Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade

Transformers News: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 6:35AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,443

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Japanese Online retailer Red Mercury has posted a listing of wave 4 of the 2014 Generations deluxe figures. This wave consists of 2 repaints and a new figure. Nightbeat is a remold of Reveal the Shield Jazz with spotlights and Jhiaxus is a remold of the upcoming Armada Starscream featuring new guns. The new figure in the wave is the fans choice Windblade but is only shown via line art.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade
Credit(s): Red Mercury
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541809)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on January 14th, 2014 @ 6:42am CST
Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541810)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on January 14th, 2014 @ 6:54am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?


Haha , That's what i thought but if you get really really close the yellow part is his mouth area.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541813)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:03am CST
Autobot Genocide wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?


Haha , That's what i thought but if you get really really close the yellow part is his mouth area.


I think its a digibashed image of the botcon customisation class shockwave thingy. Those door stickers remind me of another 3rd party set.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541815)
Posted by Wreckgar on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:04am CST
On paper, I don't think I would have been sold on Nightbeat from the RTS Jazz mold, but swapping the speakers for searchlights makes it an instant buy for me. Just a little conncerned about the head. Kinda looks like the standard Jazz head to me.

I'm sure I called Jhiaxus from Armada Starscream when he was first rumoured. I'm happy with that.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541817)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:16am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Autobot Genocide wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?


Haha , That's what i thought but if you get really really close the yellow part is his mouth area.


I think its a digibashed image of the botcon customisation class shockwave thingy. Those door stickers remind me of another 3rd party set.


The flame itself reminds me of tracks but with the blue of nightbeat makes me think of the flames on hotspot .

Edit . The head just looks like the jazz mold with the ears and you can sort of make out the Mohawk.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541818)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:21am CST
Yep, like the latest wave, the Armada Starscream wave, and the Rattrap wave, I'll be planning on getting all of these.

Liking Nightbeat. Jhiaxus needs more... Jhiaxus-y colors. Just plain orange ain't gunna cut it.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541819)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:25am CST
I am actually really looking forward to all of these, especially Nightbeat. I really dig the RTS Jazz mold and think it will fit Nightbeat well, but just realized that he will be larger than the rest of the new line since the new molds keep getting smaller. I don't mind at all, it will just be sort of funny seeing Nightbeat towering over the rest of the shelf :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541820)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:31am CST
Hmmm... Not really feeling them.. Need to see bigger pix. Not happy with Nightbeat though as I hope a 3rd party company makes a headmaster head for him or one that looks more "nightbeatish"..
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541822)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:39am CST
You should change the wording in the story to remolds rather than just simple repaints. I really like the look of Jhiaxus. Remolded nosecone, very G2 head, guns instead of swords. I'm digging it. Nightbeat looks good, but the Bumblebee mold would have worked way better. I like the spotlights, though I'm not sure if they are a throw back to anything to be honest. Or maybe they're magnifying glasses.

Let me know when they remold Wing Blade into Slipstream
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541823)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:40am CST
Pretty sure Jhiaxus is a remold of Starscream as more than just the head and deco look different, like the cockpit.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541825)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:45am CST
I'll probably only want Windblade when I see images of her. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541827)
Posted by reluctantyouth on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:59am CST
Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morning meeting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541828)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:00am CST
Boooooooooooooo! I thought we were finally getting a proper Jhiaxus. Why does Hasbro think Jhiaxus is orange? Is this supposed to be a tribute to the Universe toy? Total fail here.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541830)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:07am CST
reluctantyouth wrote:Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morming metting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
what are you talking about?

A) The Generations line has shown NO signs of ceasing when the movie toys come out. Keep your shirt on cuz it's going to continue.

And,

B) We knew from the very beginning that Windblade would be a Deluxe. That was set in stone long before now, ages ago. This is nothing new that has been widely accepted since.

Chill, dude.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541832)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:08am CST
So I guess that's a No on the Minerva Retool.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541833)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
So this is no IDW Jhiaxus. =/ I'll still buy everything.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541834)
Posted by sabrigami on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:29am CST
Something just doesn't look right about that picture. If this is true, I'm really shocked about Nightbeat being a Jazz repaint. I think I shall reserve judgement for when Hasbro actually shows official pics of these guys. This just doesn't feel legit to me, but what do I know?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541836)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:32am CST
Sabrblade - I cannot recall a time when Hasbro ran three transformers lines such as these at the same time. The movie line is a certainty and the new cartoon will be coming out in the fall. Of course, Prime will end to give way to this new line. Hopefully the line doesn't go on hiatus again like it did several times in the past, but I can't see them having three at the same time.


As far as the new wave goes it is pretty weak. Why are we getting obscure characters when the likes of Arcee, Brawn, Huffer, Shockwave and a few others have yet to see a Generations release? Especially Arcee, with all the attention she got in Prime. The Jhiaxus mold makes no sense, and even more baffling is the reuse of a deluxe size class for Nightbeat that has been retired. Supposedly. I assume the Crosscut bot from Skids's mold, Tankor, and a few others will be in wave 5?

I still cannot get over that Nightbeat using the RTS Jazz mold. I never would have saw that coming. I figured he was getting a new mold or they would reuse Bumblebee for it. If they are going this route then why not release the RTS Frenzy and Rumble that we never got?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541839)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:35am CST
sabrigami wrote:Something just doesn't look right about that picture. If this is true, I'm really shocked about Nightbeat being a Jazz repaint. I think I shall reserve judgement for when Hasbro actually shows official pics of these guys. This just doesn't feel legit to me, but what do I know?



No, that is exactly what I thought. It doesn't make sense financially for Hasbro to reuse old molds that are not part of the deluxes lines price point for the last two years. Those molds went out of use simply due to cost cutting measures. Just doesn't make sense.

I think you are on to something here. I personally do not believe these to be official until I see something from Hasbro. Anyone with a website can digibash a transformer.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541840)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:37am CST
Oh yeah these look awesome. Nightbeat especially. To hell with the crap energon hotshot exclusive. And when is arcee coming out?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541841)
Posted by El Duque on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:39am CST
This works out great for me, I was planning on skipping the Armada Starscream since I have no real connection to the character, but I'll happily pick up the Jhiaxus retool/repaint! I'll take the other two as well, at least until a third-party gives me a real Headmaster Nightbeat.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541843)
Posted by Wreckgar on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:50am CST
Down_Shift wrote:You should change the wording in the story to remolds rather than just simple repaints. I really like the look of Jhiaxus. Remolded nosecone, very G2 head, guns instead of swords. I'm digging it. Nightbeat looks good, but the Bumblebee mold would have worked way better. I like the spotlights, though I'm not sure if they are a throw back to anything to be honest. Or maybe they're magnifying glasses.

Let me know when they remold Wing Blade into Slipstream


I think Nightbeat might have used spotlights at some point near the start of Matrix Quest, though I could be wrong. Either way, I reckon they fit the character
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541848)
Posted by rpetras on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:05am CST
Nightbeat from Jazz = fail.
Nightbeat is too unique a character to reuse this mold.

Jihaxus from Armada Starscream, is OK for me, as I do not plan on picking up armada starscream, so it will be a unique mold. Kind of a stupid choice as that can be repainted/remolded into other more appropriate characters, but I'd probably skip those too, as Armada isn't my thing. I'd rather Jihaxus got a unique mold, or used a more generic mold, like Skullgrin.

Windblade is good! Not only a new mold, but a new character, and a fembot at that! I'm also expecting the Slipstream remold, and hopefully others. A fleet of fembot seekers would be pretty cool! This is one with lots of repaint potential which, in this case, works for me.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541851)
Posted by gigator39 on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:08am CST
These look super-fake. Why is Jhiaxus orange? Windblade being a (bad) drawing is also a red flag.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541856)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:36am CST
:(

The only one that had my interest was Jhiaxus, and Hasblow double-failed. Jhiaxus is a comic-only character, if I am not mistaken, so only comic book readers would know him. I understand that in the end it is just a toy for any kid who goes down the toys aisle in the store, but it would have been nice to have the proper colors on the figure. Also, Jhiaxus is the main bad guy, he should be a Voyager class at least. Honestly, I always thought a repainted Leader Class Megatron from the 2007 movie was a very good mold for Jhiaxus, they look very similar, except for the head, hands and feet. This figure, for me individually, is totally unacceptable as a representation of Jhiaxus. So far, 2014 will be about MPs and 3rd party for me.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541859)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:43am CST
I'm barely feeling Jhiaxus. I doubt I'll be replacing my Universe version for this one.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541865)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:52am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morming metting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
what are you talking about?

A) The Generations line has shown NO signs of ceasing when the movie toys come out. Keep your shirt on cuz it's going to continue.

And,

B) We knew from the very beginning that Windblade would be a Deluxe. That was set in stone long before now, ages ago. This is nothing new that has been widely accepted since.

Chill, dude.


I do have the utmost respect for you Sabrblade (you're one of the handful on this site I can say that about) and I do agree that the line shows no sign of ceasing but it does show signs of sucking. Also, we both know that once the Movie line comes out we may as well consider it a hiatus on the Generations line since every single store will get MAYBE one box of Generations figures during a 3 month span and will only put out 2 figures at a time out of that one box just to keep the peg-space available and fulfill their obligation to actually carry the line. Will any of us see these figures? pffftt...Hell no!! That's like engaging in a Snipe hunt from the back of a Unicorn.
(for those who don't know, "Snipes" don't really exist and neither do Unicorns. And guess what? Neither will the Generations line for 6 months or more)
So on that note I'm going to pick up Reluctantyouths dropped baton and run with it...

Before I start I want to say that I really hope this whole article is a hoax :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:
but on the off chance that it isn't,
WTF HASBRO??? Two repaints and a nod to a fan contest that has NOTHING to do with previously established TF history? Both Nightbeat and Jhiaxus deserve better treatment and Jhiaxus certainly deserves better than a re-paint of a mold that was basically soaked in water then thrown in the dryer on High heat setting. In fact, the only time we have gotten Jhiaxus in previous lines he's been a repaint of some other figure and NOT ONCE have any of those molds looked remotely close to how he appears in the comic books. He's a major part of TF history and I thought that's what a line like "Generations" would show some respect towards.
This Generations line is already turning into nothing more than a Universe repeat during that lines dying gasps. And no, I don't consider Classics 2.0 to be part of Universe despite what was on the packaging. Universe was dying well before Classics 2.0 began and we all know it, they just stuck a new name and some make-up on a corpse and handed it back to us same as what they are doing to us now. These figures aren't tributes...they're insults, both to the fans and to those who created the characters or been tasked with continuing the characters.

Not even going to go fully into Windblade. I was excited for the character and the comic until I saw THIS b.s. Now I could care less about it.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541867)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:03am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:(for those who don't know, "Snipes" don't really exist


Try telling that to an Ornithologist. They've classified 25 species of Snipe. Here's a Wilson's Snipe:

Image

Snipes most certainly DO exist. They're notoriously hard to actually hunt(they're camouflaged and fly erraticly, giving rise to the phrase meaning it's a fool's errand), but they're NOT fake or imaginary.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541870)
Posted by megatronus on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:11am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:I do have the utmost respect for you Sabrblade (you're one of the handful on this site I can say that about) and I do agree that the line shows no sign of ceasing but it does show signs of sucking. Also, we both know that once the Movie line comes out we may as well consider it a hiatus on the Generations line since every single store will get MAYBE one box of Generations figures during a 3 month span and will only put out 2 figures at a time out of that one box just to keep the peg-space available and fulfill their obligation to actually carry the line. Will any of us see these figures? pffftt...Hell no!! That's like engaging in a Snipe hunt from the back of a Unicorn.
(for those who don't know, "Snipes" don't really exist and neither do Unicorns. And guess what? Neither will the Generations line for 6 months or more)
So on that note I'm going to pick up Reluctantyouths dropped baton and run with it...

Before I start I want to say that I really hope this whole article is a hoax :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:
but on the off chance that it isn't,
WTF HASBRO??? Two repaints and a nod to a fan contest that has NOTHING to do with previously established TF history? Both Nightbeat and Jhiaxus deserve better treatment and Jhiaxus certainly deserves better than a re-paint of a mold that was basically soaked in water then thrown in the dryer on High heat setting. In fact, the only time we have gotten Jhiaxus in previous lines he's been a repaint of some other figure and NOT ONCE have any of those molds looked remotely close to how he appears in the comic books. He's a major part of TF history and I thought that's what a line like "Generations" would show some respect towards.
This Generations line is already turning into nothing more than a Universe repeat during that lines dying gasps. And no, I don't consider Classics 2.0 to be part of Universe despite what was on the packaging. Universe was dying well before Classics 2.0 began and we all know it, they just stuck a new name and some make-up on a corpse and handed it back to us same as what they are doing to us now. These figures aren't tributes...they're insults, both to the fans and to those who created the characters or been tasked with continuing the characters.

Not even going to go fully into Windblade. I was excited for the character and the comic until I saw THIS b.s. Now I could care less about it.

To quote Sabrblade: Chill, dude.

I'm not sure why you're hating on the Armada Starscream mold when I doubt you even have it in hand to judge it. I probably would have preferred a Darkmount/Skullgrin repaint Jhiaxus, or perhaps another mold, but until I see better pics of this, you can at least keep your hysteria in check. Same with Nightbeat - another mold might have worked better, but RTS Jazz might end up being a good choice.

As far as Windblade, to use your point about the Generations line - it doesn't have to just be historical or past Generations. It could be current ones. I'm not sure why Hasbro making good on the entire point of the fans' choice poll to create not just a character for the comics, but a toy as well, is making you froth at the mouth.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541872)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:13am CST
gigator39 wrote:These look super-fake. Why is Jhiaxus orange? Windblade being a (bad) drawing is also a red flag.


The orange is possibly based on RiD Jhiaxus, which was colored, more of less, like a pumpkin :lol: And that drawing is nothing more than a concept, due to lack of test shot or prototype. The others are photoshopped mock-ups probably.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541873)
Posted by njb902 on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:14am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote::(

The only one that had my interest was Jhiaxus, and Hasblow double-failed. Jhiaxus is a comic-only character, if I am not mistaken, so only comic book readers would know him. I understand that in the end it is just a toy for any kid who goes down the toys aisle in the store, but it would have been nice to have the proper colors on the figure. Also, Jhiaxus is the main bad guy, he should be a Voyager class at least. Honestly, I always thought a repainted Leader Class Megatron from the 2007 movie was a very good mold for Jhiaxus, they look very similar, except for the head, hands and feet. This figure, for me individually, is totally unacceptable as a representation of Jhiaxus. So far, 2014 will be about MPs and 3rd party for me.


I feel the same way about the deluxe Megatron.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541875)
Posted by megatronus on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:20am CST
As a point of reference, here's a pic of Universe/RID (not sure which) Jhiaxus:

Image


Given that Hasbro tends to homage toys while Takara tends to homage the fiction, we might get a comic-coloration once Takara reveals their Jhiaxus.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541877)
Posted by megatronus on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:23am CST
njb902 wrote:I feel the same way about the deluxe Megatron.

Same. Was so disappointed in the tiny IDW Megatron. Much, much happier with the Dreadwing redeco (I just find him straight up adorable), but even so, that mold generally could have easily been a voyager.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541882)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:52am CST
nightbeat is an easy pass i might get Jhiaxus & windblade ill wait til the actual figure shows up. Ill probably get her just because she the fan choice figure but if she total garbage i might have to pass.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541883)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:59am CST
I wish Jhiaxus had his G2 color scheme, both because that's the one I first think of and because I already have a orange-and-black jet Con (Terradive).

Nightbeat is going to be so big compared to the rest of the line...
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541887)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:20am CST
shockblast2 wrote:Sabrblade - I cannot recall a time when Hasbro ran three transformers lines such as these at the same time.
What do you mean "three"? Prime Beast Hunters is gonna end when Age of Extinction starts.

And past years have have more than one line running at a time:

2008 - Movie 1 AllSpark Power/Premium Series, Animated, Universe
2009 - Animated, Universe, Revenge of the Fallen
2010 - ROTF NEST Global Alliance, Generations, Hunt for the Decepticons, Power Core Combiners
2011 - Generations, Reveal the Shield, Power Core Combiners, Dark of the Moon, Prime First Edition (what little of it there was in the U.S.)
2012 - Prime Robots in Disguise, Dark of the Moon, Generations Fall of Cybertron, Prime First Edition (rerelease)
2013 - Prime Beast Hunters, Generations Fall of Cybertron/Thrilling 30, Prime First Edition (Deluxes rerelease)
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541888)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:21am CST
I call bull***t on this... For several reasons.

1. Every Generations release in this line has either been a new mold, or a repaint/remold of the new mold. I can't see Hasbro going back to a nearly 4-year old mold for Nightbeat. They've really been killing it with the figures in this line, this would be a bad misstep.

2. Jhiaxus' coloring looks nothing like any recent version of the character. Again, every recent toy has either been show accurate (Tankor) or comic accurate (Scoop, Armada Starscream). Not to mention that his head is off, and he has no hands.

3. Windblade isn't due until the finish of the Thrilling 30 line, from all indications and announcements by Hasbro. And if you look closely at the drawing here, she has Prime Arcee's arms (complete with the same forearm spikes, and even the same hands) and torso. Only the head, wings and legs are different. Not to mention that the head only marginally resembles the images of her we've seen so far.

4. The RTS Jazz mold is too old to use (my opinion) for a line like Thrilling 30, and they've already used it plenty, for Kick-Off, SG Longarm, G2 Jazz, United Stepper, Treadshot, Wheelie... Using it for Nightbeat would be lazy, and Hasbro has been everything BUT lazy for this line.

5. These pictures not only look digibashed, but they also don't look like the usual airbrushed, photoshopped versions of recently announced toys that Hasbro puts out when they reveal a new Wave.

My best guess is while it may be possible that this Wave is accurate, these are, essentially, made-up placeholder images. I'll wait until Hasbro or the official Transformers Facebook page releases pictures to believe one bit of this.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541889)
Posted by It Is Him on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:21am CST
Nighbeat not being it's own mold is super-disappointing, but it works, and I'll buy it.

Jhiaxus as a Starscream repaint is a frickin' great reprieve from the inevitable Thundercracker/Skywarp repaints.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541890)
Posted by leokearon on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:22am CST
Hasbro must hate Jihaxus and Nightbeat since they never had a new mold, just repaints and retools
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541892)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:36am CST
I....Don't know what to say about this other then asking why..Why did they decide to use those molds for both Nightbeat and Jiaxus? Like others said the T30 Bumblebee mold works so much better as a Nightbeat. As for Jiaxus well it's not bad but if they want to reuse that mold somehow why not give it to Pharma since unlike Jiaxus,Pharma actually looks like he can be worked as an Armada Starscream Retool. These could be just bad digibases but all the same just want to be careful.

Windblade looks cool so far. Yeah the wings are big but I think there was no avoding it. However I thought she wasn't going to be out or retail until the near end of 2014 as the last number for the Thrilling 30 line with also her own spotlight comic. Does this mean Arcee and Chromia are in another wave or maybe even left out altogether? I hate it if that happened.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541898)
Posted by Mkall on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:59am CST
I think I'll get the lot. It'll be nice to finally get that TFCC POS Nightbeat off my shelf.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541904)
Posted by Flashwave on January 14th, 2014 @ 12:46pm CST
I'm with everyone else that I would've preferred a yellow and white scheme for Jhaxius. I may have to wait and see if TakTom comes through, but I now have a reason to not buy another Starscream. Like what I can see of the head mold

I think Nightbveat got a head mold, someoene said its's the Jazz head but I think I see antennae on it. I love the spotlights, although the vehicle mord is a surprise. Jazz was a bit overused I think, It's just an excellent Jazz. The Spotlights are a great touch though, so I'll take it. I loved the idea of him using the Goldbug chassis more, but I can get ovedr that too. Sorry, TFCC< Nightbeat;s going back into his box for now...
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541915)
Posted by Rated X on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:06pm CST
This is the wave where they milk every last bit of juice from the cow before they kill it. Im happy with tfcc nightbeat and energon jhiaxus just because they are different molds that I dont have anywhere else on my shelf. Hoping for a nice fansproject nightbeat since they teased minerva.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541917)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:07pm CST
Sabrblade - You posted lines that crossed each other at retail. The point is, just as another member stated, no big box retailer like Walmart carries more than two lines at one time. Maybe TRU will, but they still have DOTM stuff. Target, Walmart, Meijer, etc will only carry two as they have always done. Just like in 2008-09, when they closed out Universe to make way for ROTF.

Your post applies to the likes of TRU only. And BTW, you cannot count PCC as it was a line created to fill the void that Generations left with the lack of a scout line like ROTF and DOTM. Nothing more than a subline, and a waste of plastic at that. If I were talking about all TF sublines, then there is currently six. Generations, Prime, Bot Shots, Kre-o, Rescue Bots and Construct Bots.

Now, if the new cartoon toyline is more like Rescue Bots, with six molds in two and a half years, then yes. But, I doubt that will be the case. If am wrong, then good. More figures for us. But, I am going off of past experience and in the past these retailers have only carried two major lines at one time. Trust me, I am hoping I am wrong. Because if not then some of the Generations stuff might suffer end of line deletion before they see the light of day. Especially the legends line, which at this point is horribly behind schedule. We should have had Cosmos and Swerve four months ago and be looking for Tailgate and Kickback at this point. We have none at this point.

BTW, I know you are a fan of this line. What do you think about this deal? Real or fake? I think it is as fake as a three dollar bill. The RTS Jazz mold cannot be in production again. Doesn't make sense. And if so, are you going to skip the figure? Yesterdays deluxe is todays voyager so I guess it could blend in with your collection if you tell yourself it is a voyager. Thoughts?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541918)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CST
Yeah, mark me down as disappointed in this Nightbeat and Jhiaxus, but still buying both. *sigh*

Oh well, I've got most of the parts I need to turn my spare Armada Jetfire into Jhiaxus, and if the trend of 3rd party Head...guys continues, we'll surely have one or two proper Nightbeat updates any day now. As awesome as that Special Ops Jazz mold seemed 3 years ago, who'd a' thunk we'd be getting such a strange variety of characters out of it back then?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541919)
Posted by njb902 on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:33pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:Sabrblade - I cannot recall a time when Hasbro ran three transformers lines such as these at the same time.
What do you mean "three"? Prime Beast Hunters is gonna end when Age of Extinction starts.

And past years have have more than one line running at a time:

2008 - Movie 1 AllSpark Power/Premium Series, Animated, Universe
2009 - Animated, Universe, Revenge of the Fallen
2010 - ROTF NEST Global Alliance, Generations, Hunt for the Decepticons, Power Core Combiners
2011 - Generations, Reveal the Shield, Power Core Combiners, Dark of the Moon, Prime First Edition (what little of it there was in the U.S.)
2012 - Prime Robots in Disguise, Dark of the Moon, Generations Fall of Cybertron, Prime First Edition (rerelease)
2013 - Prime Beast Hunters, Generations Fall of Cybertron/Thrilling 30, Prime First Edition (Deluxes rerelease)


Shouldn't we count Kreo, construct bots, bot shots, and rescue bots as well?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541920)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:34pm CST
Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. I can't say I can get behind either of those remoulds. I think the Megatron/Dreadwing mould would have been better for Jhiaxus.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541921)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CST
shockblast2 wrote:Sabrblade - You posted lines that crossed each other at retail. The point is, just as another member stated, no big box retailer like Walmart carries more than two lines at one time. Maybe TRU will, but they still have DOTM stuff. Target, Walmart, Meijer, etc will only carry two as they have always done. Just like in 2008-09, when they closed out Universe to make way for ROTF.
2010 introduced Generations, HFTD, and PCC all at once after ROTF. Those were three separate lines.

And I didn't want to bring up this next thing because it's a different kind of toyline, but since you said that standard retailers won't carry more than two lines, I feel inclined to point out that Construct-Bots is carried by all the major retailers and included within the main Transformers section of the toy aisle, putting it in with Prime Beast Hunters and Generations, making three concurrent lines all squeezed into the same section at once.

But, all of this is a digression because my original point was that Prime Beast Hunters is ending, so the only other line that Generations will be running alongside of will be AOE (and Construct-Bots). Two lines (three if you count Construct-Bots), so there's little to fret over.

shockblast2 wrote:Now, if the new cartoon toyline is more like Rescue Bots, with six molds in two and a half years, then yes. But, I doubt that will be the case.
The Rescue Bots comparison that Stephen Davis mentioned was in regards to the tone of the cartoon, rather than the model of the toyline. Twould be a very poor business decision to market a new show with so little product released at a sporadic frenquency. ;)

shockblast2 wrote:If am wrong, then good. More figures for us. But, I am going off of past experience and in the past these retailers have only carried two major lines at one time. Trust me, I am hoping I am wrong. Because if not then some of the Generations stuff might suffer end of line deletion before they see the light of day. Especially the legends line, which at this point is horribly behind schedule. We should have had Cosmos and Swerve four months ago and be looking for Tailgate and Kickback at this point. We have none at this point.
As stated above, Prime Beast Hunters will be ending to be replaced by AOE, so what other line would Generations have to compete with?

shockblast2 wrote:BTW, I know you are a fan of this line. What do you think about this deal? Real or fake? I think it is as fake as a three dollar bill. The RTS Jazz mold cannot be in production again. Doesn't make sense. And if so, are you going to skip the figure? Yesterdays deluxe is todays voyager so I guess it could blend in with your collection if you tell yourself it is a voyager. Thoughts?
Those giant lists from Hasbro's customer service system and separate listings from Walmart's computer mentioned these very figures. And with the toys seemingly becoming bigger again with Hasbro's push for simpler transformations, that gives the Jazz mold a potential out to be used again. :)
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541922)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CST
i'm not sure how everyone (including myself) missed this until now, but the site advertising this wave, is advertising it as Wave 4. That's wrong.

Wave 1
Bumblebee
Orion Pax
Megatron
Trailcutter

Wave 2
Hoist
Thundercracker

Wave 3
Skids
Waspinator
Goldfire
Dreadwing

Wave 4
Scoop w/ Holepunch and Tracer/Caliburst
Armada Starscream
Centuritron/Mini-Con Assault Team
Skywarp

So there's one more thing to add to my list that this is false information all around. Again, every one of the molds so far in the Thrilling 30/Generations line has been either new, or a repaint or remold of a character in the line already (Trailcutter/Hoist, Goldfire/Bumblebee, Dreadwing/Megatron). Using Jazz as Nightbeat just doesn't jive. Nothing about this listing seems likely.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541924)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:45pm CST
njb902 wrote:Shouldn't we count Kreo, construct bots, bot shots, and rescue bots as well?
I was only listing main line figure toylines, as Kre-O and Construct-Bots are construction-based toys, Bot Shots are battle game-based toys, and Rescue Bots are a different breed of figure toys.

Not to mention that Kre-O and Rescue Bots are over in the Construction Aisle and Playskool Aisle, respectively. :)

Click here to view an additional 130 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014