Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 3:15PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,820

Let the hunt begin! The highly anticipated Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes have been spotted at domestic retail. It was announced during SDCC 2012 that the Asian market exclusive Transformers Generations figures would be taking their way Stateside as Toys"R"Us exclusives. The Deluxe wave featuring Springer, Swerve, Wheelie, and Cliffjumper was spotted a Toys"R"Us location in Illinois.

Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail

Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail

Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail

Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail
Credit(s): TFW2005 user DX7879, Primeultimus
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422144)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CDT

FYI: If you haven't played with the FE CJ mold, let me tell you: it's so much better than the PRID version it's not even funny. The PRID version is crap in comparison.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422147)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:31pm CDT
Let the what begin!?
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422148)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
I'll shoot by Toys "R" Us in a few hours before heading home to see if they're popping up on the East Coast as well.

I'll take a Wherlie, Springer, and maaaaaybe Cliffjumper, if this "Buy One, Get One Free" on all Transformers figures deal at my local store is still offering it.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422149)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:33pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Let the what begin!?

The hung, it seems.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422150)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:35pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

These are TRU exclusives, right? There's no way they're going to offer BOGO free on TRU exclusives.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422153)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CDT
Couldn't they wait with the releases for a little while longer? O well, the First Editions won't be too far behind then. :)
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422154)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CDT
I'll take the Wheelie and Swerve. Warbot is my Springer. Might go for the Cliffjumper too and put it with my Prime's.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422155)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Now that I think about it, its actually "Buy TWO Get One Free". I think you can, I'm not sure. Only way to find out is by asking. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422160)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 20th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
Wheelie and Springer don't look too bad but I already have one of each of those molds and already have a Classics Springer and Wheelie, so I'll probably just get Swerve.

When are we getting a Classics Skids and Gears?
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422163)
Posted by NemesisBee on September 20th, 2012 @ 4:08pm CDT
Yesterday I got Masterpiece Thundercracker, Voyager Dreadwing and Fall of Cybertron Jazz was free. So, the "Buy One, Get One Free" works for exclusives. I was also able to place them in Layaway. Thought this news would come in handy for anyone not wanting to shell out all the cash but still get all the figures.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422168)
Posted by XDMan on September 20th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422174)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 4:38pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Already? I thought it was going to happen a few days after Halloween, which may be in November. :???:

The more time progresses, the earlier the Christmas shopping season comes, it seems.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422178)
Posted by craggy on September 20th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
excellent news. I really want Wheelie and Springer, and quite tempted by the other 2. Not really holding out much hope of the TRU near me getting them in though.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422185)
Posted by redoutlander on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:02pm CDT
I love the Wheelie so I'll grab him. Great color and awsome mold! I've been wanting a triple changer springer for years. To bad Springer isn't a tripple changer. Swerve? i don't need him. Pass on cliffy, We don't need Four Hasbro cliffjumpers in one year.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422191)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:14pm CDT
Hasbro, is it really that complicated to make springer a triple changer like he should be?
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422204)
Posted by Rated X on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:36pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I've got two extra CJs and one each of Springer and Swerve (all sealed). Can't decide if I should put them on eBay now while people are looking for them in stores, or wait until they're gone from stores and then sell them.

How about returning them so other collectors can buy them in retail too ?
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422206)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:42pm CDT
Rated X wrote:

How about returning them so other collectors can buy them in retail too ?

Indeed. That would be better than ebay.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422207)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:43pm CDT
Rated X wrote:

How about returning them so other collectors can buy them in retail too ?

PREACH. I can understand if there were an overabundance of them at the store he bought them at, but snatching them up solely to make a profit and take them out of the hands of other collectors who actually want the figures is rather rude, in my opinion. When I found 4 MP Thundercrackers, did I buy them all? No. I bought 3....one for myself, and two for friends in other states who haven't been able to find him. I left the other one on the shelf, because I want another collector to have the thrill of turning down that aisle and finally finding him.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422255)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:10pm CDT
so whats the retail price for these guys $20? I want wheelie & springer but i already know they're going to be extremely overpriced especially if they're TRU exclusives.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Deluxes Spotted at Retail (1422261)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:19pm CDT
only gonna get wheelie maybe. all others i could care less about. springer looks ugly, i dont know who swerve is.

Ending Soon On eBay

RED ALERT w/ Longarm~ Transformers ARMADA~ 100% Complete~ Voyager Class~ 2002 - Time Remaining: 15 days 5 hours 3 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Movie Allspark Power Voyager Class Offroad Ironhide New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 12 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Reissue G1 Dinobot『SNARL』MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 57 minutes 49 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Leader Class MOVIE4 Bumblebee MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 44 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers MovIe First Voyager Class Optimus Prime New Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 45 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER 30TH ANNIVERSARY PREDOCON SKY-BYTE #7 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 46 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers MovIe First Voyager Class Thundercracker New Sealed Decepticon - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 47 minutes 49 seconds
Hot Transformers SDCC Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime Toys Mp 01 04 10 - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 3 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory