Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 10:53PM CDT

Categories: Auctions, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,650

Thanks to an eBay auction by toyssir8982009 we get a look at the test shot for Hasbro's upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Bumblebee. The figure is based on Bumblebee's appearance in recent IDW comics and will come packed with Transformers Spotlight: Bumblebee later this year. Check out the mirrored images below.

Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot

Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot

Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot
Credit(s): toyssir8982009
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483503)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:05pm CDT
O hai, Glyph. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483509)
Posted by Blozor on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:17pm CDT
How long before a Third Party company comes with the cane accessory Hasbro made a boneheaded error in forgetting?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483510)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:19pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483512)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:27pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Is this one different then the IDW Bumblebee we were shown with trailcutter, Orion Pax, and Megs? I remember that one having door wings...

More likely that it's just mistransformed.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483514)
Posted by RAcast on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:41pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

More likely that it's just mistransformed.

They swung them inside the shoulder kibble, which looks a bit weird if you notice, but if you're not a door wing person, you've got a place to hide them. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483516)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:55pm CDT
its a really good mold, just a shame its a bumblebee. if it gets a repaint i will buy that.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483520)
Posted by njb902 on May 1st, 2013 @ 12:19am CDT
I hate that I like this figure, cause the last thing I need is another bumblebee :sad:

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483522)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 1st, 2013 @ 12:39am CDT
With all the new toys coming out including our first Orion Pax, you'd think Hasbro would get to making a voyager class Cosmos.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483523)
Posted by Henry921 on May 1st, 2013 @ 12:47am CDT
Am I the only one who dislikes the 'tail' piece hanging down from the back?

Literally the only thing that holds me back from buying it, that awkward bit. Well, that and I've never really liked IDW Bumblebee.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483525)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 1st, 2013 @ 1:40am CDT
Its kind of eye catching. If they made a hinge on that kibble part thats preventing him for sitting down, lml. But the mold reminds me of dotm deluxe soundwave. Almost the same soulders and that kibble.

Design a hinge for figures like this in the future.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483526)
Posted by devilmayevil on May 1st, 2013 @ 1:42am CDT
I don't like his face attention, sympathy does not look as before, with a somewhat evil :roll:

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483527)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 1st, 2013 @ 1:48am CDT
This kibble mold doesn't deserve to be the Warrior Bumblebee.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483534)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 1st, 2013 @ 3:21am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:O hai, Glyph. ;)

:APPLAUSE:

I'd LOVE a deluxe Glyph from this mold...it would be very cool of Hasbro to bring more obscure and Botcon/convention exclusive characters into wider canon. Kind of like how Prime Flamewar was that universe's version of Botcon Flamewar.

My one wish for this year's Generations line is to see a G1-esque Arcee that with slight remolds/repaints could be turned into the other G1 fembots.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483541)
Posted by Handels-Messerschmitt on May 1st, 2013 @ 4:41am CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:This kibble mold doesn't deserve to be the Warrior Bumblebee.

Stuff that is kibble on this mold: that little butt cape.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483544)
Posted by Mykltron on May 1st, 2013 @ 5:08am CDT
Looks to me like the shoulders parts will hinder poseability.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483549)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 1st, 2013 @ 6:41am CDT
need to see it colored. but looking good so far
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483554)
Posted by RAcast on May 1st, 2013 @ 7:05am CDT
Henry921 wrote:Am I the only one who dislikes the 'tail' piece hanging down from the back?

No worse than every Starscream ever sports. :lol:

Mykltron wrote:Looks to me like the shoulders parts will hinder poseability.

As I said on the first page, it's mistransformed. ;) They swung the door wings inside the shoulder kibble.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483581)
Posted by CR71Autobot on May 1st, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
Must have....
Anyone know when he's coming out?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483603)
Posted by warzon3 on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:46am CDT
I think they are coming out this Summer July/August?

I like the mold a lot better now than some of the images we saw from Toyfair.

If you can hide the door wings, and with the fake hood for a chest, give it a new head: this would be an awesome Windcharger....
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483607)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:58am CDT
warzon3 wrote:I think they are coming out this Summer July/August?

I like the mold a lot better now than some of the images we saw from Toyfair.

Actually that's a really good idea, now I want a Windcharger...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483619)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 1st, 2013 @ 11:33am CDT
That would be a good idea, except for the fact that I already have RTS Windcharger.

This guy looks cool even in dayglo colors. Not sure if he'll replace Henkei Bee in my collection, though...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483637)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 1st, 2013 @ 12:59pm CDT
If this wasn't Bumblebee, I'd buy it on the spot. I already have the Classics Bumblebee, so it would be redundant of me to get this.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1483678)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 1st, 2013 @ 2:35pm CDT
I do really like the look of this mold, just wish it had a better looking weapon. Not sure how I like it as Bumblebee though. It's got a mature look to it, like what Rodimus Prime is to Hot Rod. It'd help if it was a little smaller.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Bumblebee Test Shot (1484446)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on May 4th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CDT
Looks good to me. I think I would buy it.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars