Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro

Transformers News: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro

Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 10:52AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 16,526

Seibertron.com member Optimal-T has some nostalgic news for the Canadian fanbase. Starting May18th Teletoon Retro will be airing Transformers G1 at 8:00pm.
For all those that never saw it before or just wish to see it on TV without knowing it's on a DVD.
To find out if you can get the channel please click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): Optimal-T
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (913868)
Posted by Bouncy X on April 23rd, 2009 @ 11:37am CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:Why can't it air on actual Teletoon? I have that channel... :sad:

sorry if somebody already beat me to this but......retro comes free with teletoon. though thats only if you have a digital cable box since its on a digital channel. but yes, if you have one then you get retro.

i own all the rhino dvds but this is still cool, this channel has been slow in adding content but they're doing better latetly. i'm hoping they get more shows soon, nostalgia is fun.

oh and on a somewhat related note, Teletoon will be airing that G.I.Joe : Resolute movie on april 24th at 11:15pm. it looks pretty cool...people actually die and shit...fun stuff. :P
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (913922)
Posted by Zeds on April 23rd, 2009 @ 1:53pm CDT
Honestly I was just thinking over the last few months after seeing Spidie, Superfriends, Smurfs and Fantastic 4 on Retro that TFs could not be far behind. Definite will watch with a TF in hand just like when I was a kid. Oh the memories. Thanks Retro!
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (914805)
Posted by Optimal-T on April 26th, 2009 @ 2:41am CDT
I may send an e-mail to TV Cogeco to see if they'll carry Teletoon Retro in my area. I feel really nostalgic right now. :)

I may even contact them to see about securing the rights to broadcast that other show about transforming robots that I haven't seen since I was 9.5, almost 10, and that horrid movie about them came out that summer.

Even though I know that the chances of that show getting back to the air are pretty damned near ZERO. It couldn't hurt for me to try because I haven't quite given up on that show just yet.
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (915109)
Posted by Editor on April 27th, 2009 @ 3:01pm CDT
I'm ready.

I needed to talk to Shaw last week about internet issues, and signed up for basic digital cable while I was there to take advantage of a discount bundle price.

I didn't even think about it until afterwards that it means I now have Retro, and will be able to watch TF.
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (916273)
Posted by Optimal-T on April 30th, 2009 @ 7:30pm CDT
I really need to talk to my mother about it because she's the one that's paying for the digital cable.

I have to get that channel before the 18th. :D
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (923228)
Posted by Editor on May 18th, 2009 @ 7:09pm CDT
Long story short.

It's on right now.
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (923233)
Posted by Goldenrod on May 18th, 2009 @ 7:27pm CDT
Watching it right now, but besides now, when will the episodes air? no mention on teletoon's website.
Re: Transformers G1 To Air On Teletoon Retro (923267)
Posted by ChaosLyrics on May 18th, 2009 @ 9:18pm CDT
Just finished watching the episode :D Any news on if they will be showing more? I scanned ahead a week and there aren't any coming on...

Ending Soon On eBay

RAMJET 100% Complete Jet 1985 Vtg Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure Takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 22 minutes 12 seconds
Vintage 1985 OMNIBOT G1 TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Takara OVERDRIVE 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 19 days 14 hours 22 minutes 1 second
1986 Vtg G1 Transformers TARGETMASTER KUP 100% COMPLETE Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 52 minutes 19 seconds
Astrotrain 100% Complete Triple Changers 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds
RAVAGE Micro Cassette Complete 1985 Hasbro G1 Transformers Jaguar Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 22 minutes 29 seconds
Vintage 1985 TRIPLE CHANGER G1 TRANSFORMERS by Hasbro BLITZWING 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE JAZZ REPAINT G1 COLORS EXCLUSIVE NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 39 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN HUMAN ALLIANCE BARRICADE & FRENZY SEALED NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 56 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory