Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image

Transformers News: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 6:38PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,505

Courtesy of weibo user woody0220 we have our first in-package image of the upcoming Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Voyager Soundave with Laserbeak! Hopefully an indication the first wave of Generations Voyagers are on their way. Image mirrored below.

Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image
Credit(s): weibo, Primeultimus
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422230)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 20th, 2012 @ 6:43pm CDT
This looks better than in the pics from SDCC. There I said it.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422233)
Posted by Mkall on September 20th, 2012 @ 6:47pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422245)
Posted by padfoo on September 20th, 2012 @ 6:59pm CDT
Looks great, I still don't understand why these weren't released before the game though?
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422248)
Posted by RAcast on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:02pm CDT
Soundwave you crazy fool, being mistransformed in package no less! Can't wait for this! :D I'm so glad they decided to make this mold. The gimmick is actually pretty good AND I can finally get a neo-classics Soundwave without shelling out $20+ for a deluxe...though the way prices are getting right now, they'll be that much at retail before long. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422251)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:06pm CDT
that is an awesome box, please be $20 cause i really really want this figure. Ok i want 2 but thats beside the point.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422267)
Posted by dedcat on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:24pm CDT
If I do get this guy, he will be one of my few "leave it in the box" toys - It's a great presentation. (plus i have the deluxe WFC size already)
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422278)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:43pm CDT
Would look nice on my Classics shelf next to Universe Blaster (soon to be replaced by Generations Blaster).
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422289)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 20th, 2012 @ 8:18pm CDT
you can never have too many soundwaves ;)
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422297)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 20th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422308)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 9:01pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I considered skipping him because I already have the deluxe, but the gimmick is just too cool to pass up. Besides, he's one of my favorites.

Same deal.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422324)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 20th, 2012 @ 10:14pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Part of me wants this figure. But I'm still quite happy with ML Soundwave. Collector Problems

Same, here. I also have the WFC Soundwave. So he's redundant at best. Hmm, pass.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422342)
Posted by YoungPrime on September 20th, 2012 @ 11:10pm CDT

If I buy it it'll be strictly for Soundwave not those crappy disc.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422352)
Posted by RAcast on September 21st, 2012 @ 12:13am CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Everyone's psyched about this "gimmick" but the thing is that those data disc's look horrible in alt mode.

If I buy it it'll be strictly for Soundwave not those crappy disc.

Haters gonna hate. :P
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422354)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 21st, 2012 @ 12:17am CDT
The fig itself if pretty good, but the discs are horrible, with Laserbeak being the only borderline decent one.

Between ML Soundwave, deluxe Soundwave and the MP Soundwave I've pre-ordered, this one is redundant to me. He's also out of scale unless they make voyager versions of FOC Megs and OP.

All in all, a pass for me.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422367)
Posted by highburn on September 21st, 2012 @ 12:57am CDT
He's not out of scale if you put G1 Soundwave beside G1 Prime and Megs, Soundwave was a larger toy. See Soundwave superior...smaller toys inferior.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422391)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 21st, 2012 @ 2:57am CDT
As much as I am a fan of Soundwave I can do without this. I have the deluxe version and as I understand it this is simple scaled up without any additional work being done to improve the transformation.

I will be much happier with MP Soundwave which cant get here soon enough.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422411)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:33am CDT
Why is he Voyager class? Hell Megatron should be this size
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422414)
Posted by Cybertronus on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:56am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422423)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 21st, 2012 @ 5:32am CDT
Cybertronus wrote:A Voyager class Soundwave but not a Megatron or a Optimus Prime... That makes sense. Or not. How many of you think Hasbro are a bunch of lazy jackasses? :-x

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cyberteron Voyager Soundwave In-Package Image (1422434)
Posted by Stumpybot on September 21st, 2012 @ 6:16am CDT
Soundwave needs to be a voyager to incorporate the play feature, but its fair point about the scale. Im hoping they go for a megatron in voyager wave 3

Ive got WFC soundwave so im going for FOC Soundblaster, i can justify him on the shelf if hes a reformatted upgrade

Ending Soon On eBay

RARE VTG HASBRO 1994 TRANSFORMERS GOBOTS GENERATION 2 AUTOBOT.DOUBLE CLUTCH .MOC - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 48 minutes 6 seconds
RARE VTG HASBRO 1994  TRANSFORMERS GOBOTS GENERATION 2 AUTOBOT. MOTORMOUTH .MOC - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 33 minutes 7 seconds
GRIMLOCK TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS # 9 (FORD MUSTANG GT) TF - Time Remaining: 9 days 6 hours 10 minutes 19 seconds
AUTOBOT TRACKS TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS #5 (CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06) TF - Time Remaining: 9 days 5 hours 55 minutes 24 seconds
G2 Optimus Prime LASER MIB Boxed 1994 Vintage Hasbro Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 42 minutes 26 seconds
G2 Megatron Green Tank 1993 Vintage Transformers  Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 12 minutes 37 seconds
G2 Ramjet 100% Complete 1993 Vintage Hasbro Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 42 minutes 23 seconds
Hoist REISSUE 100% Complete Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 19 hours 27 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016