Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC

Saturday, July 28th, 2012 1:27PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,184

Great news PC gamers! High Moon Studios has tweeted that the G1 Retro pack for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will be available as a pre-order exclusive via Steam. The pre-order should be available soon.

The G1 Retro pack gives you access of the G1 Optimus Prime skin,G1 Megatron Gun, and G1 Shockwave Cannon.

Credit(s): NatsumeRyu, HMS
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC (1405134)
Posted by TFfan92 on July 28th, 2012 @ 1:56pm CDT
This is a dream come true. My favorite game vendor and g1 nostalgia put together. Now I'm glad I held off on pre ordering at Gamestop. :D
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC (1405189)
Posted by Erailea on July 28th, 2012 @ 4:47pm CDT
Yey! But... now I actually have to have Steam? Oh well. Not the end of the world. Lol.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC (1405207)
Posted by Aeravon on July 28th, 2012 @ 6:50pm CDT

I guess if you refuse to buy from Game-stop, this might be nice.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC (1405224)
Posted by Erailea on July 28th, 2012 @ 8:32pm CDT
Aeravon wrote:That "exclusive" is already available as a Gamestop pre-order bonus of any version of the game. Buying it on Steam digitally for the PC users is... ok? But you'd get the Steam version anyway by buying the PC version any place else as a physical copy.

I guess if you refuse to buy from Game-stop, this might be nice.

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC (1405233)
Posted by Aeravon on July 28th, 2012 @ 9:40pm CDT
Erailea wrote:Is it good for PC games? For some reason I didn't think so since Gamestop is rather suck-tastic when it comes to having PC games.

With Impulse, Origin, and Steam around, Gamestop doesn't make much money on PC releases so they don't devote much shelf space to it. But if you pre-order a PC version of something, then they will have it on release day.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Retro Pack Pre-Order Exclusive for PC (1405429)
Posted by Erailea on July 29th, 2012 @ 3:20pm CDT
Aeravon wrote:

I stopped in my Gamestop today. The two guys who worked there were unsure if PC gamers would get the perk. Apparently they've seen PC gamers get shafted in the past for releases like this (where there is both a console and PC version). And because the code isn't given until pick up, instead of being printed on the pre-order receipt, they recommended going the safe route of Steam.

Kinda sucks. I'd prefer a disk, but I'd really like those skins/guns too. Glad they were at least honest about it and didn't just say "yeah, hey, you'll get them" because I know taking pre-orders looks good on their monthly grade, having worked at a Gamestop once myself.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys