Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips

Monday, June 24th, 2013 6:22AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 12,842

YouTube user TheGame2K5 has uploaded a video of showing off the many sound clips from the eagerly awaited Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex. The figure features seven voice clips, which include his famous "Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime" line from the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game, plus several other sound effects. Check out the video embedded below.

Credit(s): TheGame2K5
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497619)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2013 @ 6:33am CDT
I can't help but wonder if the tiny Optimus inside Metroplex's window kepps getting seasick with how much the cockpit rocks and shakes with each push of the button. :P

Also, I know it's probably Fred Tatasciore's voice, but I'm still hearing hints of Bill Fagerbakke in that voice.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497634)
Posted by omega666 on June 24th, 2013 @ 6:54am CDT
Yeah. I'm taking the batteries out.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497637)
Posted by reluctantyouth on June 24th, 2013 @ 7:05am CDT
Ugh...not happy with the voice or sound effects at all. But my major complaint is why in the world would someone take the time to highlight the sounds and not do a transformation review?! Why is there no review posted for this figure yet...heck you do not have to talk...just transform the darn thing and let us see it!!! :-x
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497774)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 24th, 2013 @ 10:45pm CDT
The sound clips look like they were taken directly from the FoC game itself. Like it or not, at least it's better than Tom "Spongebob" Kenny's attempt at Starscream for the movieverse leader class toy.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497777)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 24th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
Well, I take it the cockpit sticker TFs are NOT in scale with the Legends figures...
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497826)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 25th, 2013 @ 5:46am CDT

Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497828)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 25th, 2013 @ 5:57am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:The sound effects actually remind me of the live-action movies though. :-(

I recognize some of those sound effects from the game, like the transformation and the firing of the artillery cannons. Now sure about the others, though.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497876)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2013 @ 10:04am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote: :lol: I was expecting the button to be that little dimple on top of the bridge, not the entire bridge itself. Maybe the designers thought no one would be able to find a small button on a monster this size.
Hence my joke/inquiry about the Optimus in the cockpit getting seasick. :P

Sodan-1 wrote:The voice sounds wrong but that's probably because of the crappy speaker it uses. The sound effects actually remind me of the live-action movies though. :-(
They're all pretty much lifted straight out of Fall of Cybertron.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497983)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 25th, 2013 @ 5:29pm CDT

I'm not saying Hasbro noticed the discussion on here, but it's nice to dream! :roll:
Considering that Metro is part of the 30th Anniversary line, which is pretty much aimed at Collectors (vs. children), it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume Hasbro either asked the community or read some comments somewhere. I have more confidence in that theory than one in which Hasbro came up with this idea all on their own. :-?
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1497987)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2013 @ 6:00pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I'm a little shocked that Hasbro included voice clips, right after our general discussion about how Metro needed the "Metroplex heeds the call..." voice clip, but probably wouldn't have it...

Well, we already knew about the voice clips, even the "heeds the call" line, since the first announcement of the figure way back at the last Toy Fair.
Re: Transformers Generations Titan Metroplex Soundclips (1498138)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 26th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
I know we were told he would have quotes from Fall of Cybertron, but damn, I felt giddy hearing it. I was also wondering how the visor would look when the eyes light up, so that's another plus for me.

I really hope this doesn't come too soon. My wallet is unprepared... :-(
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys