Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive?

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive?

Saturday, April 27th, 2013 9:52AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,835

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC exclusive? Site sponsor Robotkingdom has updated their pre-order page for the ACG-CON HK Exclusive version with a description that states it's expected to have the SDCC color scheme. This actually coincides with insider info that we were given prior to Metroplex's big reveal at Toy Fair 2013. As we know from past SDCC's Hasbro isn't afraid to bring out the big guns for their exclusives. Last year Transformers fans got the Fall of Cybertron Bruticus box set and they released the massive Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. Super Helicarrier. No hints as to what the new the deco will be, but the G1 mold did have one repaint as Metrotitan.

Robotkingdom wrote:Description :
Preorder.
Available in September 2013.

This item is expected to have SDCC Style colour.

More Information will be updated on our website and facebook.

Please note these are merely stock images of the retail release from the Robotkingdom pre-order page and not indicative of the potential exclusive.

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC?

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC?

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC?
Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482554)
Posted by omega666 on April 27th, 2013 @ 10:47am CDT
Great! If that's going to be the exclusive colors, watch the retail version be some hideously colored crap. If that's so, I'll get neither.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482555)
Posted by KnightStrike on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:01am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482559)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:11am CDT
KnightStrike wrote:I hope this isn't a repeat of the FoC Combaticons deal from last year, because if we finally get an amazing Metroplex mold and Hasbro gives us the more affordable retail release as Skittleplex it will be depressing. As expensive as this mold is going to be already I know I will never be able to afford a SDCC version. :-(

Ok. Skittleplex sounds amazing. :D
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482561)
Posted by KnightStrike on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
Va'al wrote:

Ok. Skittleplex sounds amazing. :D

:lol: I can see the 3rd party candy dispenser add-on now :D
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482562)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:22am CDT
For all that is good and holy, please just be a repaint into Metrotitan as a powered up version of Metroplex... :PRAY: I want to be able to afford a traditionally-colored Metroplex, not what others are calling Skittleplex.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482565)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
Year: 2013
Wanted: Generations Springer, Generations Metroplex, Mp-17 and Mp-19.
Details: All bought on site.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482567)
Posted by Mkall on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CDT
I'm hoping for a hyper-accurate FoC colourscheme. That way I won't have to buy it.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482570)
Posted by AdamPrime on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CDT

They've put a gun (?) on top of it but it still looks silly. :P

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482572)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:51pm CDT

Or, it could be that old "G2 'Las Vegas-decoed' golden Metroplex" idea that was suggested by one of the hosts on an old Seibertron.com Twincast Podcast episode from way back when.

I really don't want to have to shell out another mountain of cash for another SDCC exclusive.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482573)
Posted by Maxman on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
What does sdcc stand for?
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482575)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
AdamPrime wrote:There's gotta be something you can do with that right arm. Just look at it, sticking out awkwardly from the side there in city mode.

They've put a gun (?) on top of it but it still looks silly. :P

You're just now noticing this?

It doesn't look awkward to me. You can probably position the arm however you want, so then you won't have that awkardness poking out.

[quote]
Anyways, can't see the SDCC version being a Metrotitan... Most fans will only buy one version, and you can bet they'll go with whichever one has the classic colorscheme - exclusive or not.[/quote]

I honestly think they would, but if it is decoed as Metrotitan, he will probably be represented as either Metrotitan himself or Metroplex in a powered-up form. This isn't the first time they used alternate decos based off of other characters as a powered up form. Armada Starscream, for example, was decoed into Thundercracker in toy form, but in the show itself, this represented Starscream "powered-up".

Sabrblade wrote:I'm hoping it's just a super shiny version with silver chrome or metallic paint or something like that. That way, it can just be "Metroplex Bling Version" who appeals to those who like shiny toys, with the retail version being the regular non-shiny beauty of a figure that we've seen pics of all this time.

I could get behind this.

Maxman wrote:What does sdcc stand for?

San Diego Comic Con.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482576)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
Maxman wrote:What does sdcc stand for?

Surely you've heard of the San Diego Comic-Con?
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482578)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:03pm CDT
Ok, looking at it I think I see a shoulder swivel but no shoulder out swivel. I see what it looks like to be a ratchet swivel elbow (complete elbow articulation). I think I see a waist swivel (thats a guess though). And to top it off, it has a leg/thigh ratchet up and out swivel. I just hope please have some knee joints.

If this thing has those joints I just said, then that would make it Actually Poposeable. :shock:

Just imagine a Two foot Articulated Transformer. :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482580)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:Ok, looking at it I think I see a shoulder swivel but no shoulder out swivel. I see what it looks like to be a ratchet swivel elbow (complete elbow articulation). I think I see a waist swivel (thats a guess though). And to top it off, it has a leg/thigh ratchet swivel. I just hope please have some knee joints.

Just imagine a Two foot Articulated Transformer. :DANCE:

Seriously, we've had these images for a while now, so this is not really surprising.

If he didn't have a waist swivel, he wouldn't be able to pull off his base mode.

And yes, his arm can swivel out, he has knees, his "hip" swivels are on his knees, and he obviously has ratcheting elbows (if he didn't, his elbows would get floppier and floppier as time wears them down).
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482585)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Just imagine a Two foot Articulated Transformer. :DANCE:

And my initial concern was that if the knees could bend or it the arms can go straight out like for example:the new Springer figure can do. Can you answer that? And where do you see the waist turning.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482589)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:48pm CDT
It'll either be Metrotitan, or it'll be the TakaraTomy version in special edition packaging and have the second gun. Probably go for like $150.00 instead of $99.99

I'm almost sure of it.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482590)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Just imagine a Two foot Articulated Transformer. :DANCE:

I know we have seen these photos for a while now. And you just repeated what I just said about the joints I just didn't want to put my word on it. And if you look at the abs and the crotch part thats straight. Its not turning from left to right. So I do not see a waist swivel. All ii see is a tiny gap between those parts where there could be a possible left to right swivel. And my initial concern was that if the knees could bend or it the arms can go straight out like for example:the new Springer figure can do. Can you answer that? And where do you see the waist turning?
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482591)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:It'll either be Metrotitan, or it'll be the TakaraTomy version in special edition packaging and have the second gun.

That's... actually plausible. Wouldn't have thought of the latter.

I'll keep on with the theory that it will be repainted as Metrotitan/powered-up Metroplex, but that is definitely worth considering.

[quote]Probably go for like $150.00 instead of $99.99[/quote]

More like "it would go for $175.00 instead of $125.00".
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482595)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

That's... actually plausible. Wouldn't have thought of the latter.

[quote]Probably go for like $150.00 instead of $99.99

More like "it would go for $175.00 instead of $125.00".[/quote]

Well, TRU has it listed for $99.99 in Canada's computers. The US is usually the same or cheaper. I can't imagine it going for $125.00...at first.

Still, $175.00 sounds likely, given that it's CC.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Exclusive? (1482602)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:12pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Just imagine a Two foot Articulated Transformer. :DANCE:

I did not repeat; I confirmed.

Look real closely at the red circles I've provided.

Note the differences between both modes' placement of the wheels and the crotch (or rather, butt for the base mode).

I can't answer your question because I don't know what you are asking. Please rephrase.

Autobot032 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
[quote]Probably go for like $150.00 instead of $99.99

More like "it would go for $175.00 instead of $125.00".

Still, $175.00 sounds likely, given that it's CC.[/quote]

Back at Toy Fair, they had said the base price was $125.00, so that was the basis of that.

Did we have an article saying that Toys "R" Us had listed it in their database as $99.99? If we had reported it, I was probably out of town and without internet access when it was reported.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers ROTF VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME MINT 100% COMP.  2009 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 9 days 1 hour 59 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS SKYWARP - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 44 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS STARSCREAM - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 14 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS SCOOP - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 29 minutes 43 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS 4 AGE OF EXTINCTION GENERATIONS LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 35 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS 2015 TOKYO TOY SHOW EXCLUSIVE ROTF LEADER NIGHTMARE MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 31 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers BEAST WARS OPTIMUS PRIMAL MIB 100% COMP.  1998 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 8 days 8 hours 31 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Blu-ray+DVD With Grimlock Statue Sealed Blu-ray! - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 32 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016