Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image

Saturday, April 20th, 2013 4:44PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,781

Such a tease! TFYuki has posted another teaser image of Generations Metroplex with Encore Fortress Maximus. This image shows off Metroplex's light-up eye feature.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Images
Credit(s): TFYuki
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480567)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 20th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
Eerie. =P~
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480568)
Posted by njb902 on April 20th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Eerie. =P~

Indiana? Seriously though that's awesome.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480569)
Posted by Mkall on April 20th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
He's behind you Fortress Maximus! Just turn around! Oh, that's right you don't have any articulation.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480581)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 20th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT
I dont get the purpose of the teaser images.
Wasnt the WHOLE FAWKING BOT revealed at Toyfare a few montrhs back? The pictures are all over Google, even the base mode.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to buy him for my Cyberverse display. I do hope this will be for a real a nd true WIDE release. Not some TrU exclusive bullshit.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480582)
Posted by Badboy4life on April 20th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT
Bow down to a player who greater than you fool. See you in September
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480591)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 20th, 2013 @ 7:20pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I dont get the purpose of the teaser images.

I think they're just to tease the actual height of the figure vs Fort Max.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480596)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 20th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
Face it guy's, we were right
Metroplex rocks, fort max is stupid
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480598)
Posted by Mkall on April 20th, 2013 @ 7:56pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:Face it guy's, we were right
Metroplex rocks, fort max is stupid

Not so, they're apples and oranges. They're both big and that's about it. They're designed for different audiences.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480603)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
IMHO, I always found Fort Max to be a more appealing guy than Metroplex. Even before I started reading TF comics, Fort Max just seemed to have so much more going for him. Here's a rundown of all the things I saw each had going for them:

Metroplex

• Large guy[/*:m]
  • Citybot[/*:m]
  • Battle Station mode[/*:m]
  • Slammer, Scamper, and Six-Gun[/*:m][/list:u]

Fortress Maximus:

• Large guy[/*:m]
    • Citybot[/*:m]
    • Battle Station mode/Battleship Maximus (Japan only)[/*:m]
    • Double Headmaster[/*:m]
    • Master Sword (Japan only)[/*:m]
    • Autobot Headmasters Commander[/*:m]
    • Autobot Supreme Commander (Japan only)[/*:m]
    • Pacifistic idealist[/*:m]
    • Binary-bonded to well known human ally Spike Witwicky (certain versions)[/*:m]
    • Gasket and Grommet --> Cog[/*:m][/list:u]

Now, granted, I'm still very far behind in reading the IDW G1 comics, so Metroplex may come to wow me in that continuity. But as of now, the most this new Titan class Metroplex toy has over Fort Max IMO is both his height (two inches taller than Max) and his modern-day articulation.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480606)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 20th, 2013 @ 8:24pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:Face it guy's, we were right
Metroplex rocks, fort max is stupid

Metroplex is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but Fort Maximus nails it when it comes to badassery, articulate or not.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480610)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on April 20th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
I'm more of a Metroplex guy myself, but Fort Max is not in any definition, stupid.

I'm excited to see the review of this guy!!
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480614)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 20th, 2013 @ 9:14pm CDT
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
I'm excited to see the review of this guy!!

Agreed. Can't get here any sooner.

Watch it have tons of flaws like Blitzwing, thus crushing our hopes and dreams.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480615)
Posted by Stormrider on April 20th, 2013 @ 9:17pm CDT
I want to like the titan class but I am not blown away with Fort Max nor Generations Metroplex. So far, their gimics and transformations seem lame for toys that are toy feet tall. G1 Cassettes do better at hiding their alt mode parts than these giants.

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480618)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 20th, 2013 @ 9:31pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:G1 Cassettes do better at hiding their alt mode parts than these giants.

I'm confused; so are you saying that the cassettes hide their alt. mode kibble better than the city-formers, or what? Just need clarification.

[quote]With all the engineering, size, and money - I am expecting better transformations as well as battle station and city modes.[/quote]

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480627)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on April 20th, 2013 @ 10:37pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Heck yeah, I'll second that! I'm totally geeked about this guy. It can potentially be a toy of legendary awesomeness if it is done correctly without the corner cutting Hasbro has proscribed to in recent years.

One thing I'm really hoping is that they don't use any rubber or garbage plastic (PVC) on this figure. Nothing ruins an otherwise great figure like soft, malleable plastic that changes shape in hot weather and eventually turns sticky or oily.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480629)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 20th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:Nothing ruins an otherwise great figure like soft, malleable plastic that changes shape in hot weather and eventually turns sticky or oily.

One word: Antennae.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480634)
Posted by Stormrider on April 20th, 2013 @ 10:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Well, he's over two feet tall, he boasts voice clips and lights, including light-up pupils which can be adjusted to look around, his head features a flip-down visor to emulate his 80's cartoon appearance, and the usual base shenanigans one would expect from him, and he's sorta a triple-changer on a super-large scale. I'd say he's well worth the $125.[/quote]

Sorry, meant G1 cassettes hide their robot parts better in alt mode than this figure. And I am using that just as a size ratio/engineering comparison. (There are certainly other larger transformers that do a much better job hiding the robot parts in alt modes - and vice/versa).

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480664)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on April 21st, 2013 @ 7:06am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

One word: Antennae.

Oh yeah...I bet you're right about that. :-(
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480665)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on April 21st, 2013 @ 7:10am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

One word: Antennae.

Oh yeah...I bet you're right about that. :-(
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex Teaser Image (1480667)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 21st, 2013 @ 7:16am CDT
Stormrider wrote:The sound chips and light up gimmicks are nice, but I had higher hopes that a Titan figure designed today would have more folds and panels to hide hands and to make each mode quite unique.

True, but the more parts a toy has, the bigger a potential hazard it becomes once those, often big, parts either break off, or even get little fingers stuck in sliding panels or rotating joints.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem