Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot

Transformers News: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot

Sunday, May 5th, 2013 6:57AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 21,807

Courtesy of user cobra zartan over at TFW2005, we have images of another prototype for an upcoming figure: this time, it's Generations Trailbreakercutter! Take a look at the mirrored images below.

Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot

Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot

Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot
Credit(s): cobra zartan from TFW2005

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484577)
Posted by KnightStrike on May 5th, 2013 @ 7:16am CDT
I can't wait for this wave to hit retail. So far they are all looking great.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484579)
Posted by Henry921 on May 5th, 2013 @ 7:42am CDT
KnightStrike wrote:I can't wait for this wave to hit retail. So far they are all looking great.

Mostly agreed. I want three out of four, including him.

Trailcutter/Trailbreaker isn't a character I have a great deal of affection for, but I really like the aesthetics of both modes.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484581)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on May 5th, 2013 @ 7:50am CDT
Like the mold hate the weapon.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484602)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on May 5th, 2013 @ 10:20am CDT
I really like this guy. Even though I'm not collecting generations, I fully intend to pick him up for my Prime collection. That chest reminds me a lot of Bulkhead so I think he'll fit in nicely.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484606)
Posted by The Variable on May 5th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
Anyone feeling their inner Brainstorm, and itching to put GUNS in his LEGS? :)

Or a better accessory: his own glass of engex!

I'm mostly concerned with his rooftop gun/shield. I hope his vehicle mode doesn't suffer if the accessory goes missing, and that it stores properly in robot mode. If he can transform without needing to detach the roof, then even better.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484607)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 5th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
With him... my primary Classics goal will finally be complete.

...

I need a new goal. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484617)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on May 5th, 2013 @ 12:08pm CDT
Yes please..
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484620)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 5th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:With him... my primary Classics goal will finally be complete.

...

I need a new goal. ;)

How about the first set of Mini-Bots? We only need Brawn, Huffer and at the very least, Gears. In the second set, only Skids, Cosmos and Beachcomber are yet to be made.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484630)
Posted by warzon3 on May 5th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CDT
I want a hand cannon for this guy not that big thing that attaches to his forearm...

I also wish the autobot symbol would have stayed on his chest in bot mode instead of being hidden.

The Hoist repaint needs his yellow wings too.

I hope some one will make an upgrade kit for these guys?
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484633)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 5th, 2013 @ 1:00pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

...

I need a new goal. ;)

iGear is handling those guys for me. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484650)
Posted by Mkall on May 5th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
For some reason the shoulder don't look quite right. Either way I'll be getting him. It only too 9 years for a Classics Trailbreaker to be made.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484660)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 5th, 2013 @ 2:28pm CDT
It's looking good (despite the hollow legs). Really want to see him stood next to some Classics figures as I'm worried I'm going to be disappointed.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484665)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 5th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484676)
Posted by craggy on May 5th, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I like him, and I'll see about getting him, but I'd like him a lot more as Hoist. =P~

give it time, they'll probably get around to it.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484677)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 5th, 2013 @ 3:47pm CDT
craggy wrote:

give it time, they'll probably get around to it.

Probably? Probably?! They are, and it looks flippin' amazing! =P~

Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484686)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 5th, 2013 @ 4:10pm CDT
Nice, really liking the looks of this. Will definitely be adding him to my collection.
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484694)
Posted by craggy on May 5th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
craggy wrote:

give it time, they'll probably get around to it.

Probably? Probably?! They are, and it looks flippin' amazing! =P~

don't think I'd seen that. really nice. better than Trailthinger. Probably get them both though, because "forcefield face!"
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484713)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 5th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT
And that should complete my Autobot G1 scientists/engineers/medics list. :D
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484768)
Posted by rubenorte on May 6th, 2013 @ 3:32am CDT
I like Classics style toys. I want this. I'm just not happy with the battle ready look of the alt mode. Those cannons really kill the concept of robots in disguise. :(
Re: Transformers Generations IDW Trailcutter Test Shot (1484770)
Posted by 1984forever on May 6th, 2013 @ 4:23am CDT
I was actually considering passing on this because of that stupid battle truck mode. But I can salvage this mess... I plan on throwing the canopy straight into the trash as soon as I get it. My Trailbreaker is going to be a pick-up truck. His projector will be hacked off and replaced with a G1 projector that will be pegged directly into the back of his head in robot mode only. Next, I'm going to paint his face black, and his visor blue. Then I'm going to wait for someone to design him a gun arm using Shapeways. :grin: