some funny stories of such.

As for the plush itself, I like it, but I don't generally do plushies. I think it's cute, maybe I'd buy it for a neighbour kid's birthday or something.

And hey, whoever was talking about waking up to that, try waking up to Brawl and Blackout masks on a nearby bookshelf, LOL. When I first moved them there it was funny. Now it's just a cool reminder.
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199202)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 24th, 2011 @ 11:45am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:I cant see anyone wanting to cuddle that!

Then close your eyes and turn around :x
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199204)
Posted by Jesterhead on March 24th, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:The mystery character looks to have a similar shape to Ironhide.

The mystery character is the same picture of BB, just blacked out. You can tell by the identical silhouettes and the yellow reflections on the inside of the packaging.
Re: Transformers DOTM Medium Plush Bumblebee (1199258)
Posted by mattyc1007 on March 24th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CDT
As Softimus Prime and his Soft Snooze Bay would say, no transformy... no wanty :-(
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys