Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Transformers News: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 2:22PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,122

As we approach Hasbro's Transformers "Thrilling 30" Anniversary a rather awesome new feature has been added to the official website, the "Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll". This poll asks fans to answer five questions:

• Faction
  • Alternate Mode
  • Signature Weapon
  • Color Scheme
  • Personality

The results of this poll will be used to create a brand new Transformers character that will be featured in an upcoming Transformers comic series and appear in the "Thrilling 30" figure line. We will also get to see the character come to life through sketches and concept art throughout the design process, which will be shared on Transformers.com.

Click here to cast your votes!

HASBRO, INC. IS KICKING OFF THE THRILLING 30 WITH THE FAN BUILT BOT POLL! FOR THE 1ST TIME EVER, A FAN VOTE WILL DECIDE AN ALL NEW TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER. VOTE DAILY HERE AT TRANSFORMERS.COM TO HAVE A HAND IN THE BOT BUILDING!
ONCE THE VOTES HAVE BEEN TALLIED, COME BACK TO TRANSFORMERS.COM TO SEE THE DESIGNERS AT WORK. SKETCHES, IMAGES AND MORE WILL BE REVEALED AS THE NEW BOT CHARACTER COMES TO LIFE.
ADD THE BOT TO YOUR COLLECTION! THE NEW TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER WILL BE REVEALED, NAMED AND FOREVER ADDED TO THE TRANSFORMERS WORLD INCLUDING AN UPCOMING IDW COMIC SERIES AND IN THE "THRILLING 30" PRODUCT LINE NEXT YEAR.

Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479889)
Posted by jindrak on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:34pm CDT
Autobot, Car, Blaster cannon, Orange and white, Grumpy= RUNG!!

Vote now, vote often!
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479890)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:36pm CDT
I voted for a Grumpy orange and white Decepticon construction vehicle that wields a mace.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479891)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
My message disappeared, how peculiar.
Here it is again:

This is actually a cool idea!

My juicy bit from the news? 'An upcoming IDW series'.
Really? A new one? Replacing ReGen One, maybe? Ooooh. :-?
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479894)
Posted by Zeedust on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
Voted for a grumpy purple-and-bronze Decepticon Terran Beast with a mace. Interested to see how this turns out!
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479896)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CDT
Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

EDIT: Jesus I've been awake for a long time. I thought an option on the last question was to make it a secretary. #-o

EDIT-EDIT: Right now my thinking is to just go for whatever options Hasbro are least likely to do under their own steam.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479897)
Posted by rpetras on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT
Decepticon
Motorcycle
Sword
Purple & Bronze
Sneaky

I'm thinking fembot ninja!
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479899)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 17th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
That's a pretty cool idea! Not sure if I'll vote, I have no idea what I'd want right now, but I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out. :D
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479901)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CDT
Autobot
Construction
Orange & White
Nunchucks
Valiant

We need more construction 'bots.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479902)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:03pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

Yes. Just to see what will happen when we get a purple and bronze hotshot Decepticon construction with nunchucks. :D
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479904)
Posted by Zeedust on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CDT
You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479909)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

Apologies, just want to double-check: mockery?

Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479910)
Posted by Zeedust on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

I suppose it's just Animated Jazz, but he's more recent than the last TF I can think of with a mace (as opposed to a morning star), which is Transmetal Optimus Primal.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479911)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:19pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh god DAMMIT!!! I can't decide! :BOOM:

Apologies, just want to double-check: mockery?

Not mocking you, that's what I voted! I love the idea! :D

[quote]
Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

How many Transformers can you think of that have had nunchucks in all fairness. There's been a few maces even I can think of.[/quote]

Animated Jazz is the only one that springs to mind, really. :-?
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479912)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479914)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I voted so we could get a Waspinator homage, despite him being in a later time of Generation 1. If he could get into the Hall of Fame, he certainly deserves a new toy!

He's already showing up in IDW though!
He was in the backgroud of Spotlight: Thundercracker, and has been mentioned in the solicits for July's Robots in Disguise.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479915)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:31pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Not mocking you, that's what I voted! I love the idea! :D

Oh right. Sorry. I wasn't sure and I'm in a sensitive mood, lol. :sad: Even I have to admit that's one crazy combo.
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:You think nunchucks are less likely than a mace?

Now you mention it I think I am kind of bunching maces and morning stars together. Morning stars I suppose are sort of like the love-child of a mace and nunchucks. And now I'm thinking of nunchucks with a spiked-ball at the centre of the chain. (And now I'm thinking that it's general silhouette bears a resemblance to a ball-gag. :-s I really shouldn't stay awake for more than 24 hours.)

EDIT: In the end I voted for Decepticon, avian beast, crossbow, blue and silver, and secretive. I'm envisioning a lone bird of prey that hunts in the silence of the night. ;)
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479916)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CDT
'Con
Choppah
Spear/Harpoon
Purple/Bronze
Wildman

No one in particular I'm trying to homage.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479920)
Posted by Zeedust on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:52pm CDT
I don't think we'll get a homage out of this, so I'm just hoping for a big, bad-tempered bruiser of a Decepticon that turns into smething nasty with horns or tusks.
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479923)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 17th, 2013 @ 3:57pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

He's already showing up in IDW though!

Where was I when they announced this crap?

Oh yeah, and obligatory "images or GTFO".
Re: Transformers Fan Built Bot Poll (1479932)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 17th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Va'al wrote:

He's already showing up in IDW though!

Where was I when they announced this crap?

Er... somewhere else?

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more we should go for the most ridiculous character we can think of!

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE JUNGLE BONECRUSHER MINT 100% COMP. 2008 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 7 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers "Final Battle Jazz" Hasbro *Automorph Movie Series Deluxe Class New - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 40 minutes 15 seconds
EUROPEAN G1 TRANSFORMERS: LEOZACK 100% COMPLETE WITH CARD BACK (1992) EURO - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds
NEW TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION BUMBLEBEE LEADER CLASS EXCLUSIVE SEALED MOC - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 13 minutes 2 seconds
Huge ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers  DOTM Mechtech MIB 2011 - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 27 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime Hunter Dragon Assault Truck Mode - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 43 minutes 7 seconds
transformers generations arcee blurr kup springer scoop mini-con assault lot gdo - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 58 minutes 42 seconds
3 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, Starscream, Vertebreak & Windrazor, MIP! New - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 43 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory