Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones

Transformers News: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones

Wednesday, September 29th, 2010 4:30PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 64,785

For a while now, select cell phone owners could download Glu Mobile's Transformers G1: Awakening to their phones. However, owners of Google Android cell phones have been left out ... until now. Glu Mobile announced on their Twitter page yesterday that they have now released a version of the game that can be played on the Android. The game is now listed on App Brain and can be downloaded for $2.99. Make sure to download it if you haven't yet and tell us all about the G1 goodness.
Credit(s): Glu Mobile

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1130040)
Posted by dragons on September 29th, 2010 @ 4:38pm CDT
to bad i dont make enough money to afford droid or its phone bill my cousin has droid he checked his brother iphone he says he likes droid more than his bother iphone i dont know if if phonebill is cheape than iphone but he says its cheaper than iphone & does everything that iphone does under differnt name company.

looks promising for droid owners
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1130101)
Posted by craggy on September 29th, 2010 @ 6:52pm CDT
not buying a droid til it can talk to vaperators.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1130111)
Posted by MagnaBlade on September 29th, 2010 @ 7:12pm CDT
craggy wrote:not buying a droid til it can talk to vaperators.

:lol: The language of moisture vaporators can be so complicated.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1130129)
Posted by Aeravon on September 29th, 2010 @ 8:33pm CDT
I've been waiting for this to happen since I saw the game originally released on the Apple formats.

I bought it immediately (2.99 is a steal for it), and had no problems at all running it (Motorola Droid).

It's not super complicated, but the animations are pretty good and there are a ton of characters in it. Worth every penny, and I love it.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1130249)
Posted by Tresob on September 30th, 2010 @ 8:58am CDT
Has anyone tried a droid emulator for the PC?

There's something called YouWave that alleges it will run apps in Windows, but I haven't the guts to experiment.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1130449)
Posted by mobifun on October 1st, 2010 @ 12:03am CDT
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1131030)
Posted by padfoo on October 2nd, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
I just picked this up and I am loving it. Lots of characters in a very G1 based story! Its a good game as far as cellular games are concerned. It runs great on my EVO's 4.3" screen.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1131632)
Posted by Tresob on October 4th, 2010 @ 6:56pm CDT
mobifun wrote:I have used YouWave. It works well, but has a limitation for saving game state. At least it meets my need. No problems at all.

Hey, Mobi...you've piqued my curiosity. What do you mean by "limitation for saving game state?"
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1131866)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 5th, 2010 @ 12:18pm CDT
I hate and love this game. I've played with it on my SE 800 a lot, but every once in a while, it just keeps going wrong (exits whenever I try to start a stage), and I had to re-download it.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1131874)
Posted by mobifun on October 5th, 2010 @ 12:37pm CDT
Tresob wrote:

I mean, when I close the YouWave program and restart, the previous game state is lost and I have to start over. Since it is not a big deal for my interested game (not Transformers G1) to start over, I am OK with that.
Re: Transformers G1: Awakening now available for Google Android phones (1473275)
Posted by Bowspearer on March 21st, 2013 @ 6:02am CDT
Realise I'm necromancing but I figure it saves an extra thread.

Recently grabbed this again for my Galaxy S3, but I'm slightly stumped on level 16 "Autobots Roll out" (where your team is Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Prowl and you're taking on Soundwave, Starscream, Megatron and Trypticon).

If anyone has any tips on how to take out the level, I'd appreciate it.

Ending Soon On eBay

G2 TRANSFORMERS: OPTIMUS PRIME 100% Factory Sealed 1992 MISB Hasbro Wow Look! - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers MP-13 Soundwave 2015 Year of Goat Asia Platinum Edition  NEW - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 10 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo loose with package G1 style Superion - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 58 minutes 44 seconds
Generations transformers Reveal the Shield Rodimus Cyclonus exclusive - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 10 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Generations Classics Kup G1 style - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 28 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Classics RamJet and Dirge 2.0 G1 styled loose not complete seekers - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 28 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars waspinator Parts or repair lot of 2 - Time Remaining: 5 days 44 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Classics Generations Soundwave and transforming discs - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 13 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive