Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 6:23PM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,329

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron has edged out Diablo 3, Journey, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and Sound Shapes for Best Sound Design in XPlay's Best of 2012 Awards! Congrats to the team at High Moon Studios!

High Moon is very proud that we took home the gold for Best Sound Design with Transformers: Fall of Cybertron in the 2012 XPlay Best of 2012 Awards. Let's all give a Grimlock ROAR for that!

Credit(s): Transformers Game facebook page
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards (1444679)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 6th, 2012 @ 6:49pm CST
Just award it best game ever already.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards (1444747)
Posted by MarkNL on December 7th, 2012 @ 12:52am CST
BAM! There ya go! Bye bye, Black Snobs 2!!
Gosh, why does everyone always concentrate on Call of Dull... TF: FOC is just far better.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Just award it best game ever already.

I totally agree.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards (1444754)
Posted by frogbat on December 7th, 2012 @ 1:38am CST
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards (1444755)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 7th, 2012 @ 1:47am CST
frogbat wrote:Foc is a good game and one I was looking forward to playing. It had lots of promise, however I've experienced too many crashes and glitches for me to say I like it. The campaign mode is stuck on the megs level. This isn't an isolated problem and the fix suggested by the activision site didn't work. I'm a little cheesed off at spending 50+ € for what is in essence a defective product.

Bummer, dude. Well, as far as I know, the customer support from high moon is terrible. Forgetting all the glitches and all the issues (and the loser cheaters who can only win by cheating), I think FOC ranks pretty high up there. Single player is not bad, mind you, but the MP is where its at.

Outa curiosity, what system do you play it on?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards (1444759)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 7th, 2012 @ 2:53am CST
It had good sound design but not the best of the year, Mass Effect 3 & Max Payne 3 had way better sound design. I also think Max Payne 3 should've won game of the year. Borderlands 2 is a great game and it is my favorite to come out this year but over all Max Payne is the best game to come out this year, its damn near perfect. Im just glad halo 4 & CoD didnt win, those games are so bland its ridiculous. CoD is the madden of shooters & Halo is just a mindless run & gun.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron: Best in Sound Design in XPlay Best of 2012 Awards (1444800)
Posted by frogbat on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:48am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:

Outa curiosity, what system do you play it on?

I'm not much of an online gamer and was waiting to finish the campaign to try my hand at the mp section

It's a ps3

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Decepticon SHOCKWAVE MIB UNUSED MINT REISSUE New TRANSFORMED - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 55 minutes 22 seconds
1984 Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Action Figure Generation 1 (Broken Leg) - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 37 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UW07 BRUTICUS UNITE WARRIORS ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 25 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers G1 Apeface D-99 vintage TAKARA Japanese Headmasters robot toy RARE - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 58 minutes 1 second
SDCC Comic Con 2015 Hasbro Transformers Combiner Hunters Loose Chromia Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 15 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Titanium Metal Diecast Megatron Tank RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 45 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Takara Generations United UN-19 WHEELJACK - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 15 minutes 18 seconds
SDCC Comic Con 2015 Hasbro Transformers Combiner Hunters Loose Arcee Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 30 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks