Transformers Generations Scamper Image

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Scamper Image

Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 6:28AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,304

Amidst all the teasers so far from TFYuki for Generations Metroplex, we finally get something new to look at. Seen previously as just a small image on a box, we finally get a good look at his buddy Scamper. Not only do we get Generations Scamper, we get a comparison to his G1 self. The image has been mirrored for you.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images
Credit(s): TFYuki

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483908)
Posted by Burn on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:32am CDT
Kinda liking the G1 version more.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483910)
Posted by Zeedust on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:35am CDT
Scamper looks pretty solid for a little guy, but some paint apps would be nice.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483911)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT
Burn wrote:Kinda liking the G1 version more.

But elbows! And knees! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483912)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT

Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483913)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:40am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:It looks okay, but the plastic looks smokey black. Kinda wish it looked more like this:

That looks smokey black to me too. :-?

In any case, this doesn't look like the final product, judging from the head.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483915)
Posted by Arctorro on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:48am CDT
Va'al wrote:In any case, this doesn't look like the final product, judging from the head.
Agreed.

I don't recall seeing anything that even resembles a paint app on Metroplex. Hasbro might be a bit stingy when it comes to them, but even they aren't that bad. These look like an unpainted prototype that is being used purely for scale and not for showing us the final product.

I like what I've seen so far, but wish the city mode hid the bot head and limbs better.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483916)
Posted by Burn on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:54am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Burn wrote:Kinda liking the G1 version more.

But elbows! And knees! :KREMZEEK:

Over-rated.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483919)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:24am CDT
I have G1 Metroplex, but I don't have a G1 Scamper, so if anyone's willing to give me theirs, send me a message and I'll give you my address details.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483920)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:38am CDT
im loving these new legends figures. and i love this scamper.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483921)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:48am CDT

I'd call that smokey black. Then again, in those old cartoons, I don't think they could really DO a true pitch-black black. If they did, it wouldn't animate well; you wouldn't be able to see the lines between parts. So that smokey black/charcoal color was probably their "black".

I wish they'd kept the wheels on the legs instead of moving them to the arms.

Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483922)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
small but sexy. i like the mold.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483926)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 2nd, 2013 @ 8:04am CDT
Aw. What a cute little scamp.

Not crazy about the all red head, but for a freebie figure I can live with it.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483930)
Posted by Rated X on May 2nd, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483932)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2013 @ 8:30am CDT
Rated X wrote:Looks good. Now lets just hope it's scout class and not a legends kids meal toy.
Too late. :P

It's a "new Legends" class toy, as opposed to an "old Legends" class which is now known as "Legion" class. The new Legends class falls in between Legion and Commander, but is just a smidge shorter than the latter. It's the same size class as the new Optimus w/ Roller and Bumblebee w/ Blazemaster toys are.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483937)
Posted by rpetras on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:01am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:But let's keep this in perspective; we're nit-picking something that is almost inconsequential next to the behemoth it comes with.

I dunno, Scamper, that simple transforming b@stard, was always one of my favorite G1 bots when I was a kid.

Six wheeled cars are cool.
Black Cars are cool.
And he was a small figure that could easily fit in my pocket and I could take to school.
Win Win Win!

While G1 Metroplex WAS awesome, let's face it, he turned into a building.
And if he was to go to school, he'd need his own seat on the bus.

I'll agree that I hope the final product is done in a nice glossy black plastic, not the prototype grey that have him in in the sample shots. But overall, I'm looking forward to this little guy almost as much as Metroplex himself.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483938)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:02am CDT
cool looking figure, hope they repaint/remold him down the road.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483941)
Posted by Diem on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
No, Scamper does not need more paint apps. He needs to be pure jet black, maybe with one red Autobot symbol. And he doesn't need that stupid-ass Bumper headsculpt.

Hasbro, I don't care how badly you screw up 'Plex but you need to get Scamper right.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483944)
Posted by Yweggo on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
He looks kinda like Generations Jazz/Sideswipe to me
Mold-that is.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483952)
Posted by D-340 on May 2nd, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
Not sure I'm diggin' the red head, but Scamper looks pretty good. Can't wait for this Metroplex to be released. Super excited about it.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483958)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 2nd, 2013 @ 10:48am CDT
Why does everyone think these are the final colors. They obviously aren't. Just like that FOC Megatron prototype that we saw earlier. They always color test shots differently for reference

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Animated Activators Decepticon Air Warriors Skywarp NEW - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 2 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 MOTORMASTER in BOX + Bubble hasbro takara menasor incomplet - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 3 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars C-05 Big Convoy (C-35) Takara Sono King USA Seller - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 23 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 BLAST-OFF bruticus japan takara - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 37 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS E-HOBBY COBALT RAVAGE LASERBEAK REPAINT SET TAKARA REISSUE JAPANESE - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 24 minutes 2 seconds
Alternators Transformers Robots in Disguise Jaguar XK Ravage MISB - Time Remaining: 21 days 19 hours 40 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 ONSLAUGHT bruticus japan takara - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 11 minutes 58 seconds
HASBRO 2008 MIGHTY MUGGS - TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 50 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive