Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 8:00PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,847

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has just listed pre-orders for the previously announced Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Series three featuring Crosscut, Rattrap, and Tankor. These guys are scheduled to arrive April.

What's really interesting though is a listing for Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Series 5, which apparently includes Arcee and Chromia! No images are included on the pre-order, and they are oddly scheduled to arrive in March. Of course these arrival dates are subject to change.

No sign of series 4 at the moment.

1x TRA GENERATIONS DLX TANKOR
1x TRA GENERATIONS DLX CROSSCUT
1x TRA GENERATIONS DLX RATTRAP

1x TRA GENERATIONS DLX ARCEE
1x TRA GENERATIONS DLX CHROMIA
Credit(s): BBTS
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545958)
Posted by sabrigami on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:25pm CST
Wonderful news! :APPLAUSE: So glad to have Arcee confirmed. Only bad news is no single Crosscut preorder. Guess I can't have it all
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545961)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:37pm CST
This is amazing. I hope NY Toy Fair will give us a look at these in a few weeks.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545962)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:41pm CST
Interesting to say the least. If they do up a solid car mode for Arcee, I might not have to go with the 3rd party guys, and my wallet will be happier. I wonder if they would try to do a repaint for them though... Who would they repaint HMMMmmmm... Scoop?

Got my tankor and rattrap orders in. Wasn't going to get Rattrap at first, but after rewatching some beastwars, it reminds me of how awesome the show was, and how sweet it will be to have Generations figures commemorating them.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545966)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 28th, 2014 @ 8:53pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545969)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:06pm CST
Please be a new mold
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545971)
Posted by megatronus on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:08pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:Don't get too excited folks. All we have are confirmation of names. As we have already seen they are not at all opposed to giving us repaints (which I expect both of these to be) or underwhelming molds. If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN! Generations started strong and has slowly gone downhill and the fact that the 30th Anniv. is here doesn't seem to matter to them one bit. >:oP

I don't know what you've been buying, but the post-FOC Generations toys have by and large been fantastic.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545973)
Posted by xyl360 on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CST
megatronus wrote:

Agreed, and have there actually been any repaints in any of those recent releases (and I mean repaints of older Generations etc. figures, not repaints of the new molds like Hoist and Trailbreaker etc.)? I'm pretty much certain that this will be a new mold and because of what they've been doing with Generations and the IDW comics, she'll be based on whatever her appearance is currently in IDW (I don't know because I don't read them) so if she's a bike in the comics, the toy will be a bike and if she's a car, then she'll be a car.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545975)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:21pm CST
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

SO glad to get almost-official confirmation of these two. I know I'm not the only one alone in saying that I've been waiting 29 years to get toys of these two (well, 29 years since Chromia showed up). I HOPE they're mostly G1 inspired, and I have high hopes for that, if [spoiler]Chromia's appearance in the most recent issue of the IDW comics[/spoiler] is any indication.

And although I don't hold out a lot of hope, I do hope anyway, that they'll be retooled into other fembots: Elita One, Moonracer, Firestar, Greenlight, Lancer, Glyph....though if that came to pass, I would think they'd be Botcon figures.

Still....

FEMBOT TOYS!!!!
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545976)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:23pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545983)
Posted by xyl360 on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:44pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:I believe the 3rd party mmc arcee has her current idw car mode, so Hasbro would be going up against that.

Aha, unless the Hasbro version absolutely sucks, I foresee a LOT of MMC preorders getting cancelled soon (assuming it's up for preorder already). I know some (like myself) already complained about the head, so if Has/Tak do theirs even better then MMC may cancel their version.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545985)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:45pm CST
Here's hoping they are two totally different molds.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545989)
Posted by Burn on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:48pm CST

Sig quoting this and holding you to it. Oh and you're paying the freight to Australia.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545990)
Posted by xyl360 on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:55pm CST
Burn wrote:

:lol: yep, and after seeing what's been going on with the Thrilling 30/Generations (Springer, Blitzwing, Rhinox, Waspinator, Skids, Scoop, Starscream, Trailbreaker/Hoist, Tankor, Rattrap etc. etc.) I'd easily take that bet as well. She's going to look like she does currently in the IDW comics. So if what I hear about IDW right now is true, then she's going to be pink and she's going to be a car and she's going to be very 'G1'.

It makes me glad I've held out so long without snagging any of the third party G1 style Arcees.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545991)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:01pm CST
I'm intrigued as to what T-Macksimus means by "AGAIN". Anyone have an idea what he's talking about?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545992)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:02pm CST
Damn double post. That's the 2nd page error I've gotten today.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545993)
Posted by Blasphemous Prime on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:06pm CST
Hopefully, no bikes this time. I'm sick to death of that.

I'd like to see Arcee resemble her G1 self. even the IDW or FOC versions wouldn't be bad. and let's make her in the right colors this time.

Fingers are crossed.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1545997)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:14pm CST
Reposting since it's become more relevant:
Sabrblade wrote:Also, here's a good idea as to what Arcee's toy might look like:

Based on the design of WFC Arcee:

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1546001)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:21pm CST
A slightly different IDW vehicle mode.

I thought I remembered seeing her looking more like the MMC version. Guess not?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1546022)
Posted by Seibertron on January 28th, 2014 @ 11:21pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Series 5 to Include Arcee and Chromia (1546026)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 28th, 2014 @ 11:39pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Anyone else find it odd that two female figures are going to come in a case together, and multiple copies of each one? It's a very poor case assortment. Hopefully it doesn't lead to massive shelf warmers and no female Transformers for 10 years!

It won't! I'll buy them all up!! so glad I recently sold my third party one recently. feeling pretty smug about it! :D

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial