Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images

Monday, May 13th, 2013 8:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,102

Courtesy of the Allspark Facebook page, we have some more images in the revived streak of test shots! This time, it's a remold of Generations IDW Megatron, in the form of G2 Dreadwing. Images mirrored below, for those of you without Facebook access.

Transformers Generations Deluxe Dradwing Test Shot Images

Transformers Generations Deluxe Dradwing Test Shot Images

Transformers Generations Deluxe Dradwing Test Shot Images
Credit(s): Allspark Facebook

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486930)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 13th, 2013 @ 8:51am CDT
Nice, looks spot on to G2 Dreadwing. Cue the repaints!
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486934)
Posted by njb902 on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
Most excellent, I can't wait to see the finished paint scheme.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486935)
Posted by njb902 on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
Double post, stupid phone browser!
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486936)
Posted by njb902 on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:36am CDT
Sigh triple post.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486937)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT

All good things come to those who wait. 8)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486939)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:All good things come to those who wait. 8)

He also appears to die in the first pages of RiD #17.

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486940)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
Cool! I might just pass on Megatron for this guy, seeing as I already have a Megatron for my Neo-G1 collection. I hope they do a version in Skyquake/RiD Dreadwind colors.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486941)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486943)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 13th, 2013 @ 10:23am CDT
I love the head, but the mold's proportions don't really fit. Also I'd like a BB out of this mold
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486945)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 10:39am CDT
I like the mold as Megatron, but I've already got enough Classics Megatron's on the shelves. If they actually manage to release Dreadwing, I'll be all over it.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486951)
Posted by Rated X on May 13th, 2013 @ 11:03am CDT
I like it better than the Megatron version. But with without his little partner, whats the point ? Ill buy it, but Im kind of happy with my blue mindwipe and smokescreen.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486956)
Posted by leokearon on May 13th, 2013 @ 11:41am CDT
Lame.
Where is His illin' Gatling gun?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486959)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
leokearon wrote:Lame.
Where is His illin' Gatling gun?

Probably with Fall of Cybertron Soundwave's handheld weapon.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486967)
Posted by RhA on May 13th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
Hasbro, you're making it up to us, aren't you?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486971)
Posted by Cybertronus on May 13th, 2013 @ 12:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486973)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 12:32pm CDT
Rated X wrote: But with without his little partner, whats the point ?

I'm almost positive some third party company will create a Legends-sized Generation 2 Smokescreen.

Cybertronus wrote:I'm curious about one thing. I don't follow the comics but can anyone tell me why he has the same body Megatron had?

Umm...

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486974)
Posted by Mkall on May 13th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486976)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I have G2 Dreadwing in my classics collection and it works quite well. I may be passing on this figure if I'm able.

I'm sorry Mkall, I had to do this.

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486980)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 13th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CDT
I'm still kinda bummed that this figure is a deluxe, so I may (reluctantly) skip Megatron and get Dreadwing.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486983)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

I'm sorry Mkall, I had to do this.

:lol:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486987)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 13th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Hey, Va'al...um...Dradwing?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486992)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Hey, Va'al...um...Dradwing?

Already corrected in News Post.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1486999)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:39pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:Hey, Va'al...um...Dradwing?

Already corrected in News Post.

Yep, I did that as soon as it went up.

Forgot about the thread title, though! #-o
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487007)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
Oh man to pick him up or Megatron or both....decisions decisions. :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487134)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 13th, 2013 @ 9:18pm CDT

Good man. Good choice if you ask me. This is sweet though, for those who don't own the G2 version (which has it's flaws, but has superior size and overall oldschool kickass-ness)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487160)
Posted by Henry921 on May 13th, 2013 @ 10:07pm CDT
Sold.

Damn it, Hasbro, why must you keep making such awesome retools this year? They're usually so easy to pass up...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487167)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 13th, 2013 @ 10:21pm CDT
I couldn't decide whether to say "awesome sauce" or "sweet action", so just pick your fave. :lol:

I am totally on board for this. I want Megs, but this toy is too small for that character. But Dreadwing can be on of Darkmount Straxus' minions on my shelf.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487196)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 14th, 2013 @ 12:40am CDT
The Thrilling 30 line is showing much promise. I've already my eye on seven of it's figures, and I already own one.

Dreadwing's looking much better than Megatron.

Thank you, Hasbro, for bringing misery to my wallet once again. =P~
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487475)
Posted by Cybertronus on May 15th, 2013 @ 5:50am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote: But with without his little partner, whats the point ?

Umm...

So helpfull #-o
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487484)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 15th, 2013 @ 7:11am CDT
The Megs mold looks pretty good, But that was not exactly A Megs I needed for my classics shelf.

Passing on Megs to get Dreadwing. :D
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487865)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 16th, 2013 @ 8:23pm CDT
You know...You might be able to get a kick-ass looking BW Depth-charge from this mold...

Might being the keyword here.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487871)
Posted by craggy on May 16th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487888)
Posted by RAcast on May 16th, 2013 @ 10:03pm CDT
craggy wrote:I like the colours on Megatron better than Dreadwind. Maybe have to see the final product. I love the "energon lines" on the Megs.

You -DO- realize that this is a test shot right? Y'know, cast in generic colors? It's a prototype, in other words.

Cybertronus wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote: But with without his little partner, whats the point ?

Umm...

So helpfull #-o

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487894)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 16th, 2013 @ 10:19pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Go check out G2 Dreadwing and then come back and ask why they're doing this retool. ;)
I think and in-fiction reason was being asked, since Megatron's body was supposed to be this big unique, one-of-a-kind special body.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487896)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 16th, 2013 @ 10:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Dreadwing apparently dies in a comic? Maybe Megatron's new body came from the salvaged remains? Will that theory hold water?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487897)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 16th, 2013 @ 10:32pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Did he die before or after Megs got his own body?

Haven't read it yet, so I wouldn't know.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487940)
Posted by Va'al on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Did he die before or after Megs got his own body?

Haven't read it yet, so I wouldn't know.

After, I'm afraid. He appears to die in the first three pages of RiD 17, at the hands of Shockwave.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1487973)
Posted by craggy on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:11am CDT
RAcast wrote:

yeah, I do. I also realise they'll probably make it in a bland, blue colour like Deadwind's recent appearance in the comics.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1490495)
Posted by Cybertronus on May 27th, 2013 @ 6:18am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Exactly. I was talking about the comic books not the toy. So G2 Dreadwing has nothing to do with the question I made :D
Since I don't read the comics and I0ve seen some images of both Megs and Dreadwing having the same body in the COMICS I asked out of curiosity. And no! MAGIC is not either a cool answer or a smart one. If you don't have anything interesting to say just say nothing at all >:oP

Thanks for those who tried to actually answer my question