Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round

Transformers News: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round

Friday, May 10th, 2013 1:09PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Press Releases
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 25,626

The first round of the "Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll" is over, and a second has opened! For the next week, fans get to vote on the following characteristics:

Name
Gender
Origin
Specialty

As a reminder, the results of this poll will be used to create a brand new Transformers character that will be featured in an upcoming Transformers comic series and appear in the "Thrilling 30" figure line. We will also get to see the character come to life through sketches and concept art throughout the design process, which will be shared on Transformers.com.

Transformers fans - you did an amazing job voting on the first five questions of the Fan Built Bot Poll, but our designers still need more information! We have four more important questions we need your votes on. Remember to vote every day! Voting will close end of day on May 17, 2013!

Click here to cast your votes and check out the press release below for further information!

Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round

IMPORTANT BULLETIN! HASBRO'S "TRANSFORMERS FAN BUILT BOT" POLL ENTERS CRUCIAL FINAL PHASE
Fans Helped Design a New Transformers Character…Now They Must Help Name It and More!

The first round of voting is complete in the Fan Built Bot poll, which for the first time in history allows fans of the Hasbro, Inc. TRANSFORMERS brand to help create a new TRANSFORMERS character that will be forever added to the TRANSFORMERS world. In anticipation of the TRANSFORMERS’ brand 30th anniversary in 2014, the “Fan Built Bot” Poll now enters its second and final voting phase, allowing fans to select the Fan Built TRANSFORMERS character's name, gender, origin and specialty!

Hasbro's designers are busy reviewing the fan choices from the first phase of the poll and designing the visual look of the new TRANSFORMERS character that will be introduced into the brand's rich lore, and will be produced as an action figure in next year's "TRANSFORMERS Thrilling 30" anniversary line. Voting on the four new questions begins today at TRANSFORMERS.COM/vote, and fans are encouraged to vote every day until this round of polling closes on May 17th.

The results of both rounds of the poll will be announced by Hasbro at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, as part of the official kick-off to Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS “Thrilling 30” anniversary celebration. While results of the first round of voting are a tightly held secret, a careful reading of Round 2's questions may provide some hints. "We're not prepared to say which alt-mode won the polling in round one," said Jay Duke, vice president of the TRANSFORMERS brand at Hasbro. “But a close reading of the name choices may provide a hint at what we’re designing. Stay tuned to find out more!"

For further information visit the official polling page at TRANSFORMERS.COM/vote as well as the TRANSFORMERS Facebook page at Facebook.com/Transformers.
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486146)
Posted by Downbeat on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
Voting female, and hoping to convince other people to vote female. There's so few female Transformers as is, and he or she is going to end up in the IDW comics, where the only female transformer is Arcee, and only because of a Jhiaxus experiment!
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486148)
Posted by craggy on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
definitely voting female. Assuming from the Autobot prefix on a few of the names that it was definitely a bot that won the last poll? :-( Still, if we get a new fembot it'd be nice to not have a femme fatale bad guy, and instead maybe get an amazonian type? Brienne from Game Of Thrones as a TF?
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486149)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:38pm CDT
I wouldn't mind a female combat medic, assuming that First Aid in MTMTE may or may not already be female.

A bodyguard would also be cool.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486153)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 10th, 2013 @ 1:51pm CDT
So i went Female from Kaon, as a close quarters combat specialist. Defiantly want a fembot, but i couldn't decide between the former, or a doc-bot.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486158)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CDT
Cripes. Cashotron? Let's try to take this seriously, okay?

Very cool to see all the cities listed. I'd love to see a decent map of them all. there are so many now, it's hard to keep them all straight.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486164)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:12pm CDT
I will be very pleased if it turns out to be a female Transformer. Granted, I feel that it should have been a Decepticon, rather than Autobot. Also nice to see it will be a flier.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486167)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486174)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
I'm not expecting my choices to be the ones chosen. I'm really pulling for a female Decepticon medic from Kaon. How could would that be?
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486175)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 10th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:seeing as how there is autobot in two of those names i guess thats the faction that won, just what we need another autobot. Oh and great job spoiling part of the outcome hasbro.

And as I pointed out above, the fact that one of the names is "Windblade" pretty much guarantees it's a helicopter or plane.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486190)
Posted by jindrak on May 10th, 2013 @ 3:00pm CDT
I went with:

Autobot Wraith
Female
Iacon
Recon

I think a stealthy, ghostlike fem-bot with a needler type rifle would make a great recon bot. Think a TF version of a Starcraft Ghost.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486195)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 10th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
Autobot Wraith
Female
Kaon
Close Combat specialist
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486197)
Posted by Zeedust on May 10th, 2013 @ 3:19pm CDT
Windblade
Female
Kaon
Telepath
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486221)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on May 10th, 2013 @ 4:15pm CDT
Centurion
Male
Kaon
Close Combat Specialist

We need more 'Cons.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486224)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 10th, 2013 @ 4:40pm CDT
I want to see Charon, female, and either bodyguard or telepath cause we really don't see those things that much in Transformers.

If "female" wins (and fingers crossed it does), then I really hope "motorcycle" didn't win. It'd be neat to see something big and strong and "for boys" like a construction vehicle or a tank be used for a female Transformer.

GuyIncognito wrote:One of the name choices is "Windblade", and two of the names begin with "Autobot". Looks like they've already decided it's an Autobot with a plane or copter alt mode.

Eclipse makes me think Spaceship, Charon boat, and Cashtron armored bank truck. *shrugs* But yeah, obvious the Bots won. Seems like they could've kept the mystery by simply leaving "Autobot" out of those two names, but I guess legally they have to include them even in this case.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486243)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
Telepath?! I dunno, to me that word shouldn't belong in the Transformers universe.

They're getting very specific with this poll. If they ask for any more input, surely they'll be asking us to submit our own designs.

Me? I went with Windblade, female, Kalis and recon.

I'm starting to think I'm going to be really bummed with the character that'll result from these polls. I've spent far too much time envisioning the sum of the options I've been voting for. :-(
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486244)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:50pm CDT
So, we clearly know it will be a :BOT: . So, we can pick gender now?

FEMALE ALL THE WAY!

Also, I want her to be a burly bodyguard. The wasp-like-ninja slot is already filled with Prime<s Arcee. GIMME SOME BIG MAMMA! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486246)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Centurion
Male
Kaon
Close Combat Specialist

We need more 'Cons.

Too late for the :CON: 's, buddy.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486248)
Posted by OmicronZero on May 10th, 2013 @ 5:58pm CDT
jindrak wrote:I went with:

Autobot Wraith
Female
Iacon
Recon

This is almost exactly what I voted, just different origin. The moment I saw the name Wraith and the Recon option the SC Ghost is exactly what popped into my head. :grin:
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486249)
Posted by RAcast on May 10th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Autobot Wraith
Female
Kaon
Close Combat specialist

I'm glad other people have the same idea, I sincerely hope this one wins! I did say Telepath though, just because why not? :lol:

How does a Transformer Telepath you ask? Why Mass Effect of course!
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll - Second Round (1486250)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 10th, 2013 @ 6:08pm CDT
OmicronZero wrote:
jindrak wrote:I went with:

Autobot Wraith
Female
Iacon
Recon

ENOUGH WITH THE WAIF GIRL!

WANNA BIG MAMMA TANK WITH SUSPENTION EQUIPED BOOBIES! :HEADHURTS:

No, seriously. The only "big mamma" female TF I remember is what's-her-name vehicon in the Beast Machine cartoon. And that may be only in the toon as a "need to have more females".
I really want a female bot, designed to be female from the ground up, to be BIG and POWERFUL for once.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem