Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 4:38PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,661

The Fallen Kia facebook page has shared some in-hand images of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Shockwave from the upcoming Generations line. The figure is shown in robot mode and with a customized version of Transformers: War for Cybertron Soundwave giving us a good sense of scale. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Fallen Kia

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394470)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 26th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CDT
So much for the myth that they're smaller.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394472)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 26th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
he may be short but i love him!
I'm getting 2. one I'm leaving as is for the WFC/FOC collection and the other I'm painting his eye yellow and putting him with my classics.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394473)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 26th, 2012 @ 4:42pm CDT
Someone give that Con a sandwich!

He's really skinny, but I love him.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394480)
Posted by El Duque on June 26th, 2012 @ 4:50pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:So much for the myth that they're smaller.

I've seen this figure in person on two occasions now, and I can assure you they are smaller.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394482)
Posted by Cyberseven on June 26th, 2012 @ 4:54pm CDT
Great Pics!! This line of FOC figures sshould sell really well. I am just hoping that Takara/Hasbro, and the retailers realize that and stock-em up.

Shocker looks sweet. Maybe later on they will give him a voyager size to go with the upcoming voyager Soundwave and Soundblaster.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394485)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 26th, 2012 @ 4:57pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:So much for the myth that they're smaller.

Smaller how? He's the same height as Soundwave here and his legs seem to be as thin as they are due to needing to fit the gun in between them in alt. mode.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394490)
Posted by El Duque on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394496)
Posted by Flashwave on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:18pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:So much for the myth that they're smaller.

Look at the top picture again. He's a half a head shorter than Soundwave easily. His antannae are about even with the crest on Soundy's forehead, and Soundwave's own ear antannae just up from his head. Soundwave's shoulders are also taller than Shockwave's wings, although kibble is a difficult one to argue with.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394497)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:20pm CDT
El Duque wrote:When I was at Toy Fair back in February these were on display and a guy from another website brought WFC Megatron and did a side by side. Megs dwarfed Shocky, Jazz, and Prime.

I'll have to see them in hand, then. These suggest Shocky is only slightly shorter than Soundwave(mostly due to the shoulders, their chests are at the same height) and Soundwave is about the same height as WFC Megs.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394501)
Posted by El Duque on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice figure and he's going to become my Classics Shockwave. I think when you get these in-hand you'll see what I mean. You might also want to check out the video review that I just posted for FOC Jazz.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394506)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:36pm CDT
Looks nice, there. :) He'll be my Classic Shockwave, that's for sure.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394516)
Posted by Stormrider on June 26th, 2012 @ 6:21pm CDT
Wait, his hand isn't a gun? Pass...
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394526)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:02pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:So much for the myth that they're smaller.

In the second image, he is clearly about a head smaller, and Soundwave was small enough as it is.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394530)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:13pm CDT
Misleading pictures in regards to the height. But a good looking figure which will be bought as soon as possible!
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394531)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:14pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Wait, his hand isn't a gun? Pass...

In his first appearance, he had two hands. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394533)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:20pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Wait, his hand isn't a gun? Pass...

Yeah I noticed that too, freakin' ASS-HAT!! :-x :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394536)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT
Gotta love that lightpiping.

Sucks that toys as a whole are smaller these days (though it looks like Shocky can see eye-to-eye with WfC figures, at least), but there's little you can do about that. Not to mention there's always going to be size discrepancies in just about any collection.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394548)
Posted by warzon3 on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:54pm CDT
Are their any shapeways or 3rd party Shockwave g1-looking arm cannons you can buy that might fit this guy?

Or is their anything out their that can pass for one?

I might have to buy 1 and 1more to customize into more G1
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394550)
Posted by Mkall on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:58pm CDT
The Shrinking Deluxe Syndrome annoys me, but it's a cool looking figure nonetheless. I'll be picking him up.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Shockwave In-Hand Images (1394554)
Posted by Lady_Starscream on June 26th, 2012 @ 8:20pm CDT
Wow... that is an amazing Shockwave. I might have to buy two. One to keep in the package and one to pose awesomely next to my movie Shockwave. X3

There's a guy on eBay doing preorders for Shockwave right now. I'm not sure if I trust him though since he's cheaper than on tfsource.com. :/

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMASTER GETAWAY BOT ONLY NOT COMPLETE 1980s ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 11 minutes 52 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 2001 Robots in Disguise RID Megatron MISB New Unopened - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 57 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers (2010 Reveal the Shield) Voyager Class: Solar Storm Grappel - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 29 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMASTER SLAPDASH BOT ONLY NOT COMPLETE 1980s ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 44 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Generation 2013  Fall of Cybertron TG-12 Air Raid fire - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 16 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMATER REV FOR GETAWAY BOT ONLY NOT COMPLETE 1980s ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 47 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers BotCon 2016 Megatron's Rubber Ducky Duck Squeaks new - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 50 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers TFCC 2016 Membership Exclusive Armada Universe Ramjet MIB botcon - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 50 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive