Transformers News: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 6:35AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 29,782

Japanese Online retailer Red Mercury has posted a listing of wave 4 of the 2014 Generations deluxe figures. This wave consists of 2 repaints and a new figure. Nightbeat is a remold of Reveal the Shield Jazz with spotlights and Jhiaxus is a remold of the upcoming Armada Starscream featuring new guns. The new figure in the wave is the fans choice Windblade but is only shown via line art.

Credit(s): Red Mercury
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541809)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on January 14th, 2014 @ 6:42am CST
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541810)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on January 14th, 2014 @ 6:54am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?

Haha , That's what i thought but if you get really really close the yellow part is his mouth area.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541813)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:03am CST
Autobot Genocide wrote:

I think its a digibashed image of the botcon customisation class shockwave thingy. Those door stickers remind me of another 3rd party set.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541815)
Posted by Wreckgar on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:04am CST
On paper, I don't think I would have been sold on Nightbeat from the RTS Jazz mold, but swapping the speakers for searchlights makes it an instant buy for me. Just a little conncerned about the head. Kinda looks like the standard Jazz head to me.

I'm sure I called Jhiaxus from Armada Starscream when he was first rumoured. I'm happy with that.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541817)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:16am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Autobot Genocide wrote:

The flame itself reminds me of tracks but with the blue of nightbeat makes me think of the flames on hotspot .

Edit . The head just looks like the jazz mold with the ears and you can sort of make out the Mohawk.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541818)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:21am CST
Yep, like the latest wave, the Armada Starscream wave, and the Rattrap wave, I'll be planning on getting all of these.

Liking Nightbeat. Jhiaxus needs more... Jhiaxus-y colors. Just plain orange ain't gunna cut it.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541819)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:25am CST
I am actually really looking forward to all of these, especially Nightbeat. I really dig the RTS Jazz mold and think it will fit Nightbeat well, but just realized that he will be larger than the rest of the new line since the new molds keep getting smaller. I don't mind at all, it will just be sort of funny seeing Nightbeat towering over the rest of the shelf :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541820)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:31am CST
Hmmm... Not really feeling them.. Need to see bigger pix. Not happy with Nightbeat though as I hope a 3rd party company makes a headmaster head for him or one that looks more "nightbeatish"..
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541822)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:39am CST
You should change the wording in the story to remolds rather than just simple repaints. I really like the look of Jhiaxus. Remolded nosecone, very G2 head, guns instead of swords. I'm digging it. Nightbeat looks good, but the Bumblebee mold would have worked way better. I like the spotlights, though I'm not sure if they are a throw back to anything to be honest. Or maybe they're magnifying glasses.

Let me know when they remold Wing Blade into Slipstream
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541823)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:40am CST
Pretty sure Jhiaxus is a remold of Starscream as more than just the head and deco look different, like the cockpit.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541825)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:45am CST
I'll probably only want Windblade when I see images of her. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541827)
Posted by reluctantyouth on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:59am CST
Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morning meeting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541828)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:00am CST
Boooooooooooooo! I thought we were finally getting a proper Jhiaxus. Why does Hasbro think Jhiaxus is orange? Is this supposed to be a tribute to the Universe toy? Total fail here.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541830)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:07am CST
reluctantyouth wrote:Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morming metting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
what are you talking about?

A) The Generations line has shown NO signs of ceasing when the movie toys come out. Keep your shirt on cuz it's going to continue.

And,

B) We knew from the very beginning that Windblade would be a Deluxe. That was set in stone long before now, ages ago. This is nothing new that has been widely accepted since.

Chill, dude.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541832)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:08am CST
So I guess that's a No on the Minerva Retool.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541833)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
So this is no IDW Jhiaxus. =/ I'll still buy everything.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541834)
Posted by sabrigami on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:29am CST
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541836)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:32am CST
Sabrblade - I cannot recall a time when Hasbro ran three transformers lines such as these at the same time. The movie line is a certainty and the new cartoon will be coming out in the fall. Of course, Prime will end to give way to this new line. Hopefully the line doesn't go on hiatus again like it did several times in the past, but I can't see them having three at the same time.

As far as the new wave goes it is pretty weak. Why are we getting obscure characters when the likes of Arcee, Brawn, Huffer, Shockwave and a few others have yet to see a Generations release? Especially Arcee, with all the attention she got in Prime. The Jhiaxus mold makes no sense, and even more baffling is the reuse of a deluxe size class for Nightbeat that has been retired. Supposedly. I assume the Crosscut bot from Skids's mold, Tankor, and a few others will be in wave 5?

I still cannot get over that Nightbeat using the RTS Jazz mold. I never would have saw that coming. I figured he was getting a new mold or they would reuse Bumblebee for it. If they are going this route then why not release the RTS Frenzy and Rumble that we never got?
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541839)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:35am CST
sabrigami wrote:Something just doesn't look right about that picture. If this is true, I'm really shocked about Nightbeat being a Jazz repaint. I think I shall reserve judgement for when Hasbro actually shows official pics of these guys. This just doesn't feel legit to me, but what do I know?

No, that is exactly what I thought. It doesn't make sense financially for Hasbro to reuse old molds that are not part of the deluxes lines price point for the last two years. Those molds went out of use simply due to cost cutting measures. Just doesn't make sense.

I think you are on to something here. I personally do not believe these to be official until I see something from Hasbro. Anyone with a website can digibash a transformer.
Re: Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade (1541840)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 14th, 2014 @ 8:37am CST
Oh yeah these look awesome. Nightbeat especially. To hell with the crap energon hotshot exclusive. And when is arcee coming out?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Long Haul action figure from Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 20 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Movie Edition - AUTOBOT RATCHET - Hasbro 2006 - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 52 minutes 1 second
Hasbro Transformers Armada Micro Legend Firebot Makeshift Prowl Gundam - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 38 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Grindor action figure from Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 8 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE "BUMBLEBEE & SPIKE WITWICKY" "NIB" AUTOBOT VW BEETLE - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 10 minutes 23 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-05 Megatron Decepticons Commander G1 - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 43 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Bludgeon action figure from Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 43 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee Figure and Sam New with Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 32 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory