Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 10:54AM CDT

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,842

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Machinima has posted an exclusive new Tansformers: Fall of Cybertron trailer featuring the Dinobots! We see footage of all five Dinobots with commentary provided by High Moon Studio's Matt Tieger regarding their origin. The video is embedded below.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is scheduled for release August 28th, 2012.

Credit(s): Burningsirius, BeastProwl, Machinima, Activision
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382749)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 23rd, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
:lol: I posted this exactly 1 minute before you!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382752)
Posted by frogbat on May 23rd, 2012 @ 11:04am CDT
Well done to high moon for the backstory.. I think it's my fave origins story thus far

Also.. Just saw the one of the posters in the background with what looks like preceptor... Mmm
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382754)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 23rd, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
We also get a brief look at the third insecticon in passing! =P~
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382755)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 23rd, 2012 @ 11:15am CDT
the reasoning for why they look like dinosaurs in this game is so stupid. what a dumb story idea
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382774)
Posted by Wigglez on May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:the reasoning for why they look like dinosaurs in this game is so stupid. what a dumb story idea

Then don't play it. Enough said. "Nobody controls Grimlock" he says. Awesome.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382779)
Posted by New Omen on May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:13pm CDT
Looks amazing. The spacebridge effects are most impressive. I really like this origin story for the Dinobots. It's clever, believable and makes sure the transformers stay off Earth until the proper time.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382781)
Posted by #Sideways# on May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
Did anyone else notice Perceptor in the background of the interview?

Space Bridge looks better than ever. I just can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Grimlock and the Dinobots look amazing. Almost as amazing as their backstories!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382804)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
Looks kill, stoked. Like that kickback is in the background concept art.
In regards to what Griftimus said, Ya it isn't the best idea, but its far from the worst. I'd say the idea that Grimlock and his crew had to follow Shockwave to Earth and fight him there, like in Shockwave spotlight, is more.. spot on... #-o
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382805)
Posted by It Is Him on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:11pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Did anyone else notice Perceptor in the background of the interview?

Space Bridge looks better than ever. I just can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Grimlock and the Dinobots look amazing. Almost as amazing as their backstories!


I took a screenshot of Perceptor a while ago, but it was never news'd. I guess it was old news?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382809)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:25pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:Did anyone else notice Perceptor in the background of the interview?

Space Bridge looks better than ever. I just can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Grimlock and the Dinobots look amazing. Almost as amazing as their backstories!


I took a screenshot of Perceptor a while ago, but it was never news'd. I guess it was old news?


It never made the news rounds, but it's a well known image. They've used that same background for several interviews.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382822)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
This is everything you need to know about the Aligned Dinobots at the time of the video games and novels in a nutshell. 8)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382829)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
Wigglez wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:the reasoning for why they look like dinosaurs in this game is so stupid. what a dumb story idea

Then don't play it. Enough said. "Nobody controls Grimlock" he says. Awesome.


It's Griftimus. He hates everything.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382841)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:27pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:the reasoning for why they look like dinosaurs in this game is so stupid. what a dumb story idea


I swear you never have anything positive to say about anything. Must be pretty sad way to live.

On topic I think the back story isn't bad. I mean there isn't really to many ideas for autobots that change into preistoric dinosaurs on a distant planet that isn't going to sound some what far fetched. For what they had to work with i think they did well.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382847)
Posted by craggy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:40pm CDT
I love that they feel the need to explain the Dinobots being dinosaurs, whilst completely ignoring that the final boss of the last game was one as well.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382857)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 23rd, 2012 @ 3:16pm CDT
craggy wrote:I love that they feel the need to explain the Dinobots being dinosaurs, whilst completely ignoring that the final boss of the last game was one as well.


Trypticon barely looks like a dinosaur. Just looks like some giant reptile. As its been explained, chances are cold-blooded life forms had been discovered for Trypticon to be based off. The dinobots on the other hand are very clearly "Dinosaurs".
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382864)
Posted by Snowy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
Mother of god. I thought I was excited before but.........

*deep breaths Snowy, deep breaths. Resist the urge to keyboard smash everything. That's what Facebook is for*

..............

agjjgfdasjgdgjjgdjkg!!!!

....Okay. Just one. Got it out of my system. But seriously, I am in LOVE with High Moon Studios. The reason I hated the movies was because it was obvious that they weren't Transformers movies. They were movies with Transformers in them, but the lack of passion for the franchise was almost painfully obvious in their neglect of any sort of characterization. From these interviews-- from what we've already seen-- it cannot be more obvious that they guys at High Moon are just as stoked about Transformers as we are. They care. They're fans who love the Dinobots and know that we all love the Dinobots, so they boldly marched up to Hasbro and pushed the idea because it was important to them. There's an understanding and humility that has definitely contributed to War for Cybertron's success in that they're passionate about making a great game and making a great Transformers game. Take note Hasbro. These are the types of people that should be put in charge of Transformers media. Aka: people who care as much about Transformers as the people they're selling to.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382878)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 23rd, 2012 @ 4:37pm CDT
I like how the space bridge works exactly like it did in DOTM.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382892)
Posted by craggy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:10pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
craggy wrote:I love that they feel the need to explain the Dinobots being dinosaurs, whilst completely ignoring that the final boss of the last game was one as well.


Trypticon barely looks like a dinosaur. Just looks like some giant reptile. As its been explained, chances are cold-blooded life forms had been discovered for Trypticon to be based off. The dinobots on the other hand are very clearly "Dinosaurs".

bah! I didn't need any explanation. It's like asking why the Autobots and some Decepticons transform into vehicles with human-sized cockpits, even though humans were still nothing but a gleam in some apes' eyes at the time. I tend to just go with it.

Regardless of the redundancy of the origin story, it does sound like we might get some cool Shockwave Vs Dinobot smackdown action, so I'm all for that.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382900)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:23pm CDT
I really like how the Dinobots speak. Sure, their cavemen-like speech was classic, but this... this was awesome. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382901)
Posted by LiKwid on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:23pm CDT
man....Swoop is so bad ass looking..If habro wanted to up their profit margins, making all of those into figures would be a great idea..Kids and collectors alike would squee in sheer joy..I know I would...
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382902)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
craggy wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
craggy wrote:I love that they feel the need to explain the Dinobots being dinosaurs, whilst completely ignoring that the final boss of the last game was one as well.


Trypticon barely looks like a dinosaur. Just looks like some giant reptile. As its been explained, chances are cold-blooded life forms had been discovered for Trypticon to be based off. The dinobots on the other hand are very clearly "Dinosaurs".

bah! I didn't need any explanation. It's like asking why the Autobots and some Decepticons transform into vehicles with human-sized cockpits, even though humans were still nothing but a gleam in some apes' eyes at the time. I tend to just go with it.


Cockpits for aliens. Humans weren't the only life form in the TF universe besides cybertronians. Not to mention there are smaller and larger sized cybertronians, so some could actually pilot others. As for the game, there doesn't always seem to be cockpits, but just areas where the central sensing units could be located in alt. mode. Ya, we don't need explanations to enjoy it all. Its just nice when there are some.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382913)
Posted by Wigglez on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:56pm CDT
Honestly, I'm just waiting for a MP customization video. But this got me so excited for the story mode. I want to know however, do we get to play any of the other Dinobots other than just Grimlock? I wouldn't mind if not, but I am curious
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382943)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on May 23rd, 2012 @ 6:44pm CDT
Snowy wrote:Mother of god. I thought I was excited before but.........

*deep breaths Snowy, deep breaths. Resist the urge to keyboard smash everything. That's what Facebook is for*

..............

agjjgfdasjgdgjjgdjkg!!!!

....Okay. Just one. Got it out of my system. But seriously, I am in LOVE with High Moon Studios. The reason I hated the movies was because it was obvious that they weren't Transformers movies. They were movies with Transformers in them, but the lack of passion for the franchise was almost painfully obvious in their neglect of any sort of characterization. From these interviews-- from what we've already seen-- it cannot be more obvious that they guys at High Moon are just as stoked about Transformers as we are. They care. They're fans who love the Dinobots and know that we all love the Dinobots, so they boldly marched up to Hasbro and pushed the idea because it was important to them. There's an understanding and humility that has definitely contributed to War for Cybertron's success in that they're passionate about making a great game and making a great Transformers game. Take note Hasbro. These are the types of people that should be put in charge of Transformers media. Aka: people who care as much about Transformers as the people they're selling to.



THAT...Is spot on! Exactly how I feel about both High Moon and the films, fundamentally (people still don't believe me when I say I only like the trilogy for the Transformers themselves...Initially because I like the real-world look, but mainly sympathetically for what the characters could've been...Ratchet & Shockwave in particular...)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382947)
Posted by craggy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 6:56pm CDT
Wigglez wrote:Honestly, I'm just waiting for a MP customization video.

Oh. Oh yes. Yeeeeessssss. :PREDACON:
Since it seems the only chance I'll have to play this game with friends will be in the Multiplayer versus modes, I'd really like a chance to see what sort of bots we can come up with.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382967)
Posted by Fearing on May 23rd, 2012 @ 7:24pm CDT
craggy wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
craggy wrote:I love that they feel the need to explain the Dinobots being dinosaurs, whilst completely ignoring that the final boss of the last game was one as well.


Trypticon barely looks like a dinosaur. Just looks like some giant reptile. As its been explained, chances are cold-blooded life forms had been discovered for Trypticon to be based off. The dinobots on the other hand are very clearly "Dinosaurs".

bah! I didn't need any explanation. It's like asking why the Autobots and some Decepticons transform into vehicles with human-sized cockpits, even though humans were still nothing but a gleam in some apes' eyes at the time. I tend to just go with it.

Regardless of the redundancy of the origin story, it does sound like we might get some cool Shockwave Vs Dinobot smackdown action, so I'm all for that.


I thought the commonly used reasoning for the Transformers having cockpits was something like the Quintessons hardwired them into the Transformers programming or mechanical DNA or whatever during a period where the Quints had taken them over as slaves. Something along those lines anyway.

I'm more confused as to how they came up with the name "Dinobots" for these creatures and coincidentally humans came up with the name "Dinosaurs" millions of years later... or is that just the translating of Transformers speaking Cybertonian into English giving us the closest approximation and thus we get the name "Dinobots" in English as opposed to the Cybertronian word "Chazwazza" (or whatever :-? )?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382984)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 23rd, 2012 @ 7:44pm CDT
I wonder if anyone else at High Moon is a s passionate about Transformers as Matt Tieger or whether they all want to tp his home for pushing them to do justice to the brand he loves?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1383050)
Posted by Jazz813 on May 23rd, 2012 @ 10:58pm CDT
The video looks pretty awesome, can't wait until I got my copy of this awesome game.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1383160)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2012 @ 7:57am CDT
craggy wrote:bah! I didn't need any explanation. It's like asking why the Autobots and some Decepticons transform into vehicles with human-sized cockpits, even though humans were still nothing but a gleam in some apes' eyes at the time. I tend to just go with it.
The Quintessons installed those cockpits into the TFs when they invaded Cybertron during the Age of Wrath (no, not the Dreamwave comic series, a different Age of Wrath).

Fearing wrote:I'm more confused as to how they came up with the name "Dinobots" for these creatures and coincidentally humans came up with the name "Dinosaurs" millions of years later... or is that just the translating of Transformers speaking Cybertonian into English giving us the closest approximation and thus we get the name "Dinobots" in English as opposed to the Cybertronian word "Chazwazza" (or whatever :-? )?
Since the term "Dinobot" isn't spoken during any the in-game footage we see in this video, it might be that the five are not actually called "Dinobots" in the game at all, only being referred to as such by the game's creators and merchandise and such.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1383281)
Posted by craggy on May 24th, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT
camzilla51 wrote:
Fearing wrote:I'm more confused as to how they came up with the name "Dinobots" for these creatures and coincidentally humans came up with the name "Dinosaurs" millions of years later... or is that just the translating of Transformers speaking Cybertonian into English giving us the closest approximation and thus we get the name "Dinobots" in English as opposed to the Cybertronian word "Chazwazza" (or whatever :-? )?


Seeing as the root meanings for the word dinosaur, scientifically speaking, mean "terrible lizard," I wouldn't be surprised if Shockwave himself, being the scientist that he is, could have accurately come up with that name himself, coincidentally.

Then again, the root words that science based its names off of we're derived from Latin, which would have been too far in the future, according to the time setting of this story.

Then AGAIN, in Dotm, Sentinel said that the space bridge bends the fabric of TIME and space and defies our laws of physics.

THEN AGAIN, in Dotm, Sentinel was the one to create the space bridge, not Shockwave, and would thus render the comparison between the two incompatible.

:-? :-B

well, getting that particular mix of different dinosaur species would require a fair amount of bending time and space anyway, so why worry?

Like I said, about the cockpits: It doesn't matter, just enjoy!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1383715)
Posted by partholon on May 25th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
that was pretty damn cool !

i hope they let us play as other dinobots too but TBH ill be glad if all we get is some good screen time for em.

plus the toys , obviously :D
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014