Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)!

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 4:36PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 19,688

Both IGN and Gameinformer have posted articles concerning Transformers Fall of Cybertron's Escalation mode.

IGN's article reveals a few titbits about this multiplayer mode:
  • Defend your team of four Autobots/ Decepticons against 15 ways of enemies
  • You need to collect lots and lots of Energon so that you can buy bigger and better weapons to earn more Energon
  • "Loot tube" a case containing weapons
  • Upgrade station to improve weaponry
  • Upgrades effect your entire team
  • Traps, lethal to the enemy and yourself
  • Ability to call in gunships

You can read the full article by clicking here

They also posted a video that contains a bit of an interview/ promotion for the game itself with its producer Matt Tieger.
The Transformers segment is at about the 19 minute mark:

The Gameinformer coverage for the Escalation mode comes in form of a video!
Yes it shows off lots of gameplay!
You can watch it by clicking here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): El Duque, ign, gameinformer
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387218)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 5th, 2012 @ 5:44pm CDT
Good interview with the guy. I thought the interview was going to cover the multiplayer, but then it didn't and I was disappointed. Didn't really cover things I didn't already know other than showing the game footage, which was awesome! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387247)
Posted by RAcast on June 5th, 2012 @ 7:28pm CDT
I'm sorry...but was Vortex triple-changing into a jet mode?? :grin:
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387261)
Posted by Wigglez on June 5th, 2012 @ 8:02pm CDT
RAcast wrote:I'm sorry...but was Vortex triple-changing into a jet mode?? :grin:

You can always not turn into the jet from helicopter form and not get around quick. Escalation mode looks so good. Especially compared to WFC EM
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387263)
Posted by Screamfleet on June 5th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CDT
does it cap at 15 waves? That's...hmm..idk that might be good I guess. It can go on a bit long at times.
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387279)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 5th, 2012 @ 9:41pm CDT
They put a cap on waves? Bleh. Seeing how long you could last was half the fun.
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387282)
Posted by Matrix42 on June 5th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CDT
I only saw the Game Informer video. Still, I'm so excited that Escalation is back! I can't wait for them to show multiplayer! It's great that there's a cap on the waves as well as adjustable difficulty. High Moon is really making this better than WFC. Definitely pre-ordering! :D
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387341)
Posted by noctorro on June 6th, 2012 @ 6:26am CDT
Cap on the waves should be optional.

I know there are a lot of noobs who quit as soon as "they" are down. But still, it's fun @ wave 20, then you really need to think what you're doing. I've almost reached wave 50 once, that was insane, more then 3 hours with a great team.

I love Escalation, it's like a mini episode/mission of WFC and it playes out different every time. The increasing difficulty makes replayability for more greater then the single player.

I hope they make a lot of maps and new features. I'd love to be stuck in car mode transporting energon cubes or something :)
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387372)
Posted by MarkNL on June 6th, 2012 @ 9:46am CDT
GREAT! I already hoped that FoC would have an escalation mode. Good work, High Moon!!
Re: Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Escalation mode revealed (details + interview + footage)! (1387377)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2012 @ 10:34am CDT
rather lose escalation and have true co-op, better yet lose competitive MP and give us co-op
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction