Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews

Thursday, November 14th, 2013 3:11AM CST

Categories: Reviews, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,780

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We just can't keep them down! After yesterday's news with the galleries of in-hand images, we have now been alerted that YouTube reviewer peaugh has posted videos of Generations Skids and Waspinator. Will Skids' shoulder issues be raised? Will Waspinator be able to stand without falling to pieces? Check the videos out below, and leave a comment in in the Energon Pub discussion!


Credit(s): peaugh
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529652)
Posted by Shadowstream on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:00am CST
Well, there go my hopes that Skids was going to be a larger deluxe :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529656)
Posted by synapse on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:26am CST
Well, it's confirmed then. Skids is as ridiculously small as Hoist, with hollow legs and poorly articulated shoulders. I still like his design in robot mode and all, but the alt mode and its colors make it look like I'm playing with a Playskool car.

Also, I wasn't expecting that kind of unstability...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529659)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:59am CST
I like them all, but my one concern is the open handed design on Skids. He comes with all those great weapons, but it's gonna suck if putting them into his hands causes cracks or stress marks like with DOTM Wheeljack.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529670)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:04am CST
Had planned on passing up Goldfire but those pics have me sold on him. Still not liking D-wings color scheme enough to drop cash down on him and Skids... he was a winner for me from day 1. Looks like Christmas is going to be a toss up as to who gets more toys under the tree, me or my youngest son. :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529672)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:14am CST
synapse wrote:
zwann wrote:I gotta say, Skids face looks too cool to be an Autobot. I mean those cheeks.

Wonder what Decepticon repaint would work with this mold(including the face)?

Barricade? Whose a trigger happy car in Cons eh? :-?


I don't know about "including the face", but I remember Andrew Griffith said he designed Flatline (the guy from the RID comics who built Starscream's new Armada-style body) so that he could easily get a toy as a Skids redeco.





Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\


I thought Flatline's design was based on the Trailcutter toy.

I also thought I heard that Skids was going to be retooled into Crosscut.

I feel that Goldfire was a waste of a repaint when it could've been a different character. I bought the new Hubcap head and the Bumblebee figure specifically so I could add another minibot to my lineup. I don't need another Bumblebee.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529678)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:26am CST
Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.

Image
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529679)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:29am CST
Yeesh, I'm gone for two days, and everyone's flaming like a marshmallow over a campfire. >:oP

Sucks that Skids is a little stumpy and has the shoulder issues, but I hope to pick him up anyway.

Feeling a little uncertain about Waspinator now. I'll wait until Optibotimus or someone else gets theirs until I make a final decision.

Getting Dreadwing and Goldbug, no questions asked.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529681)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:32am CST
OK, Skids is growing on me. I've gone from "Meh, I'll get it because it's a Classics-style Skids" to "Ooh, this is a cool figure!"

The other two are OK, but I already have BB and Megs and don't like either mold enough to want a repaint.

Also, Dreadwing's paintjob is too colorful for a stealth jet.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529683)
Posted by paul053 on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:42am CST
So, Skids really don't have much shoulder movement. :-( Plus his backpack and slight balance issue, the chance of me getting him is winding down.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529686)
Posted by mooncake623 on November 14th, 2013 @ 9:13am CST
kind of disappointing that Skids have instability issues... I didn't know that still happens in today's transforming toys. But I will still buy the whole wave.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529701)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2013 @ 10:16am CST
Peaugh's also got reviews for Goldfire and Dreadwing.


Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529706)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 10:36am CST
Reaaaaalllllly liking that Dreadwing.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529709)
Posted by gantzrunner on November 14th, 2013 @ 11:00am CST
I have to say I really like the thrilling thirty designs! the only thing that bothers me is now that I have committed myself to building a neo-gen1 collection, they changed the scale.... Orion Pax works, but Megatron and the others are too small. displaying them on separate shelves works, but side by side( like if I want to displa. my autobots in vehicle mode in a convoy like the cartoon) - they look like a completely different size class. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529711)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 11:06am CST
gantzrunner wrote:I have to say I really like the thrilling thirty designs! the only thing that bothers me is now that I have committed myself to building a neo-gen1 collection, they changed the scale.... Orion Pax works, but Megatron and the others are too small. displaying them on separate shelves works, but side by side( like if I want to displa. my autobots in vehicle mode in a convoy like the cartoon) - they look like a completely different size class. :BANG_HEAD:


That's what Masterpiece is for! ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529726)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CST
Now that Peaugh has shown that Skids' shoulders can pull out a little to get some articulation, I'm going to to ahead and say he looks like the best new mold of the Generations line. He just looks really cool, with fun transformation and a whole load of guns. Pax is close competition, but so far I think I'll like Skids the most.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529735)
Posted by El Duque on November 14th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
Popular toy reviewer peaugh has now uploaded reviews for Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing. These two are redeco/remolds of the previously released IDW style Bumblebee and Megatron respectively. Check out the reviews embedded below.


Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529751)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CST
Hot damn these are cool. Im getting all of this wave. Im in love with the colors of these recent generations guys
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529752)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CST
That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529754)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?


You should at least consider Dreadwing if:

1) You're into G2 at all
2) Have other G2-based figures, like GDO Powerdive, RtS Laser Prime, or the Ultimate Gift Set with Prime and Jazz
3) HasTak releases his partner Smokescreen (like that will ever happen)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529760)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?

You can sell your G2 Dreadwing...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529781)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?



How about the fact that it only costs 15 bucks ? Treat yourself.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529786)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 14th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
Rated X wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?



How about the fact that it only costs 15 bucks ? Treat yourself.

Never thought I'd see the day where you were advocating to buy a Hasbro product ;)

I wish these were all a tad larger. I agree that especially in alt mode, the Autobot sizes over the last 5 years or so are woefully incoherent.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529812)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2013 @ 7:05pm CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Rated X wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?



How about the fact that it only costs 15 bucks ? Treat yourself.

Never thought I'd see the day where you were advocating to buy a Hasbro product ;)

I wish these were all a tad larger. I agree that especially in alt mode, the Autobot sizes over the last 5 years or so are woefully incoherent.



I never said I dont buy Hasbro stuff. Im just not loyal to any one company. I buy from them all and disregard the ethics and politics behind the concept of IP. :D
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529824)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 9:44pm CST
Rated X wrote:I never said I dont buy Hasbro stuff. Im just not loyal to any one company. I buy from them all and disregard the ethics and politics behind the concept of IP. :D

!!! :shock: !!!

I think this is one of the most honest things you've ever said - well done! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529848)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 15th, 2013 @ 12:29am CST
Rated X wrote:Im just not loyal to any one company. I buy from them all and disregard the ethics and politics behind the concept of IP. :D

Cheers man, I feel the same way ;)^

Thanks for the good reasons from everyone to buy it, and yes, I think I shall. Though I will probably unseal it really carefully, fool around with it for a while, and then reseal it and stick on the wall. I like and prefer my G2 dreadwing too much more to replace him, and I do have RTS prime also sealed on my wall. And for 15 bucks, no kidding, sounds worth it to me. That head sculpt is awesome, and the colour scheme.. hell there isn't really anything I don't like other than the size.

(slight side note, toys'r'us in Vancouver BC has voyagers for 15 bucks, just picked up a second Springer :grin: Check it out, fellow Canadians!)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529849)
Posted by TimothyR on November 15th, 2013 @ 12:31am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.

Image


shockblast2 wrote:"You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics"


LOL....no its not. That line is dead and this guy taking a pic next to the dead line proves it. That skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids, save the colors. Neither did IDW Hoist or Trailbreaker. To complete your "CHUG" collection you are going to have to either custom your own figures or go 3pt.


these are supposed to be updates of G1 figures.. at least that's how it seems in the comics.. they seem like different takes on classic characters.. i'm not sure how much more G1 this could be without being slavishly G1.. their vehicle mode is fairly similar.. updated of course because it isn't the 80's anymore. his chest is still the front of the car, he still has his door wings.. and like you said, the colors are pretty damn close.. i don't see how you can say that skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids.. you really have to be blind or just in denial. as for binaltech skids compared to the new one.. i think they're both equally similar to G1 skids and different from G1 skids.

Image

Image

hoist and trailbreaker looked nothing like their G1 counterparts either? .. really? you are aware that these are supposed to be updates.. this isn't the masterpiece line.. i'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. hell.. if you're completing your classics collection with custom figures, they're going to be just as inaccurate to the G1 originals as these are. every single classic/universe/rts/generations/henkei/united figure, from the beginning are, like i said before, UPDATES of classic designs.. they're not supposed to be faithful representations of what we got in G1. it's not like these are movie toys that are trying to be passed off as classic updates.

i think where the confusion here is that some people thing that classics means the toys are supposed to be ripped right from the cartoon or the original toys.. that isn't the case, and it hasn't been the case from the beginning.

i'm sorry for being repetitive.. but i just want the point to sink home a little.

and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.

just my 2 cents.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529854)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 15th, 2013 @ 2:11am CST
TimothyR wrote:and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.


So hang on, is it alright to have an opinion or not? Just asking because someone could easily read this and opine that you are a fascist dick.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529873)
Posted by xyl360 on November 15th, 2013 @ 6:46am CST
I broke one of my most sacred rules. I watched a Peaugh review :P. I couldn't help myself, it was just to tempting to finally get a real look at Waspinator. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. Aside from minor issues with a few missing paint apps plus the fact that his wings can't be deployed Seeker style on his back as he most commonly wore them in the show in bot mode, he looks pretty much spot on. I cannot wait to get both versions of him in hand.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529877)
Posted by megatronus on November 15th, 2013 @ 7:19am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
TimothyR wrote:and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.


So hang on, is it alright to have an opinion or not? Just asking because someone could easily read this and opine that you are a fascist dick.

"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

All he's saying is that to say that "Classics is dead" isn't a mere opinion, but rather an assertion based on a patent falsehood. That's his point.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529899)
Posted by Flux Convoy on November 15th, 2013 @ 8:37am CST
FUCK YEAH NEW CLASSICS TOYS!
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529919)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
megatronus wrote:"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529922)
Posted by megatronus on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:29am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
megatronus wrote:"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:

:lol:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1529926)
Posted by EagleTron on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:32am CST
That Waspinator is one of the best deluxes that they have seen all year. I just might pick him up if I see him at retail on sale and i got a couole of extra bucks. And it seems like the Decepticons are out numbering the Autobots in good figure/molds. All the good toys are mostly bad guys.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530000)
Posted by Rated X on November 15th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CST
TimothyR wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.

Image


shockblast2 wrote:"You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics"


LOL....no its not. That line is dead and this guy taking a pic next to the dead line proves it. That skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids, save the colors. Neither did IDW Hoist or Trailbreaker. To complete your "CHUG" collection you are going to have to either custom your own figures or go 3pt.


these are supposed to be updates of G1 figures.. at least that's how it seems in the comics.. they seem like different takes on classic characters.. i'm not sure how much more G1 this could be without being slavishly G1.. their vehicle mode is fairly similar.. updated of course because it isn't the 80's anymore. his chest is still the front of the car, he still has his door wings.. and like you said, the colors are pretty damn close.. i don't see how you can say that skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids.. you really have to be blind or just in denial. as for binaltech skids compared to the new one.. i think they're both equally similar to G1 skids and different from G1 skids.

Image

Image

hoist and trailbreaker looked nothing like their G1 counterparts either? .. really? you are aware that these are supposed to be updates.. this isn't the masterpiece line.. i'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. hell.. if you're completing your classics collection with custom figures, they're going to be just as inaccurate to the G1 originals as these are. every single classic/universe/rts/generations/henkei/united figure, from the beginning are, like i said before, UPDATES of classic designs.. they're not supposed to be faithful representations of what we got in G1. it's not like these are movie toys that are trying to be passed off as classic updates.

i think where the confusion here is that some people thing that classics means the toys are supposed to be ripped right from the cartoon or the original toys.. that isn't the case, and it hasn't been the case from the beginning.

i'm sorry for being repetitive.. but i just want the point to sink home a little.

and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.

just my 2 cents.



I gotta disagree with you buddy. I personally think the whole “classics” concept (AKA neo) is just a Hasbro marketing gimmick to help today’s kids relate to G1 characters. Hasbro’s cash cow is kids between the ages of 5-10. Those kids can’t relate to 80’s cars because 80’s cars just wouldn’t be “cool”. The whole “neo” concept is more evident in Autobot cars more than Decepticon war machines. Tanks and Fighter jets haven’t changed as much as cars have over the years. And every Decepticon can’t be an F-22 Raptor because that would be boring. The Generations seeker mold was almost 95% accurate to an F-15 Strike Eagle with the exception of the wings being more swept in the back. And the robot mode was very “slavish” to the G1 cartoon.
On the new Skids figure, I think they did a fairly good job representing the character. I’m very happy you can hide the shoulder cannons as I will be doing such. Call it slavish if you want, but I’m 37 years old. I don’t give a damn if little kids don’t like G1. They have TF Prime, Bayformers, and Rescue Bots.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530003)
Posted by njb902 on November 15th, 2013 @ 7:04pm CST
F-15E Strike Eagles are 2 seat air to ground attack craft. While they are capable of air to air combat, they aren't designed for it. The redistribution of the fuel system also changes the shape of the air intakes from the earlier models, it makes it bubble out more from the fuselage. So I don't think it's the particular F-15 variant the classics mold was based on.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530015)
Posted by Caelus on November 15th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?


Rename him and display him with the original two. Then they go from being partners to being a squadron.

I think they should match well enough on color and design that at a glance they could pass for being from the same, well, generation.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530039)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 15th, 2013 @ 11:50pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
TimothyR wrote:and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.


So hang on, is it alright to have an opinion or not? Just asking because someone could easily read this and opine that you are a fascist dick.

"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

All he's saying is that to say that "Classics is dead" isn't a mere opinion, but rather an assertion based on a patent falsehood. That's his point.


Glad someone was able to read it as it was intended.

As for the "Fascist Dick" comment? Yes. It WAS a little much.

Banjo-Tron wrote:
megatronus wrote:"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:


It's not funny. Don't do it again. You can make a point or counter one without calling someone names like that. It does violate the rules. We're adults, here. Act like it.

megatronus wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
megatronus wrote:"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:

:lol:


It really isn't funny.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530042)
Posted by megatronus on November 16th, 2013 @ 12:09am CST
Autobot032 wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
megatronus wrote:"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:

:lol:


It really isn't funny.

The :lol: was to the angel face, but I understand your point.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530051)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 16th, 2013 @ 1:43am CST
Ok I apologise. I just think that people telling people that they aren't / can't have opinions based on something that they alone opine to be fact is not only ironic but also a little holier-than-thou and autocratic. The whole argument that "I diagree with your opinions therefore your opinion is invalid and you are WRONG discourages debate and is also patently untrue. l hope that this answer better conforms to the etiquette on here, and that people realise that my point about trying to factualise something as subjective as design language is valid.

Therefore I stand by my opinion that Binaltech Skids better represents the G1 character than this new figure. Allow me to have that opinion, thankyou. [-(
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530054)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 16th, 2013 @ 2:48am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:Ok I apologise. I just think that people telling people that they aren't / can't have opinions based on something that they alone opine to be fact is not only ironic but also a little holier-than-thou and autocratic. The whole argument that "I diagree with your opinions therefore your opinion is invalid and you are WRONG discourages debate and is also patently untrue. l hope that this answer better conforms to the etiquette on here, and that people realise that my point about trying to factualise something as subjective as design language is valid.

Therefore I stand by my opinion that Binaltech Skids better represents the G1 character than this new figure. Allow me to have that opinion, thankyou. [-(


Had you said it just like this, there would've been no problem. This is a well thought out, reasonable, and solid response. Much better than your previous effort. Though,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're entitled to voice it. They're also entitled to disagree with another person's. However, they must do so respectfully. No name calling is needed. It should never escalate to the point where we're required to step in. We'll do it, it's our job, but it shouldn't get to that point.

No one's opinion is invalid because it's valid to them, and possibly others. No one has the right to crap all over that.

And you are more than welcome to say that Alternators/Binaltech Skids is more G1 than this guy. I disagree simply because the Alt/BT would've made a killer Ironhide/Ratchet. It was nice to see Skids get some love, though.

I'm alright with this Skids, I like the transformation and the weapons deployment, I don't shoehorn 'em into any one universe. They look good on my shelf? Bought. Suck? Nope.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530076)
Posted by It Is Him on November 16th, 2013 @ 7:55am CST
shockblast2 wrote:There is no profit in arguing with people


There isn't? Oh god, what have I been doing with my life?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530089)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 16th, 2013 @ 8:26am CST
Autobot032 wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Ok I apologise. I just think that people telling people that they aren't / can't have opinions based on something that they alone opine to be fact is not only ironic but also a little holier-than-thou and autocratic. The whole argument that "I diagree with your opinions therefore your opinion is invalid and you are WRONG discourages debate and is also patently untrue. l hope that this answer better conforms to the etiquette on here, and that people realise that my point about trying to factualise something as subjective as design language is valid.

Therefore I stand by my opinion that Binaltech Skids better represents the G1 character than this new figure. Allow me to have that opinion, thankyou. [-(


Had you said it just like this, there would've been no problem. This is a well thought out, reasonable, and solid response. Much better than your previous effort. Though,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're entitled to voice it. They're also entitled to disagree with another person's. However, they must do so respectfully. No name calling is needed. It should never escalate to the point where we're required to step in. We'll do it, it's our job, but it shouldn't get to that point.

No one's opinion is invalid because it's valid to them, and possibly others. No one has the right to crap all over that.

And you are more than welcome to say that Alternators/Binaltech Skids is more G1 than this guy. I disagree simply because the Alt/BT would've made a killer Ironhide/Ratchet. It was nice to see Skids get some love, though.

I'm alright with this Skids, I like the transformation and the weapons deployment, I don't shoehorn 'em into any one universe. They look good on my shelf? Bought. Suck? Nope.

Fair enough. For what its worth, I think that this Skids is a decent figure, albeit small. He just doesn't work in my collection. That said, is he actually available at US retail yet? I am over for thanksgiving, and again at xmas, and I'd be tempted if I saw him on a shelf.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530097)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 16th, 2013 @ 9:06am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Ok I apologise. I just think that people telling people that they aren't / can't have opinions based on something that they alone opine to be fact is not only ironic but also a little holier-than-thou and autocratic. The whole argument that "I diagree with your opinions therefore your opinion is invalid and you are WRONG discourages debate and is also patently untrue. l hope that this answer better conforms to the etiquette on here, and that people realise that my point about trying to factualise something as subjective as design language is valid.

Therefore I stand by my opinion that Binaltech Skids better represents the G1 character than this new figure. Allow me to have that opinion, thankyou. [-(


Had you said it just like this, there would've been no problem. This is a well thought out, reasonable, and solid response. Much better than your previous effort. Though,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're entitled to voice it. They're also entitled to disagree with another person's. However, they must do so respectfully. No name calling is needed. It should never escalate to the point where we're required to step in. We'll do it, it's our job, but it shouldn't get to that point.

No one's opinion is invalid because it's valid to them, and possibly others. No one has the right to crap all over that.

And you are more than welcome to say that Alternators/Binaltech Skids is more G1 than this guy. I disagree simply because the Alt/BT would've made a killer Ironhide/Ratchet. It was nice to see Skids get some love, though.

I'm alright with this Skids, I like the transformation and the weapons deployment, I don't shoehorn 'em into any one universe. They look good on my shelf? Bought. Suck? Nope.

Fair enough. For what its worth, I think that this Skids is a decent figure, albeit small. He just doesn't work in my collection. That said, is he actually available at US retail yet? I am over for thanksgiving, and again at xmas, and I'd be tempted if I saw him on a shelf.


No, but there are preorders on Amazon. There's always the possibility they could hit the states while you're here, either at Thanksgiving or Christmas. You might even be able to order them and have them shipped while here. Or at the very least, sent to family for pickup when you arrive or return. I'd imagine by Christmas they should be out.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530123)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 16th, 2013 @ 11:20am CST
It Is Him wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:There is no profit in arguing with people


There isn't? Oh god, what have I been doing with my life?

Everything is a lie!
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530150)
Posted by It Is Him on November 16th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:There is no profit in arguing with people


There isn't? Oh god, what have I been doing with my life?

Everything is a lie!


Our thousands of posts are worthless! My retirement plan is ruined. Oh no... I need to call my wife...
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530162)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 16th, 2013 @ 1:54pm CST
It Is Him wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:There is no profit in arguing with people


There isn't? Oh god, what have I been doing with my life?

Everything is a lie!


Our thousands of posts are worthless! My retirement plan is ruined. Oh no... I need to call my wife...

There is only one thing left to do, and that is copy this guy
http://www.break.com/video/ugc/the-ulti ... ide-445611
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530167)
Posted by xyl360 on November 16th, 2013 @ 2:39pm CST
I don't know if I'd call Classics "dead", but it's definitely taking a different direction now with the whole "IDW" style taking over (something I'm not a huge fan of, personally).

That said, just how "G1" the designs in Universe/Generations/Classics etc. are and have been in the past has always varied greatly. Blurr, Kup, Galvatron and Warpath are great examples. As is Perceptor. But then you look at the Seeker mold, which is arguably one of the most "G1" molds created. I guess it just depends on the designer for the figure and from where they draw their inspiration.

I like them simply because they're neat looking (the ones I buy anyway) and are cool representations of characters I know, but even then, I also buy figures that are new or had nothing to do with G1, so it's not really about representing G1 for me (that's what I have my MP shelf for ;)).

I still can't decide on Skids. He looks pretty good overall, but the cheap KO quality looking plastic is kinda killing it for me. I'm betting the Takara version will push me over the line. I'm still getting both versions of Waspy and Rhinox though. All versions of them look damn good from what I've seen so far. I can't wait to see what they do with Rattrap and I'm hoping they do a lot more Beast Wars characters in this line, regardless of whether or not they happen to appear in the comics.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530258)
Posted by It Is Him on November 16th, 2013 @ 11:06pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:There is no profit in arguing with people


There isn't? Oh god, what have I been doing with my life?

Everything is a lie!


Our thousands of posts are worthless! My retirement plan is ruined. Oh no... I need to call my wife...

There is only one thing left to do, and that is copy this guy
http://www.break.com/video/ugc/the-ulti ... ide-445611


I'm totally not watching that.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1530300)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 17th, 2013 @ 3:26am CST
It Is Him wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:There is no profit in arguing with people


There isn't? Oh god, what have I been doing with my life?

Everything is a lie!


Our thousands of posts are worthless! My retirement plan is ruined. Oh no... I need to call my wife...

There is only one thing left to do, and that is copy this guy
http://www.break.com/video/ugc/the-ulti ... ide-445611


I'm totally not watching that.

Do, it's hilarious, and not real.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Waspinator and Skids Video Reviews (1531531)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 24th, 2013 @ 6:56am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:There is only one thing left to do, and that is copy this guy
http://www.break.com/video/ugc/the-ulti ... ide-445611


I'm totally not watching that.

Do, it's hilarious, and not real.

Even with your assurance that it wasn't real, I still went into it on edge. Not surprising that it was pretty friggin' dark, but I'm usually OK with that. I think "hilarious" was a bit of a false advertisement though.

Click here to view an additional 6 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...