Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations Scamper Image

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Scamper Image

Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 6:28AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 21,029

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Amidst all the teasers so far from TFYuki for Generations Metroplex, we finally get something new to look at. Seen previously as just a small image on a box, we finally get a good look at his buddy Scamper. Not only do we get Generations Scamper, we get a comparison to his G1 self. The image has been mirrored for you.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images
Credit(s): TFYuki
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483908)
Posted by Burn on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:32am CDT
Kinda liking the G1 version more.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483910)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:35am CDT
Scamper looks pretty solid for a little guy, but some paint apps would be nice.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483911)
Posted by Va'al on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT
Burn wrote:Kinda liking the G1 version more.


But elbows! And knees! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483912)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT
It looks okay, but the plastic looks smokey black. Kinda wish it looked more like this:

Image
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483913)
Posted by Va'al on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:40am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:It looks okay, but the plastic looks smokey black. Kinda wish it looked more like this:

Image


That looks smokey black to me too. :-?

In any case, this doesn't look like the final product, judging from the head.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483915)
Posted by Arctorro on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:48am CDT
Va'al wrote:In any case, this doesn't look like the final product, judging from the head.
Agreed.

I don't recall seeing anything that even resembles a paint app on Metroplex. Hasbro might be a bit stingy when it comes to them, but even they aren't that bad. These look like an unpainted prototype that is being used purely for scale and not for showing us the final product.

I like what I've seen so far, but wish the city mode hid the bot head and limbs better.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483916)
Posted by Burn on May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:54am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Burn wrote:Kinda liking the G1 version more.


But elbows! And knees! :KREMZEEK:


Over-rated.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483919)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:24am CDT
I have G1 Metroplex, but I don't have a G1 Scamper, so if anyone's willing to give me theirs, send me a message and I'll give you my address details.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483920)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:38am CDT
im loving these new legends figures. and i love this scamper.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483921)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:48am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:It looks okay, but the plastic looks smokey black. Kinda wish it looked more like this:

Image


I'd call that smokey black. Then again, in those old cartoons, I don't think they could really DO a true pitch-black black. If they did, it wouldn't animate well; you wouldn't be able to see the lines between parts. So that smokey black/charcoal color was probably their "black".

I wish they'd kept the wheels on the legs instead of moving them to the arms.

But let's keep this in perspective; we're nit-picking something that is almost inconsequential next to the behemoth it comes with.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483922)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
small but sexy. i like the mold.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483926)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 2nd, 2013 @ 8:04am CDT
Aw. What a cute little scamp.


Not crazy about the all red head, but for a freebie figure I can live with it.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483930)
Posted by Rated X on May 2nd, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
Looks good. Now lets just hope it's scout class and not a legends kids meal toy.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483932)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2013 @ 8:30am CDT
Rated X wrote:Looks good. Now lets just hope it's scout class and not a legends kids meal toy.
Too late. :P

It's a "new Legends" class toy, as opposed to an "old Legends" class which is now known as "Legion" class. The new Legends class falls in between Legion and Commander, but is just a smidge shorter than the latter. It's the same size class as the new Optimus w/ Roller and Bumblebee w/ Blazemaster toys are.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483937)
Posted by rpetras on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:01am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:But let's keep this in perspective; we're nit-picking something that is almost inconsequential next to the behemoth it comes with.


I dunno, Scamper, that simple transforming b@stard, was always one of my favorite G1 bots when I was a kid.

Six wheeled cars are cool.
Black Cars are cool.
And he was a small figure that could easily fit in my pocket and I could take to school.
Win Win Win!

While G1 Metroplex WAS awesome, let's face it, he turned into a building.
And if he was to go to school, he'd need his own seat on the bus.

I'll agree that I hope the final product is done in a nice glossy black plastic, not the prototype grey that have him in in the sample shots. But overall, I'm looking forward to this little guy almost as much as Metroplex himself.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483938)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:02am CDT
cool looking figure, hope they repaint/remold him down the road.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483941)
Posted by Diem on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
No, Scamper does not need more paint apps. He needs to be pure jet black, maybe with one red Autobot symbol. And he doesn't need that stupid-ass Bumper headsculpt.

Hasbro, I don't care how badly you screw up 'Plex but you need to get Scamper right.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483944)
Posted by Yweggo on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
He looks kinda like Generations Jazz/Sideswipe to me
Mold-that is.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483952)
Posted by D-340 on May 2nd, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
Not sure I'm diggin' the red head, but Scamper looks pretty good. Can't wait for this Metroplex to be released. Super excited about it.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483958)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 2nd, 2013 @ 10:48am CDT
Why does everyone think these are the final colors. They obviously aren't. Just like that FOC Megatron prototype that we saw earlier. They always color test shots differently for reference
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483961)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 2nd, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Why does everyone think these are the final colors. They obviously aren't. Just like that FOC Megatron prototype that we saw earlier. They always color test shots differently for reference


Whoa, hold the phone. FOC Megatron? Do you mean Beast Hunters Megatron?
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483964)
Posted by RAcast on May 2nd, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Why does everyone think these are the final colors. They obviously aren't. Just like that FOC Megatron prototype that we saw earlier. They always color test shots differently for reference


Whoa, hold the phone. FOC Megatron? Do you mean Beast Hunters Megatron?

No, he means FoC Megatron, for lack of a better name at the moment. :lol: We saw a prototype a while ago of FoC Grimlock with BW Megatron's head. I'd wager we'll see it in the Generations line down the road soon-ish here.

You're right about BH Megatron, that's another good example of the same thing happening.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483966)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 2nd, 2013 @ 11:09am CDT
RAcast wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Why does everyone think these are the final colors. They obviously aren't. Just like that FOC Megatron prototype that we saw earlier. They always color test shots differently for reference


Whoa, hold the phone. FOC Megatron? Do you mean Beast Hunters Megatron?

No, he means FoC Megatron, for lack of a better name at the moment. :lol: We saw a prototype a while ago of FoC Grimlock with BW Megatron's head. I'd wager we'll see it in the Generations line down the road soon-ish here.

You're right about BH Megatron, that's another good example of the same thing happening.


Oh, that Megatron. Thought we meant a straight up new mold based off of his appearance in Fall of Cybetron.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483974)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Why does everyone think these are the final colors. They obviously aren't. Just like that FOC Megatron prototype that we saw earlier. They always color test shots differently for reference


Whoa, hold the phone. FOC Megatron? Do you mean Beast Hunters Megatron?

No, he means FoC Megatron, for lack of a better name at the moment. :lol: We saw a prototype a while ago of FoC Grimlock with BW Megatron's head. I'd wager we'll see it in the Generations line down the road soon-ish here.

You're right about BH Megatron, that's another good example of the same thing happening.


Oh, that Megatron. Thought we meant a straight up new mold based off of his appearance in Fall of Cybetron.
Probably would have been safer to say "Generation Beast Megatron" or "FOC Beast Megatron" or something. ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483981)
Posted by El Duque on May 2nd, 2013 @ 12:13pm CDT
Almost certainly just a test shot. I'm sure the final product will be black as he should be. Just wish we were also getting Sixgun and Slammer, maybe a 3rd party will make them happen.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483982)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2013 @ 12:17pm CDT
And paint him red to release with Metrotitan FOR THE WIN! :ic$:
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483989)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:06pm CDT
Guessing his final paint job might look like this?

revised.jpg


And guessing that most of us hope he might look like this?

revised2.jpg
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483992)
Posted by Flashwave on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:13pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Burn wrote:Kinda liking the G1 version more.


But elbows! And knees! :KREMZEEK:


Over-rated.



Idunno, i kinda like having a lap, and being able to sit down. But hey, wrap yourself in duct tape and see what works for ya I guess....
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483995)
Posted by Diem on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:26pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:
And guessing that most of us hope he might look like this?

revised2.jpg


Make the eyes and face black too and you have my vote.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483998)
Posted by RAcast on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
Diem wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:
And guessing that most of us hope he might look like this?

revised2.jpg


Make the eyes and face black too and you have my vote.

The GEEWUN is strong with this one. #-o

Why would you want it to be straight black? You can't see any detail that way, it just looks like a chunk of black plastic. XD The silver with blue visor looks fantastic by the way!
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1483999)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
black.jpg


AHH. Shooting for the G1 unpainted toy look. I'm thinking the face is 100% animation model, though. Hmmm. I'm not sure I agree... looks like an unpainted prototype or something. Maybe if they used charcoal or metallic gunmetal gray paint for his face and limbs for a little bit of refinement.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484004)
Posted by Diem on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Diem wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:
And guessing that most of us hope he might look like this?

revised2.jpg


Make the eyes and face black too and you have my vote.

The GEEWUN is strong with this one. #-o

Why would you want it to be straight black? You can't see any detail that way, it just looks like a chunk of black plastic. XD The silver with blue visor looks fantastic by the way!

It's nothing to do with GEEWUN fandom. It was just that the total blackness made Scamper look truly unique, like he was some kind of special forces car or Disaster Area's ship from HGTTG. It looked seriously cool.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484005)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT
Yeah. I get your point. I'd be happy either way... if the "black" version had a bit of gunmetal charcoal gray for accents.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484013)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:
black.jpg


AHH. Shooting for the G1 unpainted toy look. I'm thinking the face is 100% animation model, though. Hmmm. I'm not sure I agree... looks like an unpainted prototype or something.
Or a chase figure. Or a "Stealth Mode" variant (like what the reissue Multiforce had). ;)
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484018)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 2nd, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
LOL. You don't have to tell me. I bought-tha-h3ll-outta-sum black multiforce bots. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484466)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 4th, 2013 @ 3:51pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:No, I'm not talking about the Kabaya candy toy.

Skip to 16:50 in this video by the awesome Thew to see said knock-off Fort Max
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzn44jgOTYA
And correctin myself earlier, it's deluxe class sized.



That is the one I have! And who is this guy doing the review?? He's hilarious!

"Miles Bennet Killbison!"

I've seen his videos listed on Youtube before, but that's the first time I've actually watched one. I've now got a sneaking suspicion I went to the same primary school as him. Either way he's bloody brilliant.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484840)
Posted by El Duque on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
Here's a couple of additional images from TFYuki. Nothing new really, but fun images none the less. We've decided his images won't be hitting the frontpage unless they reveal something new. Enjoy!

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484841)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484843)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:30am CDT
*sigh* We finally get a Blitzwing and Trailbreacutter, and then Metroplex happens, and we need to buy everyone again but in a smaller scale. This hobby will never end, will it?
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484844)
Posted by Diem on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)

I'll eat my Botcon T-shirt if it can actually stand in that pose.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484846)
Posted by RAcast on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
Diem wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)

I'll eat my Botcon T-shirt if it can actually stand in that pose.

There's little likelihood it'll -stay- in that pose, at least leaning forward like that, but the point is that he's VERY posable for being so huge. :P
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484848)
Posted by RhA on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:42am CDT
Diem wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)

I'll eat my Botcon T-shirt if it can actually stand in that pose.


Will you post proof?
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484851)
Posted by Diem on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
RhA wrote:
Diem wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)

I'll eat my Botcon T-shirt if it can actually stand in that pose.


Will you post proof?

Only if Ryan makes it Seibertron.com's banner image.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484853)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
This confirm suspicions that this and Scampe are merely production samples. Not nearly enough red detailing, and his bridge-like area/canopy is unpainted.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484859)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 6th, 2013 @ 12:11pm CDT
I have to say... a LOT of what Hasbro has put out in the past couple of years has left me cold. The sculpts for a lot of the heads, vehicles, gestalts have been so far off the mark... comparing them with their 3rd party counterparts was pretty sad.

BUT... this. THIS is amazing. Great sculpt, detail, articulation, scale... respectful and well-executed homage. Bravo. You have me back on board. Keep it coming.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484862)
Posted by El Duque on May 6th, 2013 @ 12:17pm CDT
Diem wrote:
RhA wrote:
Diem wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)

I'll eat my Botcon T-shirt if it can actually stand in that pose.


Will you post proof?

Only if Ryan makes it Seibertron.com's banner image.


I bet I could make that happen :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484863)
Posted by Jazz813 on May 6th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CDT
Those pictures are fricking awesome, can't wait to get mine in the hands. :D
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484868)
Posted by craggy on May 6th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CDT
yeah, looking really good. hope to see some pics of the finished colours for both Hasbro and T/T versions soon, so I can decide which I want to preorder.
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484869)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 6th, 2013 @ 12:43pm CDT
which version to order... or which VERSIONS? >:oP :-?
Re: Transformers Generations Scamper Image (1484870)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2013 @ 12:45pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
Diem wrote:
RhA wrote:
Diem wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, work it, baby! Work those joints, Metroplex! 8)

I'll eat my Botcon T-shirt if it can actually stand in that pose.


Will you post proof?

Only if Ryan makes it Seibertron.com's banner image.


I bet I could make that happen :KREMZEEK:


Diem and ED better deliver. >:oP

Click here to view an additional 94 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...