Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video

Transformers News: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video

Saturday, February 5th, 2011 2:04AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Reviews, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,182

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Another YouTube video featuring Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave is now available from TheKutaKowboy. While this video probably wouldn't qualify as a review since it doesn't actually show the transformation it does give us a reasonably comprehensive look at the figure in both modes. The figure is also seen with several other movie franchise Voyagers giving us a better feel for it's actual size. To view the video click here or watch it below.

Credit(s): TheKutaKowboy
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177888)
Posted by Crosshairs on February 5th, 2011 @ 2:16am CST
Love it. I'm sold.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177889)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 5th, 2011 @ 2:26am CST
Sucky.

Begging hands
No iconic looking chest
akward hose in vehicle mode
'WTF is it' vehicle mode
Too many arbitrary angles, its like the post modern art of TFs. (the front treads aren't even flat on the ground with those ridiculous.... antlers... with wheels)

Lets see what they did to let us know its even shockwave.

Purple
One eye and 2 horns
Hose
Big gun (but then so many dotm have em)
... I think thats it.
As much as I dislike shockblast... its still more Shockwave than this will ever be.
What might have made me want it? Non begging hands, and a better looking vehicle mode.
:CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177892)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on February 5th, 2011 @ 3:35am CST
I think he looks cool. The robot mode and vehicle mode are good.
My only complaint it that the purple they've used is too weak and pink - it needs to be a strong, dark shade of purple for Shockwave, like this: :CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177893)
Posted by Mykltron on February 5th, 2011 @ 4:00am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:Sucky.

Begging hands
No iconic looking chest
akward hose in vehicle mode
'WTF is it' vehicle mode
Too many arbitrary angles, its like the post modern art of TFs. (the front treads aren't even flat on the ground with those ridiculous.... antlers... with wheels)

Lets see what they did to let us know its even shockwave.

Purple
One eye and 2 horns
Hose
Big gun (but then so many dotm have em)
... I think thats it.
As much as I dislike shockblast... its still more Shockwave than this will ever be.
What might have made me want it? Non begging hands, and a better looking vehicle mode.
:CON:


I'm with you on the monkey arms but as for the appearance of the robot mode: movie designs don't bare much resemblance to G1. Just look at Megatron! No bucket head!
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177894)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 5th, 2011 @ 4:16am CST
Mykltron wrote:I'm with you on the monkey arms but as for the appearance of the robot mode: movie designs don't bare much resemblance to G1. Just look at Megatron! No bucket head!


Yea, Soundwave is even worse in that regard. I guess I was just hoping to having somthing that looked like a good Shockwave, and since G1 Shockwave was simple enough, the few things that made him stand out should have been kept. Prime has his windshield chest, Jazz's chest features circular fog lights, Starscreams cockpit chest, and megatron does have the same contours/silhouette (if not broken up with jaggedness) for his head... whatever, I'll just wait.
:CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177898)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 5th, 2011 @ 5:09am CST
It's excellent. Love the design work on this one in both modes (yeah I actually like strange and interesting altmodes like this). The hose looks a bit odd but doesn't take anything away frmo the figure for me. Definitely very tempted to buy this if I happen to buy toys at all this year (paying out for driving lessons and saving for a real non-transformable car are draining my funds for the forseeable future), unless there's a better Leader class version coming out. Can't wait to see the CGI model in action.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177905)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 5th, 2011 @ 5:53am CST
i love it! :D but to the people complaining its a completely different universe so TFs dont have to look alike from G1 or any other series. perfect example is ironhide from energon, if you saw ironhide in energon with knowing that was his name oir anything about the show would you guess it were an ironhide?? the uniccron trilogy took a step away from the G1 homages and another example is armada smokescreen. he looks completly different from his G1 self. different universe characters will not always represent their G1 selves. i dont want to start a fight cus its too much trouble and i cant deal with it right now. ;)
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177906)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 5th, 2011 @ 6:01am CST
Doubledealer25 wrote:i love it! :D but to the people complaining its a completely different universe so TFs dont have to look alike from G1 or any other series. perfect example is ironhide from energon, if you saw ironhide in energon with knowing that was his name oir anything about the show would you guess it were an ironhide?? the uniccron trilogy took a step away from the G1 homages and another example is armada smokescreen. he looks completly different from his G1 self. different universe characters will not always represent their G1 selves. i dont want to start a fight cus its too much trouble and i cant deal with it right now. ;)


No fighting will ever occur with me unless you were to start it, so no worries man.

I never was into Energon or Armada for the shows. I think it was because they looked too different and seemed to be too ..childish? I haven't given them TOO much of a chance, but from what I had seen, it seemed too anime to me... too flamboyant or whatever, haha (before anyone goes ape $#*!, I like some anime, like akira, and wolf brigade). I'm all down for a different universe of character, but I just wished some key visual elements were present. For example, the (only) Optimus I own right now is WFC Prime.
:CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177908)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 5th, 2011 @ 6:21am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Mykltron wrote:I'm with you on the monkey arms but as for the appearance of the robot mode: movie designs don't bare much resemblance to G1. Just look at Megatron! No bucket head!

megatron does have the same contours/silhouette (if not broken up with jaggedness) for his head... whatever, I'll just wait.
:CON:

You can't be serious...
Movie Shockwave resembles G1 Shockwave MUCH more closely than Movie Megatron resembles G1 Megatron. Don't kid yourself.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177910)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 5th, 2011 @ 6:25am CST
nice exposed rib cage lol. wtf is that?
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177914)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 5th, 2011 @ 6:56am CST
Starscream GaGa wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Mykltron wrote:I'm with you on the monkey arms but as for the appearance of the robot mode: movie designs don't bare much resemblance to G1. Just look at Megatron! No bucket head!

megatron does have the same contours/silhouette (if not broken up with jaggedness) for his head... whatever, I'll just wait.
:CON:

You can't be serious...
Movie Shockwave resembles G1 Shockwave MUCH more closely than Movie Megatron resembles G1 Megatron. Don't kid yourself.


I did not make that claim. I only said that his Head has the same sort of shapings (since that was what was directly being referenced about movie Megatron not having a bucket head, which I feel he does.. like a bucket in the process of being shot by a shotgun). Other than that, Movie Megatron looks nothing like G1 megatron. Dotm Shockwave does look more like G1 shockwave than Megatron. But Movie optimus looks more G1 than movie Shockwave... and so on. I don't want to reiterate myself at the risk of annoying you movie fans, so I will agree to end my bashing of movie Shockwave.
:CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177920)
Posted by Takanuva on February 5th, 2011 @ 7:58am CST
For all the people complaining about him having two hands:
It looks like you cann fold his hand inwards creating a sorta G1 accurate gun arm.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177921)
Posted by Baha08 on February 5th, 2011 @ 8:13am CST
Takanuva wrote:For all the people complaining about him having two hands:
It looks like you cann fold his hand inwards creating a sorta G1 accurate gun arm.


I'm wondering if you can swap the cannon, not a huge fans of opposite cannon armed figures.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177922)
Posted by xtsaur on February 5th, 2011 @ 8:13am CST
LOVE IT!!! Lets start advocating for a 4th movie!!! :CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177924)
Posted by Skowl on February 5th, 2011 @ 8:22am CST
I can't wait to see the movie render for Shockwave.

I think I'm going to marry him.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177929)
Posted by Rated X on February 5th, 2011 @ 9:17am CST
Nice video. But I would have rather seen a review then a bunch of poses with music. Why didnt he just review the figure and give his opinion about good and bad points ??? And show us how it transforms ???
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177947)
Posted by Shadowdodger on February 5th, 2011 @ 9:46am CST
I kinda like it. Not a fan of his alt mode, but he will be displayed in robot mode, so really it's not that big a deal for me. He was definitely recognizeable as Shockwave: Single eye, arm cannon w/ hose, purple.

So far one of the few DotM figures I want to pick up.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177967)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 5th, 2011 @ 10:50am CST
I always wanted to pick up Shockwave, and I think this DOTM Shockwave, just gave me my dream. I will defenetly be picking this one up
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177973)
Posted by Kibble on February 5th, 2011 @ 11:39am CST
A couple earlier pics made the alt mode look half decent, but this conformed that Cybertronian alt modes still blow. And while I did get a little something out of this video in that it showed the alt mode to be crap rather than just half-assed, I agree that it's mostly pointless to have a video gallery of the figure and an actual review woulda been a helluva lot more useful.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177983)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 5th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CST
This figure will be mine. Also: I don't see what the people bashing on it are complaining about. I mean, after seeing all the other designs for all the other transformers, how could you be surprised by this? To be honest, what was a surprise to me was that he even resembles his G1 self. They could have done what they did with all the others and made them look nothing like their G1 forms (with the exception of Optimus, Soundwave, and Ravage that is).

People are always complaining about how the characters are not G1 enough, and then when they give them the G1 form while still conforming to the Bayverse aesthetic, we still get complaints. Eh, I guess I'm not one to judge. The only things I've liked about Transformers so far is G1, Beast Wars, Prime, and the movies. Then I say "How can this be considered good?" To the other cartoon series.

Right then, I see what they complain about now.

:KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1177996)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 5th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
I like it. I'm buying it.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1178037)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 5th, 2011 @ 4:32pm CST
Still looks good to me. I'm ready to see a leader and the cgi images.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1178058)
Posted by DJLazer on February 5th, 2011 @ 5:19pm CST
We have a champion! :APPLAUSE: :CON:
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1178101)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 5th, 2011 @ 8:42pm CST
So I'm assuming there won't be a Generations Shockwave because of this... thing?
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1178121)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 5th, 2011 @ 9:49pm CST
For a movie figure, this looks a helluva lot like G1 Shockwave. Although the head kind of looks like a blend of G1 and Animated.
I definitely have to get this figure. He just looks too good to pass up. I can't wait to see him in the movie.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1178125)
Posted by AshesOfPain on February 5th, 2011 @ 10:04pm CST
This little teaser vid has mosdef sold me on the movie, and perhaps acquiring the figure, when and if it gets released in my area. It may be the only DOtM fig I do pick up.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1178127)
Posted by Agamemnon on February 5th, 2011 @ 10:07pm CST
Where was a cannon like this for Megatron? They really flubbed up the two designs. If only this shockwave was reversed with RotF Megatron, with colors reversed, and heads reversed. Then also make the cannon on the left hand instead of the right. Hrm. Kitbash?

I really do like the figure. I think that's an awsome looking cannon for the movie line.
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1185540)
Posted by infinitimagnus on February 22nd, 2011 @ 9:35am CST
love it. when does shockwave hit stores?
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1185541)
Posted by infinitimagnus on February 22nd, 2011 @ 9:36am CST
love it. when does shockwave hit stores?
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1186040)
Posted by Hal7300 on February 23rd, 2011 @ 10:13am CST
Agamemnon wrote:Where was a cannon like this for Megatron? They really flubbed up the two designs. If only this shockwave was reversed with RotF Megatron, with colors reversed, and heads reversed. Then also make the cannon on the left hand instead of the right. Hrm. Kitbash?


Time will tell, but it may be possible to make a left gun arm from 2 Shockwaves?
Re: Transformers: DOTM Voyager Shockwave Video (1186049)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on February 23rd, 2011 @ 10:35am CST
I like it alot and will him buy asap.

As for that rant that went on how many times G1 is only a guidline it's not the first time characters have had ther look changed and it won't be the last.