Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 10:54AM CDT

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,991

Machinima has posted an exclusive new Tansformers: Fall of Cybertron trailer featuring the Dinobots! We see footage of all five Dinobots with commentary provided by High Moon Studio's Matt Tieger regarding their origin. The video is embedded below.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is scheduled for release August 28th, 2012.

Credit(s): Burningsirius, BeastProwl, Machinima, Activision

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382749)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 23rd, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
:lol: I posted this exactly 1 minute before you!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382752)
Posted by frogbat on May 23rd, 2012 @ 11:04am CDT
Well done to high moon for the backstory.. I think it's my fave origins story thus far

Also.. Just saw the one of the posters in the background with what looks like preceptor... Mmm
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382754)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 23rd, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
We also get a brief look at the third insecticon in passing! =P~
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382755)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 23rd, 2012 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382774)
Posted by Wigglez on May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:the reasoning for why they look like dinosaurs in this game is so stupid. what a dumb story idea

Then don't play it. Enough said. "Nobody controls Grimlock" he says. Awesome.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382779)
Posted by New Omen on May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:13pm CDT
Looks amazing. The spacebridge effects are most impressive. I really like this origin story for the Dinobots. It's clever, believable and makes sure the transformers stay off Earth until the proper time.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382781)
Posted by #Sideways# on May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
Did anyone else notice Perceptor in the background of the interview?

Space Bridge looks better than ever. I just can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Grimlock and the Dinobots look amazing. Almost as amazing as their backstories!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382804)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
Looks kill, stoked. Like that kickback is in the background concept art.
In regards to what Griftimus said, Ya it isn't the best idea, but its far from the worst. I'd say the idea that Grimlock and his crew had to follow Shockwave to Earth and fight him there, like in Shockwave spotlight, is more.. spot on... #-o
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382805)
Posted by It Is Him on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:11pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Did anyone else notice Perceptor in the background of the interview?

Grimlock and the Dinobots look amazing. Almost as amazing as their backstories!

I took a screenshot of Perceptor a while ago, but it was never news'd. I guess it was old news?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382809)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:25pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:

Grimlock and the Dinobots look amazing. Almost as amazing as their backstories!

It never made the news rounds, but it's a well known image. They've used that same background for several interviews.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382822)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 23rd, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
This is everything you need to know about the Aligned Dinobots at the time of the video games and novels in a nutshell. 8)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382829)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
Wigglez wrote:

Then don't play it. Enough said. "Nobody controls Grimlock" he says. Awesome.

It's Griftimus. He hates everything.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382841)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:27pm CDT

I swear you never have anything positive to say about anything. Must be pretty sad way to live.

On topic I think the back story isn't bad. I mean there isn't really to many ideas for autobots that change into preistoric dinosaurs on a distant planet that isn't going to sound some what far fetched. For what they had to work with i think they did well.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382847)
Posted by craggy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:40pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382857)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 23rd, 2012 @ 3:16pm CDT
craggy wrote:I love that they feel the need to explain the Dinobots being dinosaurs, whilst completely ignoring that the final boss of the last game was one as well.

Trypticon barely looks like a dinosaur. Just looks like some giant reptile. As its been explained, chances are cold-blooded life forms had been discovered for Trypticon to be based off. The dinobots on the other hand are very clearly "Dinosaurs".
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382864)
Posted by Snowy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
Mother of god. I thought I was excited before but.........

*deep breaths Snowy, deep breaths. Resist the urge to keyboard smash everything. That's what Facebook is for*

..............

agjjgfdasjgdgjjgdjkg!!!!

....Okay. Just one. Got it out of my system. But seriously, I am in LOVE with High Moon Studios. The reason I hated the movies was because it was obvious that they weren't Transformers movies. They were movies with Transformers in them, but the lack of passion for the franchise was almost painfully obvious in their neglect of any sort of characterization. From these interviews-- from what we've already seen-- it cannot be more obvious that they guys at High Moon are just as stoked about Transformers as we are. They care. They're fans who love the Dinobots and know that we all love the Dinobots, so they boldly marched up to Hasbro and pushed the idea because it was important to them. There's an understanding and humility that has definitely contributed to War for Cybertron's success in that they're passionate about making a great game and making a great Transformers game. Take note Hasbro. These are the types of people that should be put in charge of Transformers media. Aka: people who care as much about Transformers as the people they're selling to.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382878)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 23rd, 2012 @ 4:37pm CDT
I like how the space bridge works exactly like it did in DOTM.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382892)
Posted by craggy on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:10pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

bah! I didn't need any explanation. It's like asking why the Autobots and some Decepticons transform into vehicles with human-sized cockpits, even though humans were still nothing but a gleam in some apes' eyes at the time. I tend to just go with it.

Regardless of the redundancy of the origin story, it does sound like we might get some cool Shockwave Vs Dinobot smackdown action, so I'm all for that.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382900)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:23pm CDT
I really like how the Dinobots speak. Sure, their cavemen-like speech was classic, but this... this was awesome. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer (1382901)
Posted by LiKwid on May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:23pm CDT
man....Swoop is so bad ass looking..If habro wanted to up their profit margins, making all of those into figures would be a great idea..Kids and collectors alike would squee in sheer joy..I know I would...

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME vs MEGATRON Heroes LEGENDS Cybertron Convoy MINICON - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 14 minutes 51 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 3 Megatron Voyager Class DOTM Movie Dark Of The Moon T3V02 - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 16 seconds
Transformers Minicon Micron Armada Clear Sureshock Campaign Item - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 8 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers G1 Victory C-317 Dash & Tacker DashTacker Takara 1989 - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 28 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers G1 Decepticon Constructicons LONG HAUL Hasbro 1990 - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 18 minutes 38 seconds
hasbro takara 1990 transformers G1 Blaster and Krok ACTION MASTER action figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 37 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Class Decepticon Powerdive Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 8 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers G1 Decepticon Constructicons SCRAPPER Hasbro 1990 - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 10 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016