Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 12:30PM CDT

Categories: Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,689

The highly anticipated Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 featuring all five Combaticons has been spotted at retail! The figures were purchased at a California Target by xterry.

Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail
Credit(s): TFW2005 user xterry
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424465)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 27th, 2012 @ 12:35pm CDT
Fantastic. But it's going to have to wait; in need of a replacement Energon Storm Jet and Windrazor to finally complete my Superion Maximus and have him as G1 Superion. These can wait for now, but I'll make sure to keep my out for them here on the East Coast.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424550)
Posted by Screamfleet on September 27th, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
Of course the guy who found them is in california and lists himself in the bay area and then DOESN'T say which target....
Which is probably cleaned out now and should be skipped over in my search.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424562)
Posted by IronhidesGhost on September 27th, 2012 @ 7:31pm CDT
I found my set today at Galaxy Comics in Brooklyn. I paid BBTS price but got the thrill of the hunt. Walked in, and the first thing I saw was Junk Heap and I thought, "well, if worst comes to worst...." but then I saw Onslaught. And in succession I found all five. Complete set. $108 later I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I know now I need the G2 coloring and I had always planned on the Wreckers set when that comes out. I wouldn't mind having the Takara version as well... Ah the huge gorilla right arm. If you fold it up like he is making a fist or is using it to guard from a punch or missile then it looks normal and very comic book like.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424640)
Posted by Mykltron on September 28th, 2012 @ 4:10am CDT
We don't have wave one in England.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424650)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 28th, 2012 @ 5:35am CDT
They have been out in Asia for a month or two... The colours still look odd in person. :SICK: Holding out for the united one. Besides, buying all 5 hasbro ones will cost $118 at retail, when the united one is expected to cost $179. Still cheaper than the SDCC one. :grin:
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424655)
Posted by Va'al on September 28th, 2012 @ 6:22am CDT
Mykltron wrote:We don't have wave one in England.

Yes we do, at TRU!
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424670)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 28th, 2012 @ 8:03am CDT
I was planning on getting Takara's United Bruticus set, but that was before I read a review on Onslaught.

His arms, their articulation is almost as bad as G1. I understand that this is to be expected due to the combiner gimmick, but I just can't bring myself to buy the set.

BTW, that the hell is up with Vortex's fugly color scheme? The others are at least acceptable, if not exactly game-accurate.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424730)
Posted by datguy86 on September 28th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
I just opened these guys yesterday and it should be said the complaints about the figures feeling cheap and brittle are unfortunately accurate. Hollow does not begin to describe some of them - a shell would be more accurate.

On the other hand, there's a lot of good design on the figures. Tabs and small panels. Many joints are ratchet or swivel joints and not ball joints (though there are still ball joints), and Onslaught's the only one with negative modes. Vortex and Blast-off look great in either mode, and Swindle ain't bad either. Brawl is a little awkward in robot mode, but he still looks good.

Once I figure out how to fold Blastoff's arm mode in more realistically, the combined mode will look better. And ignore the recommended weapon combo for Bruticus - tooling around yields much better ones.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1424836)
Posted by Grimlock Shakur on September 28th, 2012 @ 2:24pm CDT
LET THE HUNT BEGIN!!!

they look nice... once I get them, I don't think I'll build Bruticus, he looks odd..., I'll leave some in bot mode and vehicle mode, maybe cooler that way! :-$
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1425324)
Posted by kitdaman on September 30th, 2012 @ 9:05am CDT
Saw these in a country store in Australia on Tuesday. They were on sale so I think they've been there for a while.