Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand

Monday, November 11th, 2013 12:02PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,768

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

What's that you say? You like the in-package images, but you would rather see them freed from their plastic prisons? We can oblige! Well, we can for two of the four, but luckily it's the two new molds from the series, Waspinator and Skids! b8921061 of the HK-TF boards has posted the first in-hand images of the eagerly awaited duo. Enjoy the images mirrored below. Waspinator and Skids along with Goldfire and Dreadwing make up the next series of Transformers Generations Deluxes, which will hopefully be showing up at retails sooner than later.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing
Credit(s): b8921061
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529206)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
Want to see more of Takara Waspinator before I decide which to get.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529209)
Posted by Mkall on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:22pm CST
The amount of firepower Skids brings is insane for a Deluxe Autobot. Both he and Waspinator are looking very sharp.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529211)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CST
Still concerned about Skid's apparently limited shoulders. Need to see more before deciding.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529212)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CST
Waspinator's thorax is a mess, but his robot mode is simply divine.

Is Goldfire supposed to kinda look like Movie Bumblebee? The face, I mean.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529214)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:36pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Is Goldfire supposed to kinda look like Movie Bumblebee? The face, I mean.


It's based on G1 Goldbug's head:

Image

And by the by, it's based on the original head design of the G1 Bumblebee toy:

Image
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529215)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:39pm CST
Me want poor Waspinatorrrrrrrrrrrzzzz Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwzzz! Bzzzz Bzzzz :shock:

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529216)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:45pm CST
Well, that didn't take very long.

I'm still sold on these and the others.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529218)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:01pm CST
These are the only 2 hasbro figures i've wanted since Springer & Blitz i like the hasbro waspinator colours myself and i'll wait to see what takara do with skids.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529219)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:05pm CST
Those shoulders are worrisome, but I'll still get Skids. I like how his feet have the actual car wheels on the bottom and not fake ones like Hasbro has been known to do lately.

Waspinator is a pass only because I don't collect BW characters. He looks pretty good though.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529221)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CST
Why did the photographer rip off the legs of Skids and take a pic of that?
Why didn't he do the same to Waspinator, the bot that gets blown the f**k up in almost every episode he's in?

Waspinator is awesome!
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529222)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:21pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:Why did the photographer rip off the legs of Skids and take a pic of that?


I took the liberty of translating the caption, and guess what: he claims Skids has missassembled hip joints.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529223)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:22pm CST
Oh, those are so pretty. Want. So. Bad.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529226)
Posted by Gorechyld on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:45pm CST
Skids looks amazing, tho he suffers from Jazz and Wheelie clown shoe syndrome. Waspinator looks fanfreakingtastic! Only complaint my ONE complaint, they couldn't have found a way for the insect legs to fold up behind his back instead of hanging off his fore arms? Ah well, still will be getting these two. :grin:
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529230)
Posted by synapse on November 11th, 2013 @ 2:16pm CST
Wheeljack wasn't a particularly tall deluxe and Skids looks smaller in both modes. I don't like his legs hollowness either... and those shoulders worry me, too. I SO wanted to like him, but I'm less confident about this figure every time new pics show up...
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529237)
Posted by bengear on November 11th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Why did the photographer rip off the legs of Skids and take a pic of that?


I took the liberty of translating the caption, and guess what: he claims Skids has missassembled hip joints.


if you look close at the first laying down pic of skids and the second one (with the legs pulled off) you can see that he's probably reversed the hip pieces... in the first one the slot on the side is much farther back than on the second one - I think whoever did it swapped the left for the right.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529239)
Posted by Crystiallic on November 11th, 2013 @ 3:11pm CST
Wasp is gonna look nice with Rhinox.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529254)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on November 11th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CST
Few things: first, I really like this Skids fig...but, he's got some dorky clown shoes. Man are those some big-honking feet! Second does he have swivel wrists? I certainly hope so. I hate it when they leave that feature out of deluxes and up.

Thirdly, I'm not crazy about Waspy's beast mode; I wish it kinda fit together more snugly. But his robot mode is looking sweet!
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529261)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 11th, 2013 @ 5:45pm CST
Skids could certainly be better. Definitely seems to have poor shoulder articulation, and the inside of his legs are a bit of an eyesore.

Waspinator is pure perfect. Both will be bought in some form or Takara.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529268)
Posted by ILL-Star on November 11th, 2013 @ 6:37pm CST
I like these. However it's aggravating to me how the Voyager figures in this line are really good but the Deluxe class seems kind of cheap. And while they are better, the quality seems close to the relatively poor FOC Deluxe waves(Except for Starscream and Kickback).
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529281)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 11th, 2013 @ 7:49pm CST
Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.

Waspinator looks sweet too.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529283)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529286)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 11th, 2013 @ 8:04pm CST
finally, a skids thats awesome!
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529287)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 11th, 2013 @ 8:15pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.

Waspinator looks sweet too.

dont worry it will come soon enough
dont forget about the rest of the mini bot cars
it be nice to see the rest of them made
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529312)
Posted by Mkall on November 12th, 2013 @ 12:40am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)

You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics :P
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529324)
Posted by Mykltron on November 12th, 2013 @ 5:14am CST
See? I said Skids had really limited shoulders but did anyone believe me? Oh no, and now you're all "I don't like the shoulders". It is annoying though, with all that firepower he'd make a great addition.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529329)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2013 @ 7:11am CST
Mkall wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)

You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics :P
Guess something has to be after the Classicverse was destroyed. :-B
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529335)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 7:45am CST
"You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics"


LOL....no its not. That line is dead and this guy taking a pic next to the dead line proves it. That skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids, save the colors. Neither did IDW Hoist or Trailbreaker. To complete your "CHUG" collection you are going to have to either custom your own figures or go 3pt.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529336)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 7:52am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)




Six months ago you were running your mouth about how these were the new classics as well. So, are you trolling or did you genuinely change your mind?
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529338)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2013 @ 7:55am CST
shockblast2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)




Six months ago you were running your mouth about how these were the new classics as well. So, are you trolling or did you genuinely change your mind?
Oh, they're not Classics, yes, but they are still a new kind of G1. "G1" is not limited to just the original cartoon or the 1980s era. If you would just read the IDW comics, you would know this instead of mistaking these for Aligned toys (which they aren't, since the Aligned portion of Generations is dead too).
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529343)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:05am CST
Aligned is dead? LOL!

Really?


Your kidding, right?


Never would have thought that when I bought FOC Thundercracker just a month ago and the FACT that FOC Skywarp is due for a March 2014 release.

Your delusional.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529344)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:06am CST
I am not going to waste my time. Call them what you want. What I observe is a handful of you cannot get over your Classics problem. You think every figure is Classics. I guarantee you that some of you will be shoehorning in TF4 dinobots into your CHUG collection. Am I wrong? LOL......I am right. I know how you operate.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529346)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:09am CST
shockblast2 wrote:Aligned is dead? LOL!

Really?


Your kidding, right?
Only for Generations it is. Prime Beast Hunters, Rescue Bots, and Platinum Edition, however, are still going. :D


shockblast2 wrote:Never would have thought that when I bought FOC Thundercracker just a month ago and the FACT that FOC Skywarp is due for a March 2014 release.
IDW Thundercracker and Skywarp borrowed the designs of their Aligned counterparts. Again, if you read the comics, you'd know this.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529348)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:15am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)


I should've said G1 cars. When I think Classicverse, I tend to think of that whole CHUG line, not specifically the Classicverse from the comics.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529349)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:16am CST
shockblast2 wrote:Aligned is dead? LOL!

Really?


Your kidding, right?


Never would have thought that when I bought FOC Thundercracker just a month ago and the FACT that FOC Skywarp is due for a March 2014 release.

Your delusional.

Nope sorry, but he's right, the Aligned portion of the Generations line is dead for now, it'll likely come back late next year/ early 2015 with the next installment of the Aligned video games.
For now it's idw, with a bit of Movie 4 preview thrown in next year.

That THundercracker is not FOC, as you where told earlier it's idw G1 Thundercracker.
Skywarp is a Takara release, and therefore not part of the actual Generations line and therefore not relevant to this discussion.

Also, it's "you're delusional".
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529351)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:19am CST
Dead Metal wrote:Skywarp is a Takara release, and therefore not part of the actual Generations line and therefore not relevant to this discussion.
He's referring to Hasbro Skywarp coming next year.

Image
Image

But thanks for the help DM. :D
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529353)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:35am CST
shockblast2 wrote:Never would have thought that when I bought FOC Thundercracker just a month ago and the FACT that FOC Skywarp is due for a March 2014 release.
IDW Thundercracker and Skywarp borrowed the designs of their Aligned counterparts. Again, if you read the comics, you'd know this.[/quote]



I did read the comic that came with my figure. The IDW Thundercracker looks NOTHING like FOC Thundercracker. Hasbro is just too cheap to create a new mold for it, so they used the FOC Starscream mold. Which is good for aligned fans, because it keeps the line going until the TF3 game comes out, whatever it will be called.

Classics is dead. Hasbro killed it when they went to the new size classes. That is why they hooked up with IDW in the first place. as a new outlet for their new "g1" figure line. At least for now. Personally, I hope it continues because I like the new figures. Unless you want to go 3pt you are screwed on getting figures to fill your holes. And if I collected Classics figures that is exactly what I would do. Either that or custom your own.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529354)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:37am CST
LOL....six months later and the same two goons are going on about their G1 crap. Just can't get over it, can you? Keep telling yourselves whatever you want. You, and the few others that creep around this site just waiting for someone like me to say something like I said so you can jump all over it. I have seen your other posts in other threads and that is all you two do in the comments sections. Rail people for having a different opinion about these than you have. Pretty lame.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529356)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:40am CST
Mykltron wrote:See? I said Skids had really limited shoulders but did anyone believe me? Oh no, and now you're all "I don't like the shoulders". It is annoying though, with all that firepower he'd make a great addition.




I remember your post when you said that and I thought the same thing after you said it. The shoulders are probably on very small ball joints with small extensions. Makes him look like he is shrugging his shoulders all the time. Oh well. At least it is a new figure and not another Bumblebee or Optimus.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529357)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:42am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.

Waspinator looks sweet too.




I thin these are due on shelves in December with the two voyagers. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I would expect to see them next month sometime.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529359)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 12th, 2013 @ 9:04am CST
shockblast2 wrote:LOL....six months later and the same two goons are going on about their G1 crap. Just can't get over it, can you?

Six months ago I believe refers to you confusing idw Springer for FOC Springer and causing a huge and annoying argument in that review thread. Or was it Trailcutter? No idea, was hilarious to read anyway.
Sorry, but I wasn't around then.
Goon is also pretty hilarious coming from
And sorry again, the Gernations line is versatile and includes figures representing many different characters from different continuities, by either updating their designs or making very faithful representations of them.
The Universe line did something similar, just they labeled each character according to the line they're from.
While Generations goes about it differently and does it in waves. Currently the wave is idw's G1 comics, but because it's also the 3oth anniversary some of the designs are borrowed from different continuities, while still technically representing the idw G1 incarnation.

Keep telling yourselves whatever you want.

I can say the same about you, only difference is we're saying it because it's the way it is. Nobody is stopping anybody from using whatever the hell they want in their personal collection, and Classics collection. I re-purposed quite a few toys for my Classics collection when I was still collecting classics.
You, and the few others that creep around this site just waiting for someone like me to say something like I said so you can jump all over it. I have seen your other posts in other threads and that is all you two do in the comments sections. Rail people for having a different opinion about these than you have. Pretty lame.

And that's different from you in which way? From what I can tell it was you who attacked Sabrblade and started with the hostilities, while not understanding what he said.
Oh and if you think that's all I do on the forums, well then you haven't read any of my posts have you.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529367)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
shockblast2 wrote:I did read the comic that came with my figure.
Reading one standalone issue does not grant one an understanding of 8 years worth of comics.

You previously admitted to not having read the IDW comics, so who are you to say what these figures are or aren't?

shockblast2 wrote:The IDW Thundercracker looks NOTHING like FOC Thundercracker. Hasbro is just too cheap to create a new mold for it, so they used the FOC Starscream mold. Which is good for aligned fans, because it keeps the line going until the TF3 game comes out, whatever it will be called.
This is how Thundercracker currently looks in the comic, which, as the authors and artists have admitted to, is based on the same body-type as the WFC/FOC Seeker design.

Image
Image
Image

Even if the color layout is a bit different between the game character and the comic character, the body-type design is nevertheless the same, regardless of artistic liberties.

shockblast2 wrote:Classics is dead. Hasbro killed it when they went to the new size classes.
Yup.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529369)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 12th, 2013 @ 10:28am CST
shockblast2 wrote:LOL....six months later and the same two goons are going on about their G1 crap. Just can't get over it, can you? Keep telling yourselves whatever you want. You, and the few others that creep around this site just waiting for someone like me to say something like I said so you can jump all over it. I have seen your other posts in other threads and that is all you two do in the comments sections. Rail people for having a different opinion about these than you have. Pretty lame.


Seems like you're frequently flame-baiting or trolling.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529376)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 12th, 2013 @ 11:16am CST
Lol, just actually really looked at Skids, have no interest in him so I only looked at Waspinator, and he looks terrible.
I mean look at him, he looks like a Commander scale figure that's been bumped up to Deluxe. the Details are all washed out and dulled, the hollow parts ruin the detailing and complex design, his chest isn't as sharp and broad as in the comic, plus his shoulders suck.

A shame really, because the design looks damn cool in the comics.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529380)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 11:37am CST
No, I rarely post here, like many others. Why? Because of people like these two goons. There is no profit in arguing with people who only see things their way to the point that they cannot allow another opinion to be made that contradicts their view. You guys argue about the most ridiculous things that I have ever seen on a site like this. Last week I came here and you all were venomously ranting about Hasbros legends line because they are not scout sized. Even Sabrblade there has "god of transformers" on his title because people like him think that their OPINION is the rule and law of collecting. Only to him and the few cronies that follow his opinion. I proved this six months ago when he and I had a baited exchange about this very issue just so I could prove what I already suspected. As for the rest of us, we stay silent in the background, shaking our collective heads, and thinking "wow, glad I am not obsessed with transformers like these guys". Liking this kind of thing is ok, but you all's nerd rage over the g1 issue is a real turn off for casual posters like myself.
I posted my OP today because I wanted to see if the same reaction still exists here six months later. And pathetically it does. And it is the SAME five or so of you that are still at it. Pretty weak. Just let people have their opinions, like you have yours. Anyone who knows anything about business will tell you Hasbro keeps these things ambiguous on purpose to sell as many figures as possible. And this is the final point I made when I posted this discussion six months ago, but some of you have conveniently forgot about that.
And to set the record straight, I did not start this. Sabrblade ran his mouth (again) because someone else had a different opinion about Skids than he did. That is why I posted in the first place. And it is not just this post. Randomly I saw some other random member telling him to "suck it" anonymously on an unrelated post. Why? Because the guy can't just let people have their opinions. Dead Metal is just as bad. Kinda makes me wonder if these guys are either married or the same person.
Did you see me bash the G1 guy for his opinion? NO. Just Sabrblade when he did it to that guy first. I figured what is good for the anon is good for him. The point is this kind of aggressive trolling is why most of us never post here. Look at your post counts. I did the math. you both post 6 or more a day average for the last 6 years. Me? 0.14 per day. Why is that? Because of people like you two who cannot stop running your mouths for ten seconds to allow others to post their opinions w/o you rebutting. It is unprofitable to argue with people about silliness such as this. And yet again you have proved this out for me. See you in six months.

My personal opinion is that you two (Sabrblade & Dead Metal), like me at one time, need to check into the Anti-Nerd rage coalition rehab center. They will remove all that TF animosity from your minds. They did me, and I worked my way up the ladder to become its current CEO. You too are always welcome to become a reformed nerd rager. We will cure you of your geewunitis and you will come back to the forums a more civilized and open minded poster in the future. Think about it.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529382)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 11:50am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Do we still have to wait until January for these because I need Skids now. He's the last of the Classicverse Autobot cars.
Tis a shame that this is IDWverse. ;)


I should've said G1 cars. When I think Classicverse, I tend to think of that whole CHUG line, not specifically the Classicverse from the comics.




Are you using Skids as your Classics Skids? When I collected G1 classics stuff, to fill his hole I customed him from a RTS Jazz. Worked pretty good and he looked good too. Ended up selling it for a pretty good amount of cash on ebay a few years ago. If you can custom this is the route I would go. I did a Hoist and Trailbreaker too, from GEN Kup, and I think I used FOC Soundwave as Blaster. Kinda shoehorned him, but there were no good options at the time.

Call them what you want. The god of transformers there is not the final line in term designation. I think Skids would make a good Classics fill in IF you can't custom your own. And the 3pt has never touched him to my knowledge. Truth be told I actually agree with the thought that these new classics are the new classics. But, they can be aligned or G1 classics too if that is what you want. I can see a little bit of each continuity in these new figures. But, that is just my OP. I am not the god of transformers or anything.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529384)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 12th, 2013 @ 11:59am CST
shockblast2 wrote:No, I rarely post here, like many others. Why? Because of people like these two goons. There is no profit in arguing with people who only see things their way to the point that they cannot allow another opinion to be made that contradicts their view. You guys argue about the most ridiculous things that I have ever seen on a site like this. Last week I came here and you all were venomously ranting about Hasbros legends line because they are not scout sized. Even Sabrblade there has "god of transformers" on his title because people like him think that their OPINION is the rule and law of collecting. Only to him and the few cronies that follow his opinion. I proved this six months ago when he and I had a baited exchange about this very issue just so I could prove what I already suspected. As for the rest of us, we stay silent in the background, shaking our collective heads, and thinking "wow, glad I am not obsessed with transformers like these guys". Liking this kind of thing is ok, but you all's nerd rage over the g1 issue is a real turn off for casual posters like myself.
I posted my OP today because I wanted to see if the same reaction still exists here six months later. And pathetically it does. And it is the SAME five or so of you that are still at it. Pretty weak. Just let people have their opinions, like you have yours. Anyone who knows anything about business will tell you Hasbro keeps these things ambiguous on purpose to sell as many figures as possible. And this is the final point I made when I posted this discussion six months ago, but some of you have conveniently forgot about that.
And to set the record straight, I did not start this. Sabrblade ran his mouth (again) because someone else had a different opinion about Skids than he did. That is why I posted in the first place. And it is not just this post. Randomly I saw some other random member telling him to "suck it" anonymously on an unrelated post. Why? Because the guy can't just let people have their opinions. Dead Metal is just as bad. Kinda makes me wonder if these guys are either married or the same person.
Did you see me bash the G1 guy for his opinion? NO. Just Sabrblade when he did it to that guy first. I figured what is good for the anon is good for him. The point is this kind of aggressive trolling is why most of us never post here. Look at your post counts. I did the math. you both post 6 or more a day average for the last 6 years. Me? 0.14 per day. Why is that? Because of people like you two who cannot stop running your mouths for ten seconds to allow others to post their opinions w/o you rebutting. It is unprofitable to argue with people about silliness such as this. And yet again you have proved this out for me.
See you in six more months.

Lol. The "god of Transformers" thing is due to the post count, you start of as Mini-con and then every mile stone you get a different title.
And I have a high post count for multiple reasons:

I used to be a news-mod and therefore posted news stories, I also had to check in quite often to find news-worthy stuff.
And I genuinely enjoy posting on here since I don't get the chance to talk with other Transformers fans IRL.
And when have I ever attacked someone for their opinions, well save Rated X and Swindle?

We'll see you sooner than six months, you might not post as often as us, but you've never been gone for six months.

Plus you just enjoy flame bating and pointing the finger at people too much, after all, everything you directed at me and Sabrblade is actually true for yourself. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529395)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 12th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CST
TF Continuity gives me headaches.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529396)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 12th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CST
This is a rather silly debate. Obviously the Classics line is long over, but Generations is just the latest line to include modern renditions of G1 characters, which was the original purpose of Classics.

While Skids' design clearly came from the IDW comics, it's just as valid to include him in a 'Classics' collection as it is any of the previous Universe or Generations figures. IDW has a long history of using toy designs in the comics. Just look at Classics Jetfire, who showed up in Stormbringer and is widely embraced as Classics Jetfire (because he is), but also not disqualified because he happened to appear in the comics. By that logic, Skids is as valid an inclusion in a 'Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations' collection as any figure in those past lines.

Really, your collection can be what you want it to be. I have no modern version of Skids in my collection yet, so he's going to be my 'Classics' Skids, unless I later decide that I want to split the IDW-inspired figures into their own seperate display, but I doubt I will. So yeah, he's as good a 'Classics' Skids as a Universe or previous Generations figure would be. Heck, I even include certain Reveal the Shield and Hunt for the Decepticons figures in mine because I feel they fit the aesthetic of a modern G1-inspired collection. Just do what you want with your own collection, there's no point debating the semantics of what figures fit in a loosely-defined category or letting other people's opinions dictate your collection.
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529403)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2013 @ 1:23pm CST
shockblast2 wrote:Last week I came here and you all were venomously ranting about Hasbros legends line because they are not scout sized.
Which Legends? :???:

shockblast2 wrote:Even Sabrblade there has "god of transformers" on his title because people like him think that their OPINION is the rule and law of collecting.
Like Dead Metal said, that title comes from my post count. I didn't choose that title. I started as a Mini-Con and worked my way up just like everyone else.

Psycho Warrior, The Happy Locust, Shadowman, Tammuz, Predaprince, Tigertrack, Auto Bot, Rodimus Prime, Darth Bombshell, Mkall, JelZe GoldRabbit, Dead Metal, Casual Matt, Arc the ZAKO, 1337W422102, Blurrz, Raymond T., Redimus GTS, i_amtrunks, steve2275, Maximus Prime, Abrogate, and Chosen all hold this same title as myself, and many of them have far more posts than I could ever hope to have.

This is how the post count ranking system works for us ordinary users:
Mini-Con 0
Micromaster 50
Minibot 100
Fuzor 200
Vehicon 300
Combiner 400
Headmaster Junior 500
Targetmaster 600
Pretender 700
Transmetal Warrior 800
Gestalt Team Leader 900
Headmaster 1000
Brainmaster 1250
Godmaster 1500
Gestalt 2000
City Commander 3000
Faction Commander 4000
Guardian Of Seibertron 5000
Matrix Keeper 7500
God Of Transformers 10000

shockblast2 wrote:And to set the record straight, I did not start this. Sabrblade ran his mouth (again) because someone else had a different opinion about Skids than he did. That is why I posted in the first place. And it is not just this post. Randomly I saw some other random member telling him to "suck it" anonymously on an unrelated post. Why? Because the guy can't just let people have their opinions.
As it evidently wasn't clear, I was joking around with RiddlerJ, and Mkall's retort was a joke aimed at me, and then I joked back with him. We joke around a lot here. It's in the official welcome to the site: "WARNING: Seibertron Contains Nuts. :P " ;)

shockblast2 wrote:Did you see me bash the G1 guy for his opinion? NO. Just Sabrblade when he did it to that guy first. I figured what is good for the anon is good for him.
Mkall is far from a mere "anon".

shockblast2 wrote:The point is this kind of aggressive trolling is why most of us never post here. Look at your post counts. I did the math. you both post 6 or more a day average for the last 6 years. Me? 0.14 per day. Why is that?
Cuz we like and enjoy this community and want to continue to be an active part of it?

shockblast2 wrote:My personal opinion is that you two (Sabrblade & Dead Metal), like me at one time, need to check into the Anti-Nerd rage coalition rehab center. They will remove all that TF animosity from your minds. They did me, and I worked my way up the ladder to become its current CEO. You too are always welcome to become a reformed nerd rager. We will cure you of your geewunitis and you will come back to the forums a more civilized and open minded poster in the future. Think about it.
Cool story, bro. ;)^

By the way, your original observations of Trailcutter are what inspired me to create this editorial wondering if the meaning of the term "CHUG" has become obsolete. And I say that with no ill will, but with sincerity and I thank you for it. :D
Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator and Skids In-Hand (1529409)
Posted by RhA on November 12th, 2013 @ 1:54pm CST
Waspinator looks sharp. Skids... Well... Blah. I'll buy him anyway. Because I have no modern Skids either.

Click here to view an additional 79 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014