Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art

Friday, April 13th, 2012 11:29AM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,145

Following yesterday's Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Sludge reveal, the official Transformers Game facebook page is now giving as a look at Snarl! Check out the awesome concept art below. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will be in stores on August 28th, 2012!

Credit(s): Transformers Game facebook page
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368713)
Posted by Dorkimus on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:37am CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368714)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:38am CDT
Dorkimus wrote:There is a really small change that they will come in 2013 like the voyager class Starscream/seekers,
That Starscream will be a Deluxe, not a Voyager.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368716)
Posted by VectaSigma on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
Okay...after seeing that robot form of Snarl I am completely sold. He looks uttlerly bad-ass! Can I say that here? And yes @Trikeboy, FOC Onslaught being voyager class would have resolved so much for this newly-designed Bruticus. He just looks so awkward being the centerpiece all flimsy.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368717)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
Dorkimus wrote:Yeah, they look cool alright, but where did you get the info that hastak would actually ever do toy versions of these guys. Maybe they will, but I really wouldn't hold my breath to wait that. There is a really small change that they will come in 2013 like the voyager class Starscream/seekers, but so far we haven't seen any pictures or got any info. Or have I missed something important? So isn't it a bit early to debate what size they might be (or will be, as some suggets). Don't you think ;)

It's pure speculation right now. It's what we want to see from Hasbro. I think Grimlock was confirmed, the other 4, nothing so far.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368722)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:50am CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368726)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:55am CDT
REALLY hope we get figures of these guys. Even if they're deluxes-they look awesome
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368728)
Posted by VectaSigma on April 13th, 2012 @ 11:56am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:So much awesome!!!!! No way a toy could live up to these designs, no matter what size they are! I cannot wait for this game!

I second that. i.e. Take a look at the FOC Slag..his conversion from Triceratops to robot form in particular. There is virtually no feasible approach in designing him. Unless you have a crapload of snap-on/snap-off pieces like the ever-classic G1 Omega Supreme figure. And how humble of you to say, Get Right..honestly, no future dinobot could live up to your masterpiece custom work.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368732)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
It's so G1-y in it's Transformation and robot mode.

Just a couple of updates/tweaks to both.

I'd love a toy of this. Sad that it is more likely there will not be a toy, as that there will.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368733)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
VectaSigma wrote:

I don't know about that. There are some really talented designers out there. Hasbro/Takara/3rd Party/Customizers. I don't think I've made the end all of Dinobots, but I really appreciate you saying so. :D

I just can't see how these can be translated into great toys. These game designs are what I've imagined for a long time. I love them!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368736)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CDT
Yay, Snarl! He was my favourite Dinobot in G1.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368737)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CDT
Lets face it, this is something Hasbro will know. If they don't make toys of the Dinobots, they will get one upped by a 3rd party. To be honest, I would prefer a 3rd party version because they would probably all be voyager sized.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368746)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
That. Is. Epic beyond words. I'm loving his robot mode right now.
This is how I rate the dinobots
1) Grimlock
2) Snarl
3) Slag
4) Swoop
5) Sludge
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368748)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:39pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:To be honest, I would prefer a 3rd party version because they would probably all be voyager sized.

Voyager sized 3rd-party versions would cost about $100 each. Maybe that's OK for you, but a lot of us can't afford that. I'd rather have Hasbro Deluxes for $12/each.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368749)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:40pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368751)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CDT
SmokescreenGT wrote:Snarl looks awesome! However, has anyone else noticed that while the facebook page names Sludge and Swoop, they don't specifically name Snarl and Slag. I wonder if there will be a name change there considering the word Slag is frowned upon in some places.
The Triceratops' name is Slug.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368753)
Posted by It Is Him on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The Triceratops' name is Slug.

Slug! I like it.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368754)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 13th, 2012 @ 12:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The Triceratops' name is Slug.

mmhmm, and it is a stupid name change. I'm Scottish and I don't mind him being called Slag. I can see a problem getting it localised in the uk without it though. I'll call him Slag no matter what they call him.
GuyIncognito wrote:

Depends on where you shop. If you only shop at BigBadToyStore then yes it would cost that much. I shop at Robotkingdom and they are a lot cheaper. I got the Herc components shipped for less than BBTS were offering before shipping. However, I do take the point that they would be more expensive. I would pay for them though.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368783)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 13th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368790)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2012 @ 1:57pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:i can see the transformation just by looking at it. this would easily make a great toy.
Grimlock would be tricky, though, as his body literally morphs in shape during his in-game transformation.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Snarl Concept Art (1368797)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 13th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Except he's (Grimlock is) the one we have basically been confirmed to be getting a toy.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016