Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images

Monday, May 13th, 2013 2:50PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 29,343

The official Transformers Facebook page brings us the official images of the upcoming Generations IDW Deluxe figure, which include Orion Pax, Thundercracker, Bumblebee, Megatron, Trailcutter and Hoist! Check the images out below.

The Transformers Generations Deluxe line continues with toys packed with issues of the IDW comic books! Check out the debut of Thundercracker, plus Hoist, Orion Pax, Bumblebee, Megatron and Trailcutter!!

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487004)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT

The Hoist remold/repaint is great! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487008)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CDT

GuyIncognito wrote:I like the Thundercracker repaint of FoC Starscream, but he should have been released as a FoC figure; he doesn't fit in with this group.

'Course he does. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487009)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:What the hell?! I know it seemed obvious, but had it even been confirmed that we were getting Thundercracker?

It is now! :D

We had seen the Clayton Crain artwork, and I believe at Toy Fair it was said that all the Spotlights would get their toy. But I'm not sure. :-?

Trailcutter actually has the forcefield face! :x
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487011)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
Thundercracker (and Hoist, to an extent) is the only new one here.

And he is FLIPPIN' GORGEOUS! =P~

So glad I picked up Fall of Cybertron Starscream. Thundercracker would look fantastic next to Starscream. I really hope Hasbro decides to pump out Skywarp in the near future to complete the set.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487013)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 13th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CDT

I keep saying these two things over and over:

1) As IDW repurposed FoC designs as G1 Cybertronian form, what we have here is G1 Cybertronian Thundercracker.
2) Nobody is stopping you from repurposing. ;)

GuyIncognito wrote:The Hoist remold/repaint is great! :APPLAUSE:

That I agree with. I don't know what I would do with Orion and Bumblebee though...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487016)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:The Hoist remold/repaint is great! :APPLAUSE:

I plan to pick up Orion, but not Bumblebee. Even though the mold looks boss, it would seem repetitive of me if I were to get this one, as I already have the original Classics toy. But mark my words, if there is to be a redeco/retool into someone else (Bugbite, perhaps?), then I would be happy to pick it up.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487017)
Posted by craggy on May 13th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CDT
Loving Forcefield Face and his green repaint (greepaint?) and Megatron is pretty good. Shame he's not a Voyager. I like Orion's gun, but that's it for the rest of them. I shan't be pre-ordering the wave set of 4 just to get 2 of them.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487022)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 13th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CDT
WOW! This whole set is solid. Amazing repaints and retools. Bravo to Pax's weapon as well. Way to meet and exceed expectations. Classics is back strong... and the G2 retool of that stealth jet is going to be a home run as well. Better make a little room on the neo-G2 shelf.

Forcefield face is also for the win. That was a great comic.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487026)
Posted by xyl360 on May 13th, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
FoC Thundercracker!!!!! Yes, I've been waiting for this guy. I've got Takara Starscream and Skywarp on my shelf already and they've been missing their blue buddy :).
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487028)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 13th, 2013 @ 3:23pm CDT
All things considered, Orion Pax might make a good Ironhide/Ratchet/Kup in Cybertronian mold. I

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got one where you could alternate modes with the chest over the face — shifts from chest to blast shield like the old War Within appearance?

Gads, I lurved the War Within.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487039)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
Wow, that Thundercracker fits the mold way better than Starscream does.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487040)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
Bumblebee looks like Trailbreaker.... whaaaaa?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487041)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:10pm CDT
[quote]This entire set of toys are all great. Though I might skip on Bumblebee, considering how that mold looks awkward, and it would fit Trailbreaker better.[/quote]

The logic in this is beyond me. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487043)
Posted by paul053 on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT
Trailbreaker and Hoist are so want. Hope Hoist is really not an exclusive.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487044)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
paul053 wrote:Hope Hoist is really not an exclusive.

I'm fairly certain that Hoist not be an exclusive.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487045)
Posted by 1984forever on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:15pm CDT
The Hoist looks great, but it looks like Hasbro can't decide on what Trailcutter's shield is going to look like. The shield Trailcutter is holding is a lot shorter than the one on the roof of his alt-mode.

Anyone know what color Dreadwing is going to be?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487046)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:17pm CDT
84forever wrote:
Anyone know what color Dreadwing is going to be?

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487048)
Posted by xyl360 on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
I hate how Trailcutter/Hoist has a HUGE barrel chest/upper body and a teeny tiny waist. It reminds me of FoC Jazz. I'll likely still snag Takara's versions of these bots, but I suspect I'll be displaying them in alt mode for the same reason I keep FoC Jazz and Sideswipe in their alt modes (the bot modes look kinda crappy).
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487049)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
paul053 wrote:Hope Hoist is really not an exclusive.

I'm fairly certain that Hoist not be an exclusive.

And why should it be? :???:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW Spotlight Figures Official Images (1487051)
Posted by xyl360 on May 13th, 2013 @ 4:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
paul053 wrote:Hope Hoist is really not an exclusive.

I'm fairly certain that Hoist not be an exclusive.

And why should it be? :???:

I think some were confused by the fact that it was previewed first in the Collectors' Club magazine even though it was clearly advertised as a 'Generations' figure not an upcoming 'Exclusive' figure or anything.

It will be a retail release and there has been no indication from Hasbro or the Club up to this point to indicate otherwise.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS ENCORE 21 Soundblaster Soundwave w/ Cassettes Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 55 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack (B3775) BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 43 minutes 22 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-18B Bluestreak Blue Limited - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 52 minutes 47 seconds
E-Hobby TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG EX DEADLOCK w/ COMIC BOOK - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 53 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece MP-18 BLUESTREAK Streak + COIN + AMAZON LAUNCHER CANNON - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 57 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS • COMBINER WARS Titan Class DEVASTATOR - Time Remaining: 27 days 3 hours 46 minutes 8 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TOKYO ANIME EXPO 2012 EXCLUSIVE UNITED OPTIMUS NEMESIS PRIME - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 53 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Dirt Boss Deluxe Class 6" Inch Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 17 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016