Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update

Thursday, November 15th, 2012 10:12PM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,457

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron has been nominated for Best Adapted Video Game in SpikeTV's 2012 VGA's. Other nominees include Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, and The Walking Dead: The Game. Click here to case your vote.

In other Transformers: Fall of Cybertron news High Moon Studios have published a balance update:

HMS wrote:Loyal fans and gamers, the High Moon team is working hard with our new boss Deadpool, to bring his patented 4th wall breaking insanity to gamers in 2013. We are still of course keeping a close eye on Transformers multiplayer, checking kill stats and reading feedback emails. We know many of our most ardent followers have a number of questions and we'll do our best to respond to you when we can. We've kicked things off by responding to a few questions we've received:

Will you be doing further balance changes?

Yes! In fact we just launched a small balance patch today that addresses issues with the Gear-Shedder and Photon Burst Rifle guns. These changes are in direct response to your feedback.

Can you add more colors and characters?

Unfortunatly not. Each color, new character, or really anything that gets added puts demands on what the game can support technically. At this point with the largest roster of Tranformer characters ever and dozens of colors we have reached the limit. Sorry Sludge fans!

Will you be adding any DLC maps?

A number of our fans have expressed an interst in buying DLC maps, however we feel this will have a negative impact a player's ability to quickly find a full match. This is a major learning we made from War For Cybertron. The addition of paid DLC maps splits the player community between those with the maps and those without.

We are open to responding to more questions. Simply email us at feedback@transformersgame.com or comment on this post. We will respond in a later blog posting. Thank you as always for your support.
Credit(s): SpikeTV, HMS
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440323)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 15th, 2012 @ 10:27pm CST
Only thing this game's adapted from more than anything is the Binder of Revelation. ;)
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440332)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 15th, 2012 @ 11:39pm CST
really thats all the patch does? How about fixing the graphical glitches and connection issues. I think they just put this patch out just to make us think they still care but really they dont.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440338)
Posted by FracturedKoi on November 16th, 2012 @ 12:03am CST
Well bunk to not having better fitting color options. We don't want more colors...we just want better ones!

Also bunk to not having DLC maps, going through the same handful of maps gets very very old after awhile. I stopped playing after Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came out and I hadn't even had interest enough to Prime all my classes even! Single player held the most interest to me...but there wasn't enough meat in it to keep me coming back for more of it.

Meh.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440352)
Posted by Slashercon on November 16th, 2012 @ 1:25am CST
As much as I FREAKING LOVE TRANSFORMERS...You can't beat Mickey Mouse :lol: Sad that Sludge can't be used but oh well. I'm more pissed that Arcee's not in the game. I would've preferred her in than Cliffjumper to be honest. >:oP
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440410)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 16th, 2012 @ 10:52am CST
About friggin' time they balanced it. >:oP

I'm virtually done with FOC; Halo 4 is my new baby. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440492)
Posted by TheEggmaster on November 16th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CST
Isn't it an awfully strange coincidence that they got an award, then put up a patch a day after? I mean, they left their game at the worst state it could ever be, don't touch it for about a month and a half, then they're nominated for an award and say "We finally fixed the Gear Shredder because the fans want us to!" when they're really saying "We fixed the Gear Shredder, now give us that reward!" If they win or loose, it's just gonna be about "forget about the fans its all about Deadpool" But i dont even care, as Mindmaster said
Mindmaster wrote:I'm virtually done with FOC; Halo 4 is my new baby. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440514)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 16th, 2012 @ 6:24pm CST
I have to admit, High Moon have really proven me wrong with this game. Despite their evil Activision paymasters, they're really giving the community (both Transformers and game fans) really good service. I doff my cap to them. The game deserves its nomination for Best Adatation. Not sure it'll win though as that's some pretty stiff competition, but I don't think they should feel bad about a thing they've done with Fall of Cybertron.

Bravo! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game VGA and Balance Update (1440610)
Posted by noctorro on November 17th, 2012 @ 6:34am CST
I don't know how big High Moon Studios is, but I think
there's a lot more money in the Halo franchise.

To bad to hear that there won't be extra maps etc. Hopefully they'll do
something like those Ubisoft guys are doing, U NO, make sort of stand alone
addons. I don't hear a lot of hate and blasphemy yelling about that.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism