Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch"

Thursday, July 26th, 2012 6:52PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,011

Activision gives us a look the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro pack, which features G1 Megatron Gun and Shockwave Cannon for use in single player and of course the G1 Optimus Prime skin. This FOC video trailer homages the famous scene from the original Transformers animated movie from 1986 when Optimus Prime takes on the Decepticons in Autobot City. In addition, the background music is none other than fan favorite Stan Bush's "The Touch". Check out the embedded video below.

Get yours by pre-ordering through GameStop.
Credit(s): Activision

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404597)
Posted by starscream2222 on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:03pm CDT
Hound and Magnus :DANCE:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404604)
Posted by redoutlander on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:17pm CDT
:BOT:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404609)
Posted by wrw311 on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:22pm CDT
That made me really happy :x
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404610)
Posted by Gundamu on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:25pm CDT
Did not think I'd care about this but seeing that scene from the movie recreated there made me so happy I pre-ordered.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404613)
Posted by Heavy B on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404616)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:40pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:Recently, I've just become SO SICK of G1 (there are OTHER eras, ya' know) But I'll admit, that was cool.

BLASPHEMER!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404621)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:49pm CDT
Autobots, roll out? I only saw Hound roll out. Stupid disobedient Autobots!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404624)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:06pm CDT
Tho I prefer the 'cons, i could watch that all day. i pre-ordered a couple weeks ago.

Now i just need to get a TV and an Xbox360… :-$
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404627)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:09pm CDT

This is blasphemy! Madness!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404646)
Posted by UltraMason on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
well shit :BANG_HEAD:
looks like I have to order this now. damn f***** curiousity, friggin must have stuff. I am over here trying not to buy DOA and now this comes out fuck it at least Ill be broke in a room full of shit to do.
Ill be playing it on easy too. I dont want to have to go online. Can I buy this for ps3 if not then nevermind . Im not doing soul cal 5 over again.

the "redo of the movie" scene was soooo corny and Im a lifetime fan. that was straight G2 graphics I just had to say it. But then he transformed and i had a small heart failure.
good times :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404647)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:23pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:

This is blasphemy! Madness!

Madness? This is Seibertron!!! (Stuff blows up)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404649)
Posted by Deadput on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:30pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:

This is blasphemy! Madness!

Madness? This is Seibertron!!! (Stuff blows up)

i will come back when the site is fixed up lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404651)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:35pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:

This is blasphemy! Madness!

Madness? This is Seibertron!!! (Stuff blows up)

i will come back when the site is fixed up lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why fix something that was never broken?

:shock:

*Quickly fixes explosion*
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404667)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CDT
Why is it that anytime The Touch plays with Transformers footage I feel all giddy? I loved this. Having a G1 truck form Prime makes no sense since this takes place during the time of the Dinosaurs but whatever. Also, I'm not rushing out to preorder to get this (no shops here do bonuses) and it will eventually be DLC anyways.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404674)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:45pm CDT
That G1 Optimus body looks so out of place in this game. :lol:

Not to mention that his transformation makes it look as though the truck's front literally morphs into the Robot's chest instead of, you know, being the chest (or at least believably reconfiguring into it instead of meshing and molding into a new shape). :roll:

Still cool, though.

And kind of misleading since "The Touch" has been stated to not be in the game, even though they said there will be a Stan Bush song in it (just not "The Touch").
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404678)
Posted by ricemazter on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:56pm CDT
As cool as this ad is, and it is cool, I still have no idea whether this game reestablishes double jumping.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404712)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on July 27th, 2012 @ 2:05am CDT
HOUND!!!

That was awesome and I'm glad I preordered from Gamestop,but this hasn't beat Gamestop's WFC preorder bonus video of shockwave shooting bots to "the Touch"
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404715)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 27th, 2012 @ 2:20am CDT
Best. DLC trailer. Ever.

Can't wait to play as him when the game comes out. Hoping I get the preorder from GameStop for my birthday...

When Prime beckons the Autobots to attack, was that Autobot that transformed Hound? :shock:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404740)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on July 27th, 2012 @ 5:25am CDT
Sweet movie machinima aside, the aesthetic doesn't work with the game, IMO. If FOC is anywhere near as good as WFC, I will be chuffed :)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch" (1404751)
Posted by Valandar on July 27th, 2012 @ 7:06am CDT
It doesn't make any LESS sense than the Stan Lee skin in the recent Spider-Man game. It's a little salute, and something us old-timers and the GeeWunners will enjoy, that's all.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers OMEGA SUPREME *Complete In Box* *Vintage 1985 G1* - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 47 minutes 36 seconds
MEGATRON Assembly Sheet Transformers G1 Vintage 1984 Hasbro Great Condition - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 8 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Universe SNARL New RARE RID - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 25 minutes 9 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Astrotrain triple changer reissue - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 41 minutes 39 seconds
NEW IN PACK 2001 Transformers RID Robots in Disguise LEVEL 1 X-Brawn SCOURGE - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 59 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO MOVIE 2007 LEADER CLASS BRAWL NEW MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 6 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS LEGENDS CLASS SHOCKWAVE NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 52 minutes 5 seconds
MISB Transformers MASTERPIECE MP-17 PROWL AUTHENTIC 1ST PROD RUN - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 22 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016