Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images

Transformers News: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images

Thursday, September 6th, 2012 8:31AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,217

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted official images of several upcoming assortments, and among them are the Asian exclusive Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Ironhide and Starscream. These are G1 deco of DOTM Leader Class Ironhide and HFTD Leader Class Strarscream. As far as we know we two are not currently scheduled for domestic release.

Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images

Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images

Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images
Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417427)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
The new battle damage on Starscream look absolutely horrendous. :SICK:
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417433)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:47am CDT
Red Leader Ironhide looks awesome!

Why does Starscream have the logo of Umbrella Corp. on his crotch? That mold just doesn't look good in parti-color. He looks like a clown.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417435)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:50am CDT
i love both the iron hide and starscream. but i have a red DOTM voyager ironhide and a G1 colored 2007 movie starscream. but i do want that megatron, hotspot, thundertron and ultra magnus.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417457)
Posted by Bubbah on September 6th, 2012 @ 9:49am CDT
Ironhide looks a lot better than I expected, robot mode isn't nearly the flood of red that I thought he'd be. But Starscream looks horrible. Alt mode isn't bad, but all that white in bot mode just brings out how ugly movie Starscream really is.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417465)
Posted by Kibble on September 6th, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
Is that the movie faction symbol on Megatron?

The only thing those movie leader figs do for me is make me wonder if maybe they shoulda just made Ironhide red from the start. Other than that, I couldn't possibly care less about those figures.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417469)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on September 6th, 2012 @ 10:22am CDT
The silver legs on ironhide looks way better than those blue jeans he's wearing on the black version.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417474)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 6th, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
Why did they add that weathered crap on starscream :(
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417483)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 6th, 2012 @ 10:59am CDT
That red Leader Ironhide looks great. I'd buy that as soon as I saw it if it were available. I certainly won't be spending the extra coin to get it shipped from overseas. Too bad they don't remove the electronics and weird chest cannon, too, while they recolor it.

Starscream looks awful. Robot mode coloring should be #1 when doing this kind of thing. It looks like they thought the jet mode was more important.

Ultra Magnus is lookin' good.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417484)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 6th, 2012 @ 11:00am CDT
Yeah, they really know how to ruin a figure with 'battle damage', don't they.

Ironhide looks great though. Especially with the painted wheels. It's amazing how much of a difference that makes. I already have the Voyager version though, and I doubt this leader will get released here.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417509)
Posted by Stockade on September 6th, 2012 @ 12:05pm CDT

LC Starscream looks like puke and re-puke if that makes sense? Anyway i have the orginal mold in the so called right movie colors. Too all the TJ Maxx and Marshall stores, go ahead and reserve a spot for this Starscream mold since thats where all toys end up after about a year anyway.

PowerDive = WANT

Megatron= WANT, but someone needs to come with a new head mold and non-limpy swords! COUGH!! Head Robots Cough!

Hot Spot = WANT to the billionth power and someone needs to make his two fireball cannons for Hot Spot as well. Hello 3rd parties out there.

Not sure who the other two are, but they look cool too!
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417512)
Posted by dedcat on September 6th, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
Please stop repainting movie toys in G1 colors.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417525)
Posted by rpetras on September 6th, 2012 @ 1:05pm CDT
Stockade wrote:Well LC Red Ironhide looks OK and i heard this LC mold is crap! Never had it and probably will never buy it!

You're missing out, it's a pretty cool figure.

Bit kibbly on the arms with how they did the transform, but other than that he's quite cool.

Paired up with HA Jazz and you have 2 of the finest 24th scale(approx) TFs around.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417541)
Posted by STngAR on September 6th, 2012 @ 1:56pm CDT
Movie figures can skydive without a parachute

Megs looks cool although I think there is too much purple

Yes to Hot Spot, Power Dive, Thundertron, and Ultra Magnus.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417542)
Posted by RhA on September 6th, 2012 @ 1:58pm CDT
Somehow, the combination of letters 'GDO' is really starting to tick me off.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417559)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 6th, 2012 @ 3:37pm CDT
Of these figures, only Hot Spot appeals to me, as I have the original. I also have G2 Megatron, and this new Banzaitron repaint is hideous...doesn't remotely remind me of his G2 incarnation. Some of the same colors, but not in the right places.

Starscream isn't as bad (to me). I still wouldn't pick him up, even if he was a domestic release. Ironhide I would pick up if he was offered in the U.S., but I'd repaint his feet. It looks like he's wearing nail polish. Maybe he borrowed it from Chromia? :P
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417561)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 6th, 2012 @ 3:42pm CDT
Stockade wrote:Well LC Red Ironhide looks OK and i heard this LC mold is crap!

Where did you hear that? Aside from limited pose-ability, I've only heard it described as anything from "decent" to "great". I've never heard anyone call it crap.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417579)
Posted by XDMan on September 6th, 2012 @ 5:04pm CDT
Ironhide's true colors! =P~ This does look much more better than the DOTM Voyager repaint. Screamer looks better in his Leader mold than the '07 Target release. :APPLAUSE:

Generations Voyagers are okay and we already saw the Voyager Prime and Screamer, but TT and UM are excellent!
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417604)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 6th, 2012 @ 6:36pm CDT
125$... each I bet?
IT'S THE CASE OF TWO!

So, incredibly, they are at normal (at least Canadian) retail price! If the shipping is reasonable, I may just buy them.

Problem is, I just want Starscream.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417650)
Posted by TulioDude on September 6th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CDT
Ironhide is looking nicer every time i look at him and i got my eye on Starscream.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1417989)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 7th, 2012 @ 8:14pm CDT
Know what's funny? I remember playing that Bayverse Transformers game on my old PS2, and they had a G1 skin for Starscream. I thought he looked really good in those colors and wished they made an awesome toy of him in those colors someday.

Yet now...he looks awful.

I'm not sure if it's an exact color-scheme from the game, though.

Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1418141)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 8th, 2012 @ 6:34am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:In any case, couldn't they have given him a different head like they did for the G1 retool of the 2007 voyager toy?

Yeah, that was the main reason why I got that one. I love it's goblinish head and that make it different enough from the original to buy again.

As for that G1 color Leader Starscream... Well, I am a fan and the Screamers are an important part of my collection. Still, on second thought, the new repaint is not different enough to buy again. Not for 100$ total anyway. (price + shipping)

Yeah, THAT, I'd buy.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1418183)
Posted by RhA on September 8th, 2012 @ 11:04am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Yeah, THAT, I'd buy.

The head-thing was done with the 2007 toys. Thundercracker and Skywarp had those GEEWUN-moviestyle mixups. Worked very well, IMO.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1418209)
Posted by TheTigerKing84 on September 8th, 2012 @ 1:02pm CDT
That red Ironhide repaint looks awesome. The Starscream looks like a weird acid trip.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1418346)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 8th, 2012 @ 9:10pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, I'd like to have a RotF/DotM repaint of Masterpiece Starscream. His head could be different. Kinda like a blend between classic and movie. His null rays should be replaced by massive machine guns.
Yeah, THAT, I'd buy.

I wonder how that might turn out, considering how different the two designs are.

That said, it might actually work out if they didn't try to Frankenstein Bayverse SS's ape-bird design and G1 SS's slim form. Instead they should try using Bayverse-style complexity, but preserve the humanoid form of G1.
Re: Transformers Generations GDO Leaders Starscream and Ironhide Images (1418355)
Posted by TulioDude on September 8th, 2012 @ 9:52pm CDT
I prefer Movie Starscream actual head.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys