Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2  Combaticons In-Hand Images

Saturday, August 25th, 2012 1:11AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,016

With news that Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron wave 2 had been released overseas it was just a matter of time before some in-hand images started showing up. Courtesy of the Hobbybase and Planet Iacon facebook pages we have images of the brightly colored Combaticons in all three modes. Sure we've seen these molds plenty of times, but here they are in all their blinding glory! At least they'll be easy to spot hanging on the pegs when they hit domestic retail. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Hobbybase, Planet Iacon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413301)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on August 25th, 2012 @ 1:16am CDT
Huh...I used to think I was gonna pass on getting retail bruticus,but now I have the sudden urge to go get him...
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413303)
Posted by It Is Him on August 25th, 2012 @ 1:44am CDT
Bingo. This is the color scheme I want.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413304)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on August 25th, 2012 @ 1:50am CDT
Horrible colour scheme on an awesome figure...I'll stick with my SDCC Bruticus thank you~
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413309)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on August 25th, 2012 @ 2:05am CDT
I think I prefer this to the SDCC version, it looks more cohesive.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413310)
Posted by Actar on August 25th, 2012 @ 2:12am CDT
I don't know why, but this set just seems more 'attractive' than the SDCC one. Perhaps I'm just a fan of the striking colors, but I feel like it gives each robot a ton of added personality and individuality that comes across even in the combined mode.

Not to mention, anyone notice that the combiner pegs are either black or grey? Much better looking than the purple of the SDCC version.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413311)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 25th, 2012 @ 2:20am CDT
Not my cup o' energon, but I do respect the G2 color scheme that they promised. :CON:
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413312)
Posted by ausbot on August 25th, 2012 @ 2:39am CDT
THese should be the toys official photo's it makes the combined mode look fantastic!
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413314)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on August 25th, 2012 @ 2:55am CDT
You know, this stilly looks better than I was expecting. Looks like I'll be owning three copies of this now.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413327)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on August 25th, 2012 @ 5:51am CDT
Yes this definitely makes the combined mode look much better and the colour of each con aint bad , maybe onslaught could do without all that green on him , i think blast off looks a hell of a lot better , vortex well i don't like any version of him.

Still not a big fan of the over all look but i don't regret not buying any exclusive colour variant.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413328)
Posted by TheDownshift on August 25th, 2012 @ 6:09am CDT
Sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite hear you over the sound of my HIDEOUSLY AWESOME G2 DUDICUS
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413331)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 25th, 2012 @ 6:28am CDT
The karate-chop hand will forever ruin this for me.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413346)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 25th, 2012 @ 7:48am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413355)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on August 25th, 2012 @ 8:20am CDT
i like all of these figs over the sdcc and g2 versions, EXCEPT for blast off and maybe vortex.
i do have a question though, what does Bruticus look like when swindle and brawl are the arms and blast off and vortex are the legs?
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413363)
Posted by omega666 on August 25th, 2012 @ 8:50am CDT
How is it that this ugly ass version has the better colored combining ports while the SDCC version has the BRIGHT colors?
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413365)
Posted by njb902 on August 25th, 2012 @ 9:03am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:Why is it that this looks so much "beefier" than the photos we were shown?? Is it me but it looks thicker in onslaughts transformation.. Can't quite put my finger on it though..

it has to be the camera abgle doesn't it? then again maybe these are made differently from the sdcc. think thete is any chance they made the sdcc ones first and found their problems then did a quick fix to the main production runs?
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413368)
Posted by That Bot on August 25th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
When we got our first look back at Toy Fair, I didn't like these guys at all. But now....they're actually pretty cool-looking. I DON'T mind this color scheme after all, and it means each toy will be easy to pick out on shelves, instead of the mass of beige that was the game color version. Still holding out for the G2 one, though.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413370)
Posted by spiderbob007 on August 25th, 2012 @ 9:24am CDT
Brutics needs to work on something other than his arms and calves. Seriously though, I can live with the plastic colors, but I can't stand the yellow paint because of its day-glow quality and the fact that it is over sprayed.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413371)
Posted by Actar on August 25th, 2012 @ 9:26am CDT
Ah, Onslaught's legs are spread farther apart at the hip and Blast Off and Vortex don't have their joints pulled out all the way, hence making for a more proportioned look.
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413378)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 25th, 2012 @ 9:45am CDT
Yeah they'll definitely be stand alone TFs and the G2 homage still looks better than this...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Wave 2 Combaticons In-Hand Images (1413386)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 25th, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
I'll stick with G2 Bruticus.

I'm kinda curious as to how the Wrecker-combiner will turn out. Looks like it's got "dull military" colors as opposed to the blinding/brown extremes Bruticus keeps getting. Hopefully we see it before November so I could cancel G2 Bruticus if I prefer Ruination.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ENERGON Quickstrike MISB NEW 2004 Quick Strike Figure set - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 1 minute 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 1988 MIB 100% COMPLETE G1 PRETENDERS AUTOBOT GROUNDBREAKER - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 1 minute 15 seconds
Transformers G1 1980-84 RED CLIFFJUMPER hasbro takara minibot MINT - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 minute 57 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME CLIFF JUMPER BUMBLEBEE FIRST EDITION! - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 3 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Generations Scout Minicon Laserbeak Brawl Drivetrain Brake-Neck + - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 4 minutes 32 seconds
Defensor Italian 100% Complete Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 4 minutes 25 seconds
TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WITH JET WING REVOLTECH SCI-FI 040 FIGURE SA AP1040 - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 35 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPANESE BEAST WARS C-38 BAZOOKA - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 22 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016