Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview!

Transformers News: Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview!

Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 1:25PM CST

Categories: Movie News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 94,210

Collider.com has had the chance to sit down with Michael Bay, watch the teaser trailer for Transformers Dark of the Moon, watch 20 minutes of the movie, and hold a 3 hour interview with Michael Bay!
The interview exists as a written transcript and there is also a video summary.

Warning: The interview and video contain spoilers so if you don't want to be spoilt, read another of our fine articles!

So you don't mind spoilers? then you can click here!
Credit(s): Albershide, Hip-Hoptimus Rime, Steven Weintraub, Collider
Re: Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview! (1155193)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 8th, 2010 @ 2:16pm CST

Re: Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview! (1155205)
Posted by Tytus on December 8th, 2010 @ 2:34pm CST
Anyone else notice that T-Rex skeleton in one of the shots?

I think the bit about the Italian-accented Ferrari is neat, although when they said Ferrari had to approve the voice all I could think of is "IT'S-A-ME!"

This interview makes me pretty hopeful for the third film :)

[quote]So, James Cameron, the guy who made all these "masterpieces" complimented Bay on how good the movies are. :twisted:

Kiss my ass critics, and every one who threatened to kill me for liking the movies and every one who threatened Bay for making them! They think they're so cool calling people out and saying the movies where shit just because they can't understand a simple concept! HA!!! :KREMZEEK:[/quote]
Re: Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview! (1155209)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 8th, 2010 @ 2:39pm CST
Tytus wrote:

And Bay admitted to the problems brought up about the second film. So is he wrong, or is Cameron?[/quote]

In all honesty, the second movie had the same problems the first one did, minus the boring.
Re: Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview! (1155265)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 8th, 2010 @ 4:59pm CST
That's a really good interview. Makes me respect Bay a lot more as well. I like the piece where he is talking about the new transformers. He talks about the Ferrari, with an Italian accent, and then he says "those things are really cool. They're decepticons." I'm guessing we are missing a picture of "the Wreckers" that he is referring to. Also, I am now thoroughly convinced that The blue Mercedes is Wheeljack. An autobot who's really intelligent and invents things. Sounds a lot like him.
Re: Transformers DOTM: Michael Bay interview! (1155271)
Posted by ConBotFormer on December 8th, 2010 @ 5:07pm CST
I gotta say, I'm really starting to think TF3 is going to be a great movie. Really I am. ROTF almost ruined it for me but it really seems like Bay is making TF3 to kick some good ass.

And you know, my viewpoint about Bay is starting to turn.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers ROTF LEGENDS STEALTH BUMBLEBEE MOC 2009 RARE FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 22 minutes 59 seconds
NEW***TRANSFORMERS-Dark of The Moon MEGATRON w/Fusion Cannons!!! - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 13 minutes 56 seconds
HOT TOYS 12" TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME STARSCREAM VERSION 1:6 SCALE FIG LED G1 - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 10 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece iGear PPOSM Ratchet/First Aid MEDICAL Specialist - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 13 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE Bonecrusher DELUXE Unopened 2007 Decepticon - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 19 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers G1 SHRAPNEL 100% COMP. EXCELLENT 1985 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 10 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Vector Prime NIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 50 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers  Commemorative Reissue G1 TRACKS 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 5 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents