Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release

Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 11:18AM CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,533

Our friends at Activision dropped by with an official announcement for the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" DLC. Download yours on September 11th!

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more!

Now that fans have experienced the epic single-player campaigns and multiplayer modes of TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON, we wanted to let you know that the team at High Moon Studios listened to fans and have been hard at work on exciting downloadable content to support the growing Fall of Cybertron community.

We are thrilled to announce that the legendary DINOBOTS will be playable in online multiplayer modes with the "Dinobot Destructor Pack," set to launch next week for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

The DLC pack will include the following characters, which includes their full body + individual body parts for use in the multiplayer character creator.

• GRIMLOCK (T-rex)
  • SLUG (Triceratops)
  • SNARL (Stegosaurus)
  • SWOOP (Pteranodon)

The TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON "Dinobot Destructor Pack" will launch on September 11th. For more information, fans can visit http://www.facebook.com/TransformersGame or http://www.TransformersGame.com.

Credit(s): Activision
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417155)
Posted by Bubbah on September 5th, 2012 @ 11:28am CDT
Ironhide/Starscream wrote:I noticed something......look above swoops name in the character sets...it says kickback...INSECTICON PACK TOO?! :CON:

Yeah the Insecticons are coming up in the DLC after this one, if I remember right, which I think is in like 2 or 3 weeks.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417160)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 5th, 2012 @ 11:48am CDT

Bubbah wrote:But how many kids are going to know THAT much about history?

Any kid that has any kind of knowledge dinosaurs should know that really basic dinosaur fact. I mean, hell, the show Dinosaur Train has dinosaurs travel through time to meet other dinosaurs!
Then again, popular culture tends to lump anything extinct as "dinosaurs" (pterosaurs, Dimetrodon, mammoths, cave men, etc.), and to FoC's credit it does rather nicely put together a lot of weird TF story elements in a reasonable, better-than-most fashion.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417171)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 5th, 2012 @ 12:20pm CDT
Ugh. Still no price given? Is it safe to assume it will only be $10 per the previous DLC? I'm glad the body parts will be available in the character creation section.

Now we just need Arcee, Slipstream, and all the other WfC characters that didn't make it to the sequel to be made available. Just throw 'em in the full character set section and be done with it. At least then we could use them if we wanted. The models are already made, guys. Come on.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417173)
Posted by Bubbah on September 5th, 2012 @ 12:36pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Are these guys going remain predominately silver no matter what color scheme you pick?

Bubbah wrote:But how many kids are going to know THAT much about history?

Haha yeah pop culture loves to generalize! And honestly, I didn't even know there was such a huge time difference between some of the different dinosaur species until I was in high school. So growing up, I just knew that dinosaurs were dinosaurs and that they all lived together at the same time ... Look at the Land Before Time movies. And to be honest, it's sad talking to kids these days about things they "should know", everything for them pop culture and technology. A lot of things dealing with history, they're clueless about. But that's the type of rant that could go on for months haha.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417246)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:36pm CDT
Bubbah wrote:

25 September. Kickback's chassis is the Scientist, Bombshell (calling them by their G1 names as it should be, don't correct me) is most likely a Titan class chassis (considering Hound's chassis, which will be released alongside the Insecticons, is labeled as a Destroyer. My proof is in the multiplayer trailer) and Shrapnel might end up as an Infiltrator or a Scientist (he does have wings on his insectoid mode).
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417269)
Posted by Bubbah on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Bubbah wrote:

Lol ... No worries, call 'em whatever you like, I've gotten used to using both names by now. I thought I saw somewhere that 2 of the Insecticons were going to be Scientist class. But I wonder if there's any basis as to who will be what class by looking at the unlockable heads. Each class has a bug themed head, just like they have a Dinobot head.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417368)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 5th, 2012 @ 10:30pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
Bubbah wrote:Haha this is exactly HOW it's been described that the Dinobots exist!

The Dinobots' [strike]dinosaurs[/strike] archosaurs weren't around all at the same time, though. Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus went extinct something like 70 million years before Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, and Pteranodon showed up; that's roughly the same time difference between T. rex and us! Shockwave would have to be watching Earth for a looooooooooong time.

Thanks Noideaforaname, that was what I was meaning about dinosaurs. The way I under stand the WfC/FoC is that space bridge technology is old but for a time it's usage fell out of common use and so Cybertron was cut off from the rest of the robot inhabited worlds. They only got the ability to use the space bridges in WfC. Unless FoC takes place millions of earth years after WfC, there is no way that Shockwave could have emulated those five dinosaurs.

To date, only two continuities have plausable origins for the dinobots. The G1 show and Animated. In G1, they were created after they arrived on earth after they found fossils of dinosaurs. Their intelligence was explained by them not being fully Cybertronian and Wheeljack couldn't make them as intelligent as Cybertronians. Why they didn't take the Dinobots to Vector Sigma after it was discovered like they did the Arialbots isn't explained. In Animated, they are animatronic dinosaurs that get life from the shards of the Allspark. They are able to gain robot modes too but they didn't have large brain capacity.

However, I look past the innacuarcies and don't let them distract me from the show/comic/game. I saves the headache, trust me.

One last note, I love your name Noideaforaname :)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417385)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 5th, 2012 @ 11:52pm CDT
There's not much in the way of dlc that I actually look forward to getting a hold of. I can tell you that this is one of those few.

I'm still pissed Sludge isn't going to be included. They've gone to so much trouble making this special Dinobot pack, why not bump the player count up to five? All I can to Sludge's absence being explained in the single player game is [spoiler]you can still play as Zeta Prime in FoC for crying out loud.[/spoiler]
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417633)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:

One last note, I love your name Noideaforaname :)

What I am thinking, is the Space Bridge makes a hole in Space and Time, since they are linked. So it is possible that in Shockwave's experiments, he looked at Earth at different times. And according to some of the files you hear on the Grimlock level, he brought some of the Dinos back, probably initially to test the stability of the bridge, but then for new form ideas.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1417644)
Posted by Shadowblade_DW on September 6th, 2012 @ 9:37pm CDT
Homerjay14522 wrote:

Plus the ancients had already done extensive research of earth, stored in the ruins Cliffjumper explored could have filled in some gaps.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418812)
Posted by El Duque on September 10th, 2012 @ 9:05pm CDT
Excited for tomorrow's big DLC release for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, the "Dinobot Destruction Pack"? Seibertron.com has posted a preview clip of Grimlock, Swoop, Slug, and Snarl in action on our YouTube channel at http://youtube.seibertron.com. The "Dinobot Destruction Pack" will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC tomorrow. Check out the embedded video below.

Activision wrote:The team at High Moon Studios listened to fans and have been hard at work on exciting downloadable content to support the growing TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON multiplayer community.

To celebrate, here is a brand new trailer with an in-game look at the new characters in action:

Here is a breakdown of the three DLC packs, all of which are available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

AVAILABLE NOW - Dinobot Destructor Pack - includes the following multiplayer characters, which includes their full body + individual body parts for use in the multiplayer character creator.
GRIMLOCK (T-rex)
SLUG (Triceratops)
SNARL (Stegosaurus)
SWOOP (Pteranodon)

AVAILABLE NOW - Multiplayer Havoc Pack - includes the following multiplayer characters, which includes their full body + individual body parts for use in the multiplayer character creator.
ULTRA MAGNUS
WHEELJACK
BLAST OFF
ZETA PRIME
PERCEPTOR

AVAILABLE SEPT. 25 - Massive Fury Pack - includes the following multiplayer characters, which includes their full body + individual body parts for use in the multiplayer character creator. Also includes the following single-player campaign items.
KICKBACK (Flying Insecticon)
SHARPSHOT (Flying Insecticon)
HARDSHELL (Beetle Tank Insecticon)
G1 RETRO OPTIMUS PRIME
AUTOBOT HOUND
Single-Player campaign items:
G2 BRUTICUS (character skin)
G1 SHOCKWAVE BLAST CANNON (weapon)
G1 MEGATRON PISTOL GUN (weapon)

The price for each pack is 800 Microsoft points or $9.99 for PlayStation and PC gamers. For more information, fans can visit www.facebook.com/TransformersGame or www.TransformersGame.com.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418842)
Posted by Bubbah on September 10th, 2012 @ 10:55pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418844)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 10th, 2012 @ 11:01pm CDT
Bubbah wrote:Hmm, looks like they balanced the speed of the Dino modes nicely. I can't wait to play this tomorrow! Beast War Megatron here I come haha

Yyyeesssssss!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418848)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 10th, 2012 @ 11:16pm CDT
"G4TV has posted a preview clip of Grimlock, Swoop, Slug, and Snarl in action."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks awesome! I need to get this quick!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418863)
Posted by DarkStar on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:22am CDT
Tiny Dinobots, cute :)

I like Grimlord mold. From the front, he's smaller than a tank = harder to hit and don't get in the way of friendly shots.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418864)
Posted by mob_fisto on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:24am CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418867)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:34am CDT
mob_fisto wrote:I can't wait!!! Wonder if it will hit at midnight??? I can't wait a couple of hours!!!

If it does, it'll be up around 3am on the East Coast.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418888)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 11th, 2012 @ 6:19am CDT
Love their chassis! Bring on the Insecticons!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418892)
Posted by Rhinox23 on September 11th, 2012 @ 6:44am CDT
Just downloaded mine! YEEESSSSSSS! :CON:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron "Dinobot Destruction Pack" Press Release (1418898)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on September 11th, 2012 @ 8:34am CDT
Anyone see it on PSN yet? I just checked again (8:30 my time) and there's nothing up.

The heck?